Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- March 2024 Edition

Well, as long as our bedroom door is closed, I can make this place spotless in one day.

But....I have a basketball game to go to tomorrow --so it won't be tomorrow.

Looks like it'll be Sunday and my husband can help me.

The dry wall guy didn't say he was coming here tomorrow, so he probably won't show up till Monday.  He has toput trim in our bathroom, paint the ceiling and walls. 

Then we've got to move everything back into the bathroom--most of which is in our bedroom so he can paint our bedroom.

Then move everything for our bedroom that's in my reading nook, and the livingroom, and the kitchen, and our granddaughter's room, and the room we're sleeping in.

I used the extra *ands* for emphasis because I really could use your help!

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm I've never had the pleasure of building a new home, but remodeling has its downside (at least for me). One thing always leads to another, and the it blows the budget.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

New builds are great, but the very first thing I do before I even get my Certificate of Occupancy---is clean from top to bottom.  Every cabinet, counter, tiled area, appliance, switchplate, etc.

Makes move-in day less stressful.

Contractors don't show up at your house with brand new tools and drop cloths.  Or wash their hands every time  they're dirty. Simple fact.

My new bathroom looks awesome.  But I know I'm going to have to clean all the new tile work from the ceiling down and also every inch of the floor.

Worth it though!Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Random thoughts...

Living with Rottweilers: Spending time in the house on rainy days.

Some of my friends exercise every day. Meanwhile I'm watching a show I don’t like because the remote fell on the floor.

@just bee 

Do you have a hidden camera in my living room?

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Random thoughts...

Living with Rottweilers: Spending time in the house on rainy days.

Some of my friends exercise every day. Meanwhile I'm watching a show I don’t like because the remote fell on the floor.

@just bee 

Do you have a hidden camera in my living room?

@geezerette 

Barking but true: The touching bond between a Rottweiler and a wolf cub | Daily Mail Online

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

hello all,

it is a WET, DREARY DAY here. been raining very steady and fairly hard since overnight.

got up early to get laundramat stuff done (bedding changed). had enough time to sit and watch a movie. dh suggested one of the movies you get on u tube. so we turned on the sci fi stuff. oh my gosh, what a dumb ****** movie we picked. it was so badly made you laughed thru the whole thing, it made so sense and the acting was absolutely horrible. we both dozed off thru it off and on. what we did see was just plain awful and laughable.,

yesterday mail a letter was sent to me about my gemtesa pills. seems my perscription is good till 2099.  dh read the letter i did too and that is what we both conculded. all I do is call the doctor office to get a new script which every 2 months no questions asked, i am guessing NO red tape like what we had when it was first ordered. that is what dh and  i are thinking,see what happens when we do the reorder in next 6 months that is when i have to get new script.

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

Happy Saturday and 🐣 Easter weekend from us here at D-Tek Live! Have a fun, safe and enjoyable ...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

I have a plan for this morning.

I'm going to shower and wash off the stench of this week, then have some more wine.

Bee martini - Drawception

Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

hello all,

it is a WET, DREARY DAY here. been raining very steady and fairly hard since overnight.

got up early to get laundramat stuff done (bedding changed). had enough time to sit and watch a movie. dh suggested one of the movies you get on u tube. so we turned on the sci fi stuff. oh my gosh, what a dumb ****** movie we picked. it was so badly made you laughed thru the whole thing, it made so sense and the acting was absolutely horrible. we both dozed off thru it off and on. what we did see was just plain awful and laughable.,

yesterday mail a letter was sent to me about my gemtesa pills. seems my perscription is good till 2099.  dh read the letter i did too and that is what we both conculded. all I do is call the doctor office to get a new script which every 2 months no questions asked, i am guessing NO red tape like what we had when it was first ordered. that is what dh and  i are thinking,see what happens when we do the reorder in next 6 months that is when i have to get new script.

ok guys later.

@viva923 

Well then, you're good for another 75 years!😳😂

Honored Contributor

I'm watching Goodbye Mr. Chips (the original 1939 version).

In the scene right after Greer Garson has died during childbirth, Robert Donat is in his classroom sitting at his desk in shock.  

Unfortunately, all I can see is that his mustache was applied crooked.  I never noticed that before.  It kind of ruins the sentiment.