Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- March 2021 Edition

@just bee 

Oh boy!  We now have a variant too!  (We're always a day late and a dollar short.)

And it arrived just as we are easing restrictions too.  Yippee.

Respected Contributor

@just bee 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Roger Daltrey | Springer spaniel puppies, Roger daltrey, Spaniel puppies

Roger Daltrey turned 77 today.

And he still looks good. Nice hair, too. 

@Lucky Charm 

Roger Daltrey Music | Tunefind

Okay, still not that bad.  Do you think? 

I like hair.

When I see Frampton or Ian Anderson now, well, it's.  Gone.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Roger Daltrey | Springer spaniel puppies, Roger daltrey, Spaniel puppies

Roger Daltrey turned 77 today.

And he still looks good. Nice hair, too. 

@Lucky Charm 

Roger Daltrey Music | Tunefind

Okay, still not that bad.  Do you think? 

I like hair.

When I see Frampton or Ian Anderson now, well, it's.  Gone.

@Lucky Charm 

I'm always happy to see someone survive rock and roll.  So... you a Jethro Tull fan, too?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee 

Oh boy!  We now have a variant too!  (We're always a day late and a dollar short.)

And it arrived just as we are easing restrictions too.  Yippee.

@geezerette 

I think we've had a couple roll through.  Considering where our state is geographically, it's not surprising.

Restrictions here are easing very slowly.  I think we're the only state that still won't open its movie theaters.

So here's one for you.  Where's the best place for a New Mexican to take a date?

Texas.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

We went to pay the water bill at the office drive-thru.  

@geezerette 

I haven't been able to pay my water bill at their office.  They always had a slot to drop it off.  They closed the slot a long time ago.  Another bill that I could just drop off on my way home from work is something I have to mail now.

What's the difference between me dropping an envelope in the slot and the mailperson dropping an envelope in the slot?

Honored Contributor

Loved Tull!  So much.  Saw them in concert about 4 or 5 times.  Then the music started to get a little too folksy (from Heavy Horses on?), but I love the old stuff, still.

Trusted Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

"...“The Cat in the Hat,”... will continue to be published for now...."  (AP)

Gee, that's comforting.  

@geezerette 

And six books won't be.  Six.  For now.

I thank God every day for two things:

1. That I decided not to teach high school English and Theatre after I graduated with my teaching credential.

2. That I decided not to have children when I was in kindergarten.

Don't have to burn books anymore.  You just don't have to publish them.

@just bee 

There was a Little Golden Book called "Little Black Sambo" when I was a child. I seem to recall finding it interesting that a tiger going around and around a tree or something, faster and faster, would turn into butter and not be dangerous anymore. Not a useful lesson, since my environment didn't include tigers, and I'm not sure what else I learned from that book. Well, it was dropped many years ago, and for excellent reasons having nothing to do with tigers. I haven't seen the Seuss books for a long time, but maybe their time has passed as well.

Respected Contributor

I heard Dr Seuss was on his way out...
Those bushes that @justbee posted look identical to mine. Very pretty in summer....

Looked at colorado lottery just now ...11 and 14 both came up last week... It could be a sign! Ok,
1-40 I will only play Colorado lottery so odds are better.
@ geezerette , give me and important no# please. You are a very important person here.❤ just one number significant to you.
@aprilskies @rnmom what say you all. I am looking to all
all the regulars for help but of course first come first serve...

Good day here... Chicken and mixed veggies for dinner and I refuse to buy chocolate anytime soon. No more Milk duds. Geeze what and addiction.😒
I am off chocolate for now🤫🤫
Ok everybody Brisk out for the night. Take care and hang loose....

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm 

Agree...... OH DO I love 'my' music~~ "...believe that's what you are remembering back to, also never listened to a lot of Folksy music, always loved to dance, never missing any, from any grade to high school and still have my favorites.

Dad invited my sister and me to one of the company's dinners with live music. ' Dad ' thought I was teaching him.

I never saw my 'daddy' dance with anyone else, but with mom, yes........... !

Music hall / dinner club:

There I met a very interesting man ( I am yes married), and he had seen me dancing. I later found out from a group of his friends that he was from Manhattan, ( knew he wasn't from the farther south territory- another state) he had won some trophies in dancing for sporting some darn fast music.

He asked, I said yes....all the way through [Shout] and had breath to try one more.

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Loved Tull!  So much.  Saw them in concert about 4 or 5 times.  Then the music started to get a little too folksy (from Heavy Horses on?), but I love the old stuff, still.

Heart      Heart     Heart     Heart

Music for me is medicine, and I LOVE it. My mother was a fantastic dancer, dad, not so much. 

Going way back I can still remember the first boy I was dancing slow with, and the indefinable feeling I had - so new, OH so exciting.

That was in our school gymnasium Smiley Happy about 15, if that.  He was from another school whom was invited by one of our classmates where I attended. 

I remember the soft red lipstick I wore and the big hair.

*Definitely another time* in a world that I thought would last forever as wonderful. If anyone had not experienced the age of innocence, I could never explain `that` -ever- to someone young living in a today's society.

It will never be.   Period.