Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,815
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: The Bee Hive -- March 2021 Edition

hey all

not much here,

did chores

sheet day so 4 large loads of laundry today, last load is ready to fold

did morn walk

 

mighty cold and chilly today, a very brisk howling wind is blowing straight out of the north.

 

ok guys later

Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,079
Registered: ‎03-16-2010

Re: The Bee Hive -- March 2021 Edition


@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

"...“The Cat in the Hat,”... will continue to be published for now...."  (AP)

 

Gee, that's comforting.  


@geezerette 

 

And six books won't be.  Six.  For now.

 

I thank God every day for two things:

 

1. That I decided not to teach high school English and Theatre after I graduated with my teaching credential.

 

2. That I decided not to have children when I was in kindergarten.

 

Don't have to burn books anymore.  You just don't have to publish them.


@just bee 

 

I don't 'do' ebooks, but I've heard a debate as to whether those that are 'no longer available' by the smiley faced retailer will eventually be deleted from your downloads.

 

I suppose the Bible will be next.

These kids are going to be the ones taking care of us in the old folks home. That's a scarier thought than Covid.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,079
Registered: ‎03-16-2010

Re: The Bee Hive -- March 2021 Edition


@viva923 wrote:

hey all

not much here,

did chores

sheet day so 4 large loads of laundry today, last load is ready to fold

did morn walk

 

mighty cold and chilly today, a very brisk howling wind is blowing straight out of the north.

 

ok guys later


@viva923 

 

It sounds like you're back to normal!👍

Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,072
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: The Bee Hive -- March 2021 Edition


@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

"...“The Cat in the Hat,”... will continue to be published for now...."  (AP)

 

Gee, that's comforting.  


@geezerette 

 

And six books won't be.  Six.  For now.

 

I thank God every day for two things:

 

1. That I decided not to teach high school English and Theatre after I graduated with my teaching credential.

 

2. That I decided not to have children when I was in kindergarten.

 

Don't have to burn books anymore.  You just don't have to publish them.


@just bee 

 

I don't 'do' ebooks, but I've heard a debate as to whether those that are 'no longer available' by the smiley faced retailer will eventually be deleted from your downloads.

 

I suppose the Bible will be next.

These kids are going to be the ones taking care of us in the old folks home. That's a scarier thought than Covid.


@geezerette 

 

Well, let's not forget what The Undisputed Truth told us back in 1971...

 

Smiling faces sometimes
Pretend to be your friend
Smiling faces show no traces
Of the evil that lurks within (can you dig it?)
Smiling faces, smiling faces, sometimes
They don't tell the truth
Smiling faces, smiling faces tell lies and I got proof
Oh, oh, yeah

 

I did my clinicals in nursing homes.  I don't intend to go gentle into that good night.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,072
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: The Bee Hive -- March 2021 Edition


@viva923 wrote:

hey all

not much here,

did chores

sheet day so 4 large loads of laundry today, last load is ready to fold

did morn walk

 

mighty cold and chilly today, a very brisk howling wind is blowing straight out of the north.

 

ok guys later


@viva923 

 

You found us! HeartHeartHeart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,079
Registered: ‎03-16-2010

Re: The Bee Hive -- March 2021 Edition


@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

"...“The Cat in the Hat,”... will continue to be published for now...."  (AP)

 

Gee, that's comforting.  


@geezerette 

 

And six books won't be.  Six.  For now.

 

I thank God every day for two things:

 

1. That I decided not to teach high school English and Theatre after I graduated with my teaching credential.

 

2. That I decided not to have children when I was in kindergarten.

 

Don't have to burn books anymore.  You just don't have to publish them.


@just bee 

 

I don't 'do' ebooks, but I've heard a debate as to whether those that are 'no longer available' by the smiley faced retailer will eventually be deleted from your downloads.

 

I suppose the Bible will be next.

These kids are going to be the ones taking care of us in the old folks home. That's a scarier thought than Covid.


@geezerette 

 

Well, let's not forget what The Undisputed Truth told us back in 1971...

 

Smiling faces sometimes
Pretend to be your friend
Smiling faces show no traces
Of the evil that lurks within (can you dig it?)
Smiling faces, smiling faces, sometimes
They don't tell the truth
Smiling faces, smiling faces tell lies and I got proof
Oh, oh, yeah

 

I did my clinicals in nursing homes.  I don't intend to go gentle into that good night.


@just bee 

 

Everything old is new again.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,079
Registered: ‎03-16-2010

Re: The Bee Hive -- March 2021 Edition

Carla had a bad morning.

 

We went to pay the water bill at the office drive-thru.  She waited patiently with her head out the window (drooling down the side of my car) for her cookie.

 

Horror of horrors!  They were out of dog cookies!

 

The poor girl just didn't know what to do when we left without one.  She whined all the way home, looking longingly out the back window.

 

I gave her one when we got home, but she's not forgiven me yet.

 

3BA3A7D3-F9BD-4B6F-B389-121416853511.jpeg

Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,072
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: The Bee Hive -- March 2021 Edition


@geezerette wrote:

Carla had a bad morning.

 

We went to pay the water bill at the office drive-thru.  She waited patiently with her head out the window (drooling down the side of my car) for her cookie.

 

Horror of horrors!  They were out of dog cookies!

 

The poor girl just didn't know what to do when we left without one.  She whined all the way home, looking longingly out the back window.

 

I gave her one when we got home, but she's not forgiven me yet.

 

3BA3A7D3-F9BD-4B6F-B389-121416853511.jpeg


@geezerette 

 

When we take WGD to Total Wine or Home Depot, he positions himself in front of every employee he sees.

 

He tries to sell this story that he's abused and neglected and that he never gets to eat.

 

On those rare occasions when he doesn't get a treat, he's distraught.

 

I told you about the time BH ratted him out and told the associate that he'd already had a treat.

 

I'll never forget that look.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,072
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: The Bee Hive -- March 2021 Edition

@Oshare-girl 

 

I read today that because of the pandemic, laughing has been outlawed in Hawaii.  All that's allowed now is a-lo-ha.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,079
Registered: ‎03-16-2010

Re: The Bee Hive -- March 2021 Edition


@just bee wrote:

@Oshare-girl 

 

I read today that because of the pandemic, laughing has been outlawed in Hawaii.  All that's allowed now is a-lo-ha.


9B613B56-7DCC-4AFB-9E26-576D45B64689.gif