Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- May 2023 Edition

If I'd known I was going to be awake this early, I wouldn't have started the new month last night.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Determined to beat 2022's record, Albuquerque has, so far, 44 homicides this year.

We'll be number one in something!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Mental Health Awareness: When Suffering Is Not an Illness - Origins

Honored Contributor

Mental Health Awareness Week - 8th to 14th May 2017

Honored Contributor

Mental Health Awareness Month Activities - holistic doctor

Honored Contributor

Full Flower Moon Wishes - Today's Task For All!

The Full Flower Moon will rise on Friday, May 5, a nickname for May's full moon due to the abundance of colorful flowers during spring. Other nicknames for the upcoming full moon include the Budding Moon, Planting Moon and Egg Laying Moon.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Eta Aquarid meteor shower 2023 is active between April 15 and May 27 and peaks on May 5-6.

How to watch the Eta Aquarids May meteor shower - Business Insider

Even though the moon will 100% illuminated at the time of the shower's peak, the Eta Aquarids are not to be missed due to the possibility of a significant outburst, according to Bill Cooke, the lead for the Meteoroid Environment Office (opens in new tab) at NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Alabama.

According to Cooke, the potential outburst will be caused by particles ejected from Comet Halley in 390 BC, and meteor rates could be over two times the norm — that's a Zenith Hourly Rate (ZHR) of around 120!

Eta Aquarid Meteor Shower 2018: How Halley's Comet Causes Meteor Showers - Thrillist

You can see the Eta Aquarids best in the Southern Hemisphere, where they are one of the most prolific showers of the year. They can also be viewed north of the equator where observers can expect to see around 10 to 30 meteors per hour during the shower's peak. All you need to catch the show is darkness, somewhere comfortable to watch and a bit of patience.

(space dot com)

Honored Contributor

May 23: Moon, Mars and Venus converge

Venus and Mars have been prominent planets in the evening sky in recent weeks, and the duo will turn into a trio during the final full week of May as another celestial object sweeps past the planets.

The crescent moon will start its approach toward Venus and Mars on the evenings of Sunday, May 21, and Monday, May 22, before appearing in between the planets after sunset on Tuesday, May 23.

No telescope is required to view the congregation in the western sky, but having one on the evening of Wednesday, May 24, could come in handy. On this night, Mars will hang directly below the crescent moon, with the two appearing so close that they may be in the same field of view when using a telescope or pair of binoculars.

Venus and Mars will gradually become closer and closer in the evening sky in the coming weeks, with the two once again being at the center of an astronomical event in the middle of June.

Honored Contributor

Today's tea:

Little Blushing Birdie: Tea Time - Harney & Sons Paris

Honored Contributor

May birthdays fall right in the heart of spring, and the emerald is the perfect gem to symbolize ...