Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- May 2022 Edition

Honey Bee Hello Vector Images (over 100)   

Wishing the Bee Hive a happy new month.

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

@Puddles wrote:

Honey Bee Hello Vector Images (over 100)   

Wishing the Bee Hive a happy new month.

@Puddles 

30 1.5" THANK YOU BEE HONEY FAVOR LABELS ROUND STICKERS*** | eBay

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
Sure, everybody leave when I read through your May posts and now your both gone! Oh, I guess I am late as usual....

I am guessing those hives in Ukraine might be gone by now!
I think the bees are in my backyard. I have plenty and also quite a few birds.

Went to see DD today and she is doing good. Did I tell you she has hair the color of Jessica Chastain the actress. I don't know if Jessica's hair is dyed or not. My daughter's hair is that natural light red though.
That color doesn't run in either of our families🤔

Did I tell you my grandmother lived to the age of 99. True!
Good physical and mental health. She was from Czechoslovakia and moved to Nebraska in the early 1900 hundreds. Fluent in Czech, German and English. They grew up on a farm with thirteen children. The whole family had long life spans...Don't know why? I wonder if it was genetics or lifestyle 🤔
Just rambling....

No career plans have come to me...yet.
No, Marigold isn't WGD yet. She has a long way to go still.
Ok, Brisk out for the night and will be back to ramble another day...
Hang loose everybody.....

@Brisky 

Good to hear you have bees.  There's an open lot not far from here that's full of what some might call an ugly purple weed, but I'm pretty sure it's a New Mexico wildflower.

Our retaining wall is full of them and that would normally make BH nuts, but I've explained that the bees are in love with these things so he's leaving them alone.

I keep looking for the plant online but I just see similar plants that are supposedly rare.  These things aren't rare.  They're everywhere.

Good to hear you know something about your family history.  So many people don't.  My baby book was a victim of our fire -- it was with all the old photos in the antique chest in the garage.  Lots of family information in there and now it's gone.

And that's when you realize you miss your parents.  When you have a question about the family and there's no one to ask.

And that's why kids should pay attention when their parents are trying to tell them about relatives.  It's information they'll want and need some day.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Steve Stucker: High and dry statewide, cooler in the west Monday

Eeewww.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Eeewww.

@just bee 

The low humidity sounds great.  You can keep everything else.

I think ole Steve was "high and dry" himself when he wrote out that forecast.  How can you have a "cooler west" with "above average temps"?🤨

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Eeewww.

@just bee 

I think ole Steve was "high and dry" himself when he wrote out that forecast.  How can you have a "cooler west" with "above average temps"?🤨

@geezerette 

I interpret it as above average temperatures except in the western part of the state which is quickly becoming my favorite part.  That road trip was great because the area had been getting an unusual amount of rain and it was just so green and lush.  Wildflowers everywhere.  Nice people, too.

I kept telling BH: I don't think we're in New Mexico anymore.

I'd like another road trip but gas prices just went up again.  Even Costco is sky-high.  We may have to revisit the odd-even days of the 70s.  Maybe a committee of bees could oversee it.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Eeewww.

@just bee 

@geezerette 

I interpret it as above average temperatures except in the western part of the state which is quickly becoming my favorite part.  That road trip was great because the area had been getting an unusual amount of rain and it was just so green and lush.  Wildflowers everywhere.  Nice people, too.

I kept telling BH: I don't think we're in New Mexico anymore.

I'd like another road trip but gas prices just went up again.  Even Costco is sky-high.  We may have to revisit the odd-even days of the 70s.  Maybe a committee of bees could oversee it.

@just bee 

Yeah, I thought I missed the green too--until I moved back into it.  Then all I had were dreams of that wonderfully ugly brown desert.

Our gas has stayed relatively low compared to the rest of the country.  I don't drive enough to pay much attention to it.  I was surprised when checking out the new vehicles that they get so much better gas mileage than my old clunkers do now.  Of course, both my cars are V-8s which I don't think they even make anymore.  Heck, they don't even make cars anymore.  They're all some sort of SUV or truck.

Oh well, I probably won't be driving too many more years anyway.

Honored Contributor

@Brisky You're sound like me 'where is everybody?'. 

Our @just bee is usually work (I think she works nights) and sometimes I just want to bang on @geezerette's bedroom door and yell *Get Up!*Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@Brisky You're sound like me 'where is everybody?'. 

Our @just bee is usually work (I think she works nights) and sometimes I just want to bang on @geezerette's bedroom door and yell *Get Up!*Woman LOL

@Lucky Charm 

I'd probably be awake anyway, but not coherent enough to post!🥱

Which seems to often happen in the middle of the day, too.🫥

Honored Contributor

Geez, the satellite has been down for a half hour because it's been raining so hard.  Glad I live on a hill.