Respected Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- May 2022 Edition

I will drive my jeep Cherokee until it falls apart. I haven't had one problem with this 2004 model YET! I don't really care about vehicles unless they stop working. DH has a truck and her name is Ruby. Yes, he is from the South.🙃

The military changed his accent and his little sister's too.
They lost the accents! His other siblings have strong southern accents and they talk quite a bit faster and sometimes when I first met them...I didn't understand what they were saying! Pickled means Drunk? WOW, that is strange!... I learned alot of new words.🙂

Watching Antique Road shows... getting addicted actually.

On another note, Marigold ate my glasses....new pair in the works and hopefully be in next week🤓
Yes, I still like her...🙄

What color is your new SUV geezerette?
Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
I will drive my jeep Cherokee until it falls apart. I haven't had one problem with this 2004 model YET! I don't really care about vehicles unless they stop working. DH has a truck and her name is Ruby. Yes, he is from the South.🙃

They lost the accents! His other siblings have strong southern accents and they talk quite a bit faster and sometimes when I first met them...I didn't understand what they were saying! Pickled means Drunk? WOW, that is strange!... I learned alot of new words.🙂

On another note, Marigold ate my glasses....new pair in the works and hopefully be in next week🤓

@Brisky 

Silver.  Wouldn't have been my choice had I ordered one, but that's not as important to me as it once was.

I would have loved to keep my old dog mobile.  And had my OG still been around, I would have begged him to keep it up.  But I didn't want to get caught someday if it quit in the middle of the road.  

Of course, I spent hours upon hours second guessing myself after I signed on the dotted line. 

And there's no guarantee that this new one won't quit in the middle of the road either.  

Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
The shining came out when I was young and stupid🤫
It did SCARE me...yikes. 😱
Se7en, I guessed that ending.🤔
Like Morgen Freeman, our most liked actor for his Bee Farms.
DH, wants a friend for latest edition. I said "No WAY" Jose... She is still a beautiful MONSTER. He believes all dogs need a buddy. My foot was put down fast. What is wrong with men? Please don't answer anybody🤣

We are predictable....Dry and windy here.
My crew left me at home because they went to the movies again. They even buy greasy popcorn 🙄
Have fun all and all that ******...😉 B rated I am guessing!
Anyway, take care all , Brisk is enjoying the quiet time...

@Brisky 

AKC English Cream Golden Retriever For Sale Fredericksburg, OH Male- J - AC Puppies LLC

A playmate?  With DH's blessings?

Tempting...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@viva923 wrote:

hey all

My  19 yr old car is acting up again. what should we do. have an appoint with new car dealership (same one we have been going to since 1990) saturday at 12 noon.my check engine light is on now,dh going to run it over to auto zone for diagnosic reading to see now what is going on. should we sink any more money into my car. have we reach a point of not worth it any longer.

have had heavy rain off/on since early morn.

got my hair cut at 11am today. not much else guys. later.

@viva923 

You may be at that point.  You have to ask yourself if the stress is worth it.  I ask two things of a car.  To start when I need it to start and to stop when I need it to stop.  If a car betrays me, I can't trust it.  Every time I get behind the wheel and I have to wonder, what's gonna happen now...

I don't want that hanging over my head.

(I've driven some real lemons in my life!)

@viva923 

Funny you should bring this up just now, Vi.  I just traded in my 24-year-old dog mobile this past week for a 2020 SUV.  

I had been planning on waiting until the dog was gone and I had moved into town before getting rid of both of my old cars and buying what I figured would be my last car.  But, in the past year they both have had some repairs and I felt the dog mobile was on the verge of becoming just what @just bee said: untrustworthy.  I'm by myself, living in the country with two cars almost old enough to be designated as antiques.  Either one or both could go at any time.

So, I went to the dealership and was just going to look.  I know it's a horrible time to buy, but I thought I'd maybe take a test drive and order a car.  But they had none of the models I wanted.  But, as luck would have it, someone had traded in one similar to what I wanted just the day before.  I had to into the back where it was being cleaned up to see it.  

After much consternation and some discussions, I decided to get the available car now.  It wasn't exactly what I wanted and it didn't fit into "my plan", but if the last few years has taught me anything it's that anything can happen at any time.

So now I'm out some bucks that weren't making anything in the bank anyway and I have (hopefully) at least one reliable vehicle.  And the dog has a new dog mobile.😆

@geezerette 

Wow!

Just wow! Woman LOL

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:

@Brisky 

AKC English Cream Golden Retriever For Sale Fredericksburg, OH Male- R - AC Puppies LLC

Maybe DH has a point.

Honored Contributor

hey all

I heard you GEE, the check engine light was not gas cap but 3 emission sensors went bad, more money to repair.

NUTS,we purchased a 2022 RAV 4 toyota, we figure this will probably be our last car, it is covered from stem to stern with warrenties. all but the tires.should have done that but dh said no.

ok guys am exhausted, later.

Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

hey all

I heard you GEE, the check engine light was not gas cap but 3 emission sensors went bad, more money to repair.

NUTS,we purchased a 2022 RAV 4 toyota, we figure this will probably be our last car, it is covered from stem to stern with warrenties. all but the tires.should have done that but dh said no.

@viva923 

WOW, again! Woman LOL

This might be a smart move.  Before the economy tanks, make sure you have operational appliances, cars, homes.

My coworker has a baby and she's pregnant again.  She has confirmed there really is a shortage of baby formula out there.  This was new news to a couple of my other coworkers this week.

How do you miss a story like this?

Anyway, like the Scouts always say, be prepared.

Honored Contributor

Baby animal animated GIFs

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@viva923 wrote:

hey all

My  19 yr old car is acting up again. what should we do. have an appoint with new car dealership (same one we have been going to since 1990) saturday at 12 noon.my check engine light is on now,dh going to run it over to auto zone for diagnosic reading to see now what is going on. should we sink any more money into my car. have we reach a point of not worth it any longer.

have had heavy rain off/on since early morn.

got my hair cut at 11am today. not much else guys. later.

@viva923 

You may be at that point.  You have to ask yourself if the stress is worth it.  I ask two things of a car.  To start when I need it to start and to stop when I need it to stop.  If a car betrays me, I can't trust it.  Every time I get behind the wheel and I have to wonder, what's gonna happen now...

I don't want that hanging over my head.

(I've driven some real lemons in my life!)

@viva923 

Funny you should bring this up just now, Vi.  I just traded in my 24-year-old dog mobile this past week for a 2020 SUV.  

I had been planning on waiting until the dog was gone and I had moved into town before getting rid of both of my old cars and buying what I figured would be my last car.  But, in the past year they both have had some repairs and I felt the dog mobile was on the verge of becoming just what @just bee said: untrustworthy.  I'm by myself, living in the country with two cars almost old enough to be designated as antiques.  Either one or both could go at any time.

So, I went to the dealership and was just going to look.  I know it's a horrible time to buy, but I thought I'd maybe take a test drive and order a car.  But they had none of the models I wanted.  But, as luck would have it, someone had traded in one similar to what I wanted just the day before.  I had to into the back where it was being cleaned up to see it.  

After much consternation and some discussions, I decided to get the available car now.  It wasn't exactly what I wanted and it didn't fit into "my plan", but if the last few years has taught me anything it's that anything can happen at any time.

So now I'm out some bucks that weren't making anything in the bank anyway and I have (hopefully) at least one reliable vehicle.  And the dog has a new dog mobile.😆

@geezerette 

Wow!

Just wow! Woman LOL

@just bee 

That was kinda my reaction when I saw it in the garage the next day.😳

Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

hey all

@viva923 

Yay!  Good for you.  Now I don't feel so alone.😉

This might be my last car too.  I'm disappointed that my plan for waiting to buy didn't pan out so I could have gotten exactly what I wanted, but who knows?  Maybe if the stars align in a few years I can trade in for a brand new one.  

But I figure if I've been happy driving cars that are over twenty years old, a two year old vehicle should be fine.😄

I hope we'll both be happy with our new purchases.  And worry free, too!🤞