Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- March 2021 Edition

Found it.

Bee Costume GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

I know how bad I am. I take the consolation prize on my real name...WWP🙂 worlds worst poster at your service!
You can all just call me Brisk.🙂
Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
I know how bad I am. I take the consolation prize on my real name...WWP🙂 worlds worst poster at your service!
You can all just call me Brisk.🙂

@Brisky 

WHAT???

You're not the worst anything! 

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@viva923 

Are you back to feeling like yourself? Heart

Honored Contributor

@KaySD 

I should have waited a little longer before I ordered tea from Harney & Sons.  The 25%-off-bags-of-sachets sale -- the sale I'd been waiting for -- is now here.

A good time to stock up!

Of course, I'm already stocked now...

Trusted Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@KaySD 

I should have waited a little longer before I ordered tea from Harney & Sons.  The 25%-off-bags-of-sachets sale -- the sale I'd been waiting for -- is now here.

A good time to stock up!

@just bee 

Yeah, me too. The good news? I'm stocked!

Do you drink green tea? Caffeine aside, do you think there are health benefits? 

Trusted Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Okay, I'm sitting here with a tad bit more than my 5 oz of red wine.  I had a handful of roasted (in shell) peanuts.  It's like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich without the bread.  Healthy?

@Lucky Charm 

First, who limits herself to five ounces?

Second, what kind of red wine?  Dry?  Domestic?  Italian?

As someone who still consumes peanut butter, I say that this -- red wine and peanuts -- is a healthy snack.

Mainly because I was having a glass of Montepulciano d'Abruzzo with cashews earlier. Woman Embarassed

@just bee  Well...Nothing sacred about 5 oz--it's a standard pour that makes 5 glasses per bottle, which is good math for bars. At home, anything from a shot to a tumbler seems jusit right! 

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Oh I'm a cheap date.  I can get a case of Frey Natural Red for $122.

Theyyyy sayyyy you're supposed to limit yourself to 5 oz a day.  Just read that this past week.  I did it for 3 nights and then I had too much( or too little?) left in the bottle tonight so I said *Oh hell---why not?*.

@Lucky Charm 

Ah, so you like California wine.  I limit myself to Italian and Sicilian reds.  I don't limit myself to five ounces.

@just bee 

I drink this one for several reasons.

It's vegan!

It's organic!

It doesn't contains sulfates. 

That's what the guy at the liquor store tells me  e v e r y  time. 

Supposedly, sulfates cause headaches.  Truth be told, I can still get a headache.Woman LOL

From more than 5 oz.....

Honored Contributor

@KaySD wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@KaySD 

A good time to stock up!

@just bee 

Yeah, me too. The good news? I'm stocked!

Do you drink green tea? Caffeine aside, do you think there are health benefits? 

@KaySD 

I do, but not as often as black and rooibos.  I keep green tea on hand in the event I want a mug.

I like Bangkok (green tea, lemongrass, coconut flavor, vanilla flavor, ginger flavor) and Tropical Green (green tea, pineapple flavor).  And, of course, I really like Dragon Pearl Jasmine -- a combination of green and white teas.

There seems to be plenty of research about its benefits.  But I think tea in general is healthy.

Instead of having four mugs of black tea I'll have three, then follow up with a mug of green or Dragon Pearl Jasmine.

Honored Contributor

@KaySD wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Okay, I'm sitting here with a tad bit more than my 5 oz of red wine.  I had a handful of roasted (in shell) peanuts.  It's like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich without the bread.  Healthy?

@Lucky Charm 

First, who limits herself to five ounces?

Second, what kind of red wine?  Dry?  Domestic?  Italian?

As someone who still consumes peanut butter, I say that this -- red wine and peanuts -- is a healthy snack.

Mainly because I was having a glass of Montepulciano d'Abruzzo with cashews earlier. Woman Embarassed

@just bee  Well...Nothing sacred about 5 oz--it's a standard pour that makes 5 glasses per bottle, which is good math for bars. At home, anything from a shot to a tumbler seems jusit right! 

@KaySD 

I never really thought about the number of glasses in a bottle.  Five doesn't seem like much -- especially when we're talkin' 5-ounce glasses.

But the math is right: 25 ounces/750 mL.

I swear I'm getting more than five glasses out of a bottle and I'm pretty certain I've been pouring more than five ounces.

I'm going to have to drag out the Pyrex measuring cup...