Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- March 2021 Edition

@viva923 wrote:

hey all

not much here,

did chores

sheet day so 4 large loads of laundry today, last load is ready to fold

did morn walk

mighty cold and chilly today, a very brisk howling wind is blowing straight out of the north.

ok guys later

-------------------------------

It's great seeing you here, @viva923  Woman Happy How is your son- in- law, and entire family?

Remembering where you live: your weather, I think maybe somewhat the same. 

We did have two days of 60 degrees, now around 30.

I do not expect warm toasty (and DRY) weather until late April or May. March is very unpredictable.

We have five consecutive non rain days - What A Treat!

Were you aware why I made a choice to wait this long before trying to battle the skip, jump and confusion with software here?
  I did let @jubilant know I was working steadily on several causes. I am not teaching at the hospital, now.

Woman Happy I think not. My husband has taken a sabbatical until this summer. Enjoying every minute being with him.  We had our son here from across the country with us on Christmas.

I made that a possibility. I am tired of this continuous run around listening...just listening,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and,,,,,,,,,,back to square 1.

Do not be a stranger. Fun ladies here. Have no idea where Pam is, but if you see her, tell her hello with love- I miss her.

Esteemed Contributor

I've never played the lottery, but number 14 has always been my favorite for many many years.

Ha, @Brisky 

I did win a beautiful wood platter from a drawing once. That's my intro to winning, {something} other than careful calculations that I do know a lot about. 

..............you can read this early tomorrow. 

Good night, or Good morning. 

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Fundraising Insect Influencers : bee influencer

Just a reminder...

After months of cold weather, lockdown and a steady diet of comfort food, it's time to start thinking about changes in our diets.

Time to reintroduce ourselves to the produce section.

I haven't been eating as many apples lately but I sure like the Halos this year. Heart

What have you been eating?  What are you looking forward to seeing in the grocery store?

@just bee - Fresh strawberries. 

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone! 

I haven't been posting much, been busy and just got caught up on reading everything this morning. Plus I guess I just don't feel like I have much to say right now, but I'm still trying to follow what everyone is up to. 

Respected Contributor

@Brisky, I would love to join everyone in Hawaii.  I cant even tell you how delightful that sounds about now. 

Numbers, hmmm,  I will pick 16 and 37. 

Good luck with lotto. May we all meet in Hawaii and catch up with @Oshare-girl

Respected Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

Hi everyone! 

I haven't been posting much, been busy and just got caught up on reading everything this morning. Plus I guess I just don't feel like I have much to say right now, but I'm still trying to follow what everyone is up to. 

@rnmom, me too, the same. Besides sign-in issues, I feel I have a lot to say but nothing at all.  I have just been overwhelmed with personal situations and not to mention world issues.

Lately, I have been having visions of just selling everything and traveling light to wherever life takes me or anywhere I want to go. Just being a vagabond for a little bit and then maybe starting over in another place. If it wasnt for my parents and kitties of course, I might of done just that.  I will never know. Not that traveling around now is easy or will be in the future. I think that has long changed. 

Anyhoo, take care and dont get lost. I know I havent been posting as much either but I will try and post more this month.  Even if it is just a few words.

Respected Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Fundraising Insect Influencers : bee influencer

Just a reminder...

After months of cold weather, lockdown and a steady diet of comfort food, it's time to start thinking about changes in our diets.

Time to reintroduce ourselves to the produce section.

I haven't been eating as many apples lately but I sure like the Halos this year. Heart

What have you been eating?  What are you looking forward to seeing in the grocery store?

@just bee - Fresh strawberries. 

@just bee, everything seasonal of fruits and vegetables. I love it all.  I keep buying salad fixings and it seems to find its way into the garbage. I feel terrible but I always convince myself that I am going to eat more salads. They arent as appealing in the winter. 

I have been really enjoying oranges and tangerines this year. 

Honored Contributor

@KaySD wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

"...“The Cat in the Hat,”... will continue to be published for now...."  (AP)

Gee, that's comforting.  

@geezerette 

And six books won't be.  Six.  For now.

I thank God every day for two things:

1. That I decided not to teach high school English and Theatre after I graduated with my teaching credential.

2. That I decided not to have children when I was in kindergarten.

Don't have to burn books anymore.  You just don't have to publish them.

@just bee 

There was a Little Golden Book called "Little Black Sambo" when I was a child. I seem to recall finding it interesting that a tiger going around and around a tree or something, faster and faster, would turn into butter and not be dangerous anymore. Not a useful lesson, since my environment didn't include tigers, and I'm not sure what else I learned from that book. Well, it was dropped many years ago, and for excellent reasons having nothing to do with tigers. I haven't seen the Seuss books for a long time, but maybe their time has passed as well.

@KaySD 

That was a favorite of mine!  I never could quite understand the turning into butter part, I think I just liked all those tigers tail-to-tail running around in a circle.  I never knew what happened to my copy of that book, one day it just disappeared.  I think one of my cousins took it.  They were always taking my stuff.😡

What I don't understand about the Suess books is that if the illustrations are the problem, why not just issue new copies with different pictures?  Why must the entire book be discontinued?

I suspect that it's similar to most--if not all--of these other discontinued products in that it's more a matter of 💵 than social pressure.  I don't think the six books are all that popular.  In fact, I doubt any of the Dr. Suess books are that interesting to the little kids now.

Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
I heard Dr Seuss was on his way out...
Those bushes that @justbee posted look identical to mine. Very pretty in summer....

Looked at colorado lottery just now ...11 and 14 both came up last week... It could be a sign! Ok,
1-40 I will only play Colorado lottery so odds are better.
@ geezerette , give me and important no# please. You are a very important person here.❤ just one number significant to you.
@aprilskies@rnmomwhat say you all. I am looking to all
all the regulars for help but of course first come first serve...

Good day here... Chicken and mixed veggies for dinner and I refuse to buy chocolate anytime soon. No more Milk duds. Geeze what and addiction.😒
I am off chocolate for now🤫🤫
Ok everybody Brisk out for the night. Take care and hang loose....

@Brisky 

I'm not sure I'm so "important".  I just blab a lot. 🤫

But you're a sweetheart for saying so, just the same.❤️

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@rnmom wrote:

Hi everyone! 

@rnmom, me too, the same. Besides sign-in issues, I feel I have a lot to say but nothing at all.  I have just been overwhelmed with personal situations and not to mention world issues.

Lately, I have been having visions of just selling everything and traveling light to wherever life takes me or anywhere I want to go. Just being a vagabond for a little bit and then maybe starting over in another place. If it wasnt for my parents and kitties of course, I might of done just that.  I will never know. Not that traveling around now is easy or will be in the future. I think that has long changed. 

Anyhoo, take care and dont get lost. I know I havent been posting as much either but I will try and post more this month.  Even if it is just a few words.

@aprilskies 

That was my dream for quite a while.  Until one day I suddenly realized that there really wasn't any other place I wanted to be.  No other place was enticing enough to go through all the hassle.  

Then there is the day when all those responsibilities are gone from your life and you realize that they really weren't as bad as you thought they were at the time.

❤️