Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- May 2022 Edition

@bikerbabe wrote:
Friday the 13th
Mercury in retrograde
Lunar eclipse during a super flower blood moon

I have no clue what all that means but it doesn’t sound good.

Working Fri Sat Sun Mon.
Yeah, me!🥴🤡

@bikerbabe 

I have Friday the 13th to look forward to in just a few hours...

Fingers and toes crossed for both of us.

And now I must get ready to go to work.  Yay.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

Brisk, back in the hive! Hello everybody! 👋
The wind is driving me crazy this year. 😳...bags full of falling limbs.
My DH bought me two beautiful Hydranga bushes for Mothers day. I have full sun everywhere and Marigold wants to eat them .🥲 So I have them placed on my dining room table for now.....She is big enough to jump up now and she ate a big blossom🙄 she is still alive😉

DS is coming home for the summer and will arrive tonight. No political speeches . Banned for the whole summer. That's how we survive at my house.

Tomorrow is spooky movie night....Does anybody have a favorite? Most are so CORNY.LOL Few get them right.

Hope everyone is doing OK.
Brisk out for now....
With stomach upset. I hate it when it acts up!
Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
Brisk, back in the hive! Hello everybody! 👋
The wind is driving me crazy this year. 😳...bags full of falling limbs.
My DH bought me two beautiful Hydranga bushes for Mothers day. I have full sun everywhere and Marigold wants to eat them .🥲 So I have them placed on my dining room table for now.....She is big enough to jump up now and she ate a big blossom🙄 she is still alive😉

DS is coming home for the summer and will arrive tonight. No political speeches . Banned for the whole summer. That's how we survive at my house.

Tomorrow is spooky movie night....Does anybody have a favorite? Most are so CORNY.LOL Few get them right.

Hope everyone is doing OK.
Brisk out for now....
With stomach upset. I hate it when it acts up!

@Brisky 

Excellent question!

If I had to choose, I think it would have to be...

Classic Movies: NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD (1968) - Criterion Collection | The Entertainment Factor

They're coming to get you, Barbara!

Night of the Living Dead (1968)

DS is coming?  Sounds like it might be a long summer...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

hey all

My  19 yr old car is acting up again. what should we do. have an appoint with new car dealership (same one we have been going to since 1990) saturday at 12 noon.my check engine light is on now,dh going to run it over to auto zone for diagnosic reading to see now what is going on. should we sink any more money into my car. have we reach a point of not worth it any longer.

have had heavy rain off/on since early morn.

got my hair cut at 11am today. not much else guys. later.

Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

hey all

My  19 yr old car is acting up again. what should we do. have an appoint with new car dealership (same one we have been going to since 1990) saturday at 12 noon.my check engine light is on now,dh going to run it over to auto zone for diagnosic reading to see now what is going on. should we sink any more money into my car. have we reach a point of not worth it any longer.

@viva923 

You may be at that point.  You have to ask yourself if the stress is worth it.  I ask two things of a car.  To start when I need it to start and to stop when I need it to stop.  If a car betrays me, I can't trust it.  Every time I get behind the wheel and I have to wonder, what's gonna happen now...

I don't want that hanging over my head.

(I've driven some real lemons in my life!)

Honored Contributor

@Brisky 

And then there's...

The Shining 4K UHD Review with 4K Screenshots

The Shining.

And...

The Ten Percent - The 31 Days of Horror Edition: Nosferatu

Nosferatu (1922).

Honored Contributor

Happy Friday from Heritage Bee Farm!! Have an awesome weekend! www.heritagebees.com | Bee farm ...

Honored Contributor

@Brisky 

How about...

What is your review of Se7en (1995 movie)? - Quora

Se7en

Respected Contributor

The shining came out when I was young and stupid🤫
It did SCARE me...yikes. 😱
Se7en, I guessed that ending.🤔
Like Morgen Freeman, our most liked actor for his Bee Farms.
DH, wants a friend for latest edition. I said "No WAY" Jose... She is still a beautiful MONSTER. He believes all dogs need a buddy. My foot was put down fast. What is wrong with men? Please don't answer anybody🤣

We are predictable....Dry and windy here.
My crew left me at home because they went to the movies again. They even buy greasy popcorn 🙄
Have fun all and all that ******...😉 B rated I am guessing!
Anyway, take care all , Brisk is enjoying the quiet time...
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@viva923 wrote:

hey all

@viva923 

You may be at that point.  You have to ask yourself if the stress is worth it.  I ask two things of a car.  To start when I need it to start and to stop when I need it to stop.  If a car betrays me, I can't trust it.  Every time I get behind the wheel and I have to wonder, what's gonna happen now...

I don't want that hanging over my head.

(I've driven some real lemons in my life!)

@viva923 

Funny you should bring this up just now, Vi.  I just traded in my 24-year-old dog mobile this past week for a 2020 SUV.  

I had been planning on waiting until the dog was gone and I had moved into town before getting rid of both of my old cars and buying what I figured would be my last car.  But, in the past year they both have had some repairs and I felt the dog mobile was on the verge of becoming just what @just bee said: untrustworthy.  I'm by myself, living in the country with two cars almost old enough to be designated as antiques.  Either one or both could go at any time.

So, I went to the dealership and was just going to look.  I know it's a horrible time to buy, but I thought I'd maybe take a test drive and order a car.  But they had none of the models I wanted.  But, as luck would have it, someone had traded in one similar to what I wanted just the day before.  I had to into the back where it was being cleaned up to see it.  

After much consternation and some discussions, I decided to get the available car now.  It wasn't exactly what I wanted and it didn't fit into "my plan", but if the last few years has taught me anything it's that anything can happen at any time.

So now I'm out some bucks that weren't making anything in the bank anyway and I have (hopefully) at least one reliable vehicle.  And the dog has a new dog mobile.😆