Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- May 2022 Edition

@just bee wrote:

This is probably off-topic, although we aren't ever on-topic, are we?

One of my favorite actors is Stanley Tucci.  I like Stanley, I like Italy, I like Italian food and wine.  So you'd think I'd be all over his CNN series, right?

I tried to watch it last season but so much of it rubbed me the wrong way.  I thought I'd give this season a chance and watched back-to-back episodes: Venice and Rome.  The same things rubbed me wrong.

I also watched that other offering of theirs: Nomad with Carlton McCoy.  That show rubbed me the wrong way, too.  The episode was in Paris.

It seems like every time I see Europe, I see graffiti.  I see plenty of it in Albuquerque and it bothers me.  It bothers me, perhaps more, when I see it all over ancient buildings in Europe.

Am I in the minority here?  Am I the only one who looks at it as defacing property and not as art?

03B93C10-E4FE-4FF3-991D-773FF758E9DE.jpeg

949C87AB-53FE-47CB-90C0-F7977C013D8F.jpeg

🤣🤣🤣

Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
I need to go back and read from start of May.

👋

Never made it on vacation due to sick fur baby. Try again, probably June.

@bikerbabe 

Oh, no!  Is everything okay now?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

There's graffiti and then there's sanctioned wall art.

The stuff that somebody paints on somebody else's wall without permission, I don't like--no matter how nifty the scene may be.  

The stuff that somebody wants on their wall is fine.  Just like all other 'art', it's in the eye of the beholder.  Some I've seen that looks like graffiti.  Other stuff is unique and talented.  Since I'm not fond of 'busyness' in anything, some wall art I don't like just because it clutters my eye wherever it is.

Truthfully I've never really thought about it, other than grumbling about the defacing of the concrete expressway walls.  I'm not an art person.

Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
I need to go back and read from start of May.

👋

Never made it on vacation due to sick fur baby. Try again, probably June.

@bikerbabe 

Glad to have you back.

Sorry you missed your vacation.

Update on the fur baby needed!

Honored Contributor

hey all

i had such good intentions.hung out laundry this morn, sheet day, all had to come down.

very humid,heavy cloud cover, feels like you are walking into rain yet it is not raining. little wind

last load is ready for folding.

did normal chores

did morn walk

not much else,later guys

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

The stuff that somebody paints on somebody else's wall without permission, I don't like--no matter how nifty the scene may be.  

The stuff that somebody wants on their wall is fine.  Just like all other 'art', it's in the eye of the beholder.  Some I've seen that looks like graffiti.  Other stuff is unique and talented.  Since I'm not fond of 'busyness' in anything, some wall art I don't like just because it clutters my eye wherever it is.

Truthfully I've never really thought about it, other than grumbling about the defacing of the concrete expressway walls.  I'm not an art person.

@geezerette 

This is Rome.

Rome the Second Time: Graffiti: the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. MOCA, and Rome

This is ugly.

This is Venice.

Venice Italy Photos - XarJ Blog and Podcast

This is ugly.

More European graffiti.

Not sure where this is.  Could be domestic.  Still ugly.

Street Artist Edits Ugly Graffiti to Make it Legible

ugly graffiti | Jess C | Flickr

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@geezerette 

This is Rome.

Rome the Second Time: Graffiti: the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. MOCA, and Rome

This is ugly.

This is Venice.

Venice Italy Photos - XarJ Blog and Podcast

This is ugly.

More European graffiti.

Not sure where this is.  Could be domestic.  Still ugly.

Street Artist Edits Ugly Graffiti to Make it Legible

ugly graffiti | Jess C | Flickr

@just bee 

Yep.  Graffiti.  Ugly.

Not at all in the category of prehistoric wall paintings.

Honored Contributor

Morning,

Her spine is a hot mess of degenerating discs and she had a bad flare up. She’s doing better.

Overcast this morning. Nice to have the house open for awhile.

Feeling grumpy and very intolerant this morning. Actually, more like “tired of being tolerant”.

Downtime lately focused on NBA playoffs.

Have a great day! ☀️
Honored Contributor

@geezerette 

I don't buy that this is art.

There are plenty of murals and sculptures around town and, in no time, they are covered in spray paint.

Why would an "artist" destroy another artist's work?

Just saw that a new mural has been started at the nearby private school.  It will be tagged, vandalized, obliterated.

Because why would you want anything nice in your city?

Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
Morning,

Her spine is a hot mess of degenerating discs and she had a bad flare up. She’s doing better.

Overcast this morning. Nice to have the house open for awhile.

Feeling grumpy and very intolerant this morning. Actually, more like “tired of being tolerant”.

Downtime lately focused on NBA playoffs.

Have a great day! ☀️

@bikerbabe 

Hey -- me, too!  Have a feeling we're not alone.

Sorry to hear about the cat.  Is she on any kind of treatment for pain?