Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- May 2022 Edition

@just bee wrote:

Highlight of the day:

Drove through an older neighborhood on the way home from the park with WGD and caught a whiff of one of the most amazing smelling Russian olives in the city.  So full of blossoms! Heart

Grace Davidson: Russian Olive Tree Flowers - Russian Olive Tree Seeds (Elaeagnus angustifolia) 5 ...

@just bee 

I was out with the dog this morning (trying hard not to sweat at 7am🥵) and suddenly was stopped in my tracks as a fragrance floated my way.

Honeysuckle!  The first of the season appeared overnight.  It seems to go well with our sultry weather but it never lasts long enough for me.  I love the smell in nature, but I hate it as a perfume on my body.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

hey all

Just Bee-doc check went well go back in 6 months,they want to make sure the implant is doing what it is suppose to be doing, and check the battery level (I have the 5 year battery will it last that long????? who knows now a days)

not much today

did normal chores

did morn walk-got it in early today

hung clothes up outside.

going back into a wet weather pattern for another 4-5 days. it has been one lousy spring.

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

hey all

Just Bee-doc check went well go back in 6 months,they want to make sure the implant is doing what it is suppose to be doing, and check the battery level (I have the 5 year battery will it last that long????? who knows now a days)

not much today

did normal chores

did morn walk-got it in early today

hung clothes up outside.

going back into a wet weather pattern for another 4-5 days. it has been one lousy spring.

ok guys later.

@viva923 

It's been weird -- that's for sure.

Glad your appointment went well! Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Highlight of the day:

Drove through an older neighborhood on the way home from the park with WGD and caught a whiff of one of the most amazing smelling Russian olives in the city.  So full of blossoms! Heart

Grace Davidson: Russian Olive Tree Flowers - Russian Olive Tree Seeds (Elaeagnus angustifolia) 5 ...

@just bee 

I was out with the dog this morning (trying hard not to sweat at 7am🥵) and suddenly was stopped in my tracks as a fragrance floated my way.

Honeysuckle!  The first of the season appeared overnight.  It seems to go well with our sultry weather but it never lasts long enough for me.  I love the smell in nature, but I hate it as a perfume on my body.

@geezerette 

Years ago, BH got tired of me asking: Why can't someone bottle this scent and sell it?

He did a little research and found a Russian olive fragrance in Japan.  He ordered it.  From Japan.

Bore no resemblance to Russian olive blossoms.

It was a floral fragrance and I couldn't wear it.  I hate floral fragrances and they hate me.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@samawah106 wrote:

They are so adorable to look at from afar. I have always preferred this style of hives than those rectangular cases that are considered the standard. Then again, I’m not confident in being a caretaker using this so I’m still following other peoples’ instructions.

@samawah106 

Silhouette Design Store - View Design #199174: welcome to our hive

Are you raising bees?

Honored Contributor

@just bee 

You do realize it's futile?  

Heck, I don't even work in a psych unit and I've given up.  

Every once in a while, the temptation is too much to resist, no?😉

Interesting post at the other place.  A sad, frustrating, and complicated example of what I imagine you feel.  ("Internet")

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee 

Interesting post at the other place.  A sad, frustrating, and complicated example of what I imagine you feel.  ("Internet")

@geezerette 

I like to blame our education system. Woman Wink

Have to start thinking about a nap.  Working tonight.  Must keep abreast of the human struggle...

Honored Contributor

Many of the problems in the education system originate in the home. I also think there is too much testing and teaching to a test. I was always self motivated and did A LOT more and faster than required but I know I was the exception to most. I was reading long before kindergarten. I’m also a believer in phonics. If I had a child I’d be tempted to homeschool. Not for religious reasons but so he could progress as fast as he wanted. I remember I had the option to skip a bunch of grades but Mom declined. From a social development standpoint, she made the right choice. I was soooooooo shy. Still am, at times. From an educational perspective, I was held back even with GATE enrollment.

I won’t get into what’s right and wrong in the world. I know @just bee that we will disagree on a lot of things, and that’s ok. 😁

Loving the weather the past few days. Low 70s. Upper 90s by the weekend. 🤨 Working on the yard this week and laser-focused on losing weight. 🎯

👋
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee 

@geezerette 

I like to blame our education system. Woman Wink

Have to start thinking about a nap.  Working tonight.  Must keep abreast of the human struggle...

@just bee 

I would think you get more than what you can handle at work!