Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- March 2021 Edition

Roger Daltrey | Springer spaniel puppies, Roger daltrey, Spaniel puppies

Roger Daltrey turned 77 today.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

And he still looks good. Nice hair, too. 

Esteemed Contributor

The BEE HIVE is apparently live and well where you live, @just bee . 

I find something so beautiful, almost extinct here absolutely fascinating. At one time our large back yard was exhilarating just to watch.  Hundreds of bees throughout the day.

As time passed slowly with the many weird lawn lovers for a perfect using those malicious services, all either died -or- found friendlier areas, even though we live among the park and small like forest surroundings. 

We have within our smaller farming areas 40 miles from us a Bee Farm (well protected) that has made to order raw honey.

Sometimes the wait is longer than what we would want, but still, we know it's there.

That was what intrigued me to 'BEE' here. 

~~ Hope to  hear from many friends this week as I have for 9+ years, again. many have left, or gone for different reasons~~ I am usually on less than before, and it's usually later. I always try to catch up

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@just bee wrote:

And he still looks good. Nice hair, too. 

@Lucky Charm 

Roger Daltrey Music | Tunefind

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@NAES1 wrote:

The BEE HIVE is apparently live and well where you live, @just bee . 

I find something so beautiful, almost extinct here absolutely fascinating. At one time our large back yard was exhilarating just to watch.  Hundreds of bees throughout the day.

As time passed slowly with the many weird lawn lovers for a perfect using those malicious services, all either died -or- found friendlier areas, even though we live among the park and small like forest surroundings. 

We have within our smaller farming areas 40 miles from us a Bee Farm (well protected) that has made to order raw honey.

Sometimes the wait is longer than what we would want, but still, we know it's there.

That was what intrigued me to 'BEE' here. 

~~ Hope to  hear from many friends this week as I have for 9+ years, again. many have left, or gone for different reasons~~ I am usually on less than before, and it's usually later. I always try to catch up

@NAES1 

This bee 'influencer' is using Instagram to buzz about bee conservation -  CNN

Our house burned in 2019 and we lost most of our established landscaping when the house was rebuilt.

Had trees, shrubs and flowers that attracted bees, butterflies and hummingbirds for 25 years.  Now we're starting from scratch.  Hoping all the new plants bring the bees back to our yard.

Like the bees, a lot of those who once posted here have moved on.  There are a few I really miss. 

Glad you're here. Heart

Respected Contributor

I always have plenty of bees in my front yard. I have two butterfly bushes off of my front patio too. So we have hummingbirds too.
Hoping to see Spencer the Gardner snake come back to keep the bugs away. Spencer, is a she, as she had offspring. So now we call her lady Spencer...I do like gardner snakes....not rattlers.🙂
Another pretty day here...

If any of you have special numbers to share with me I could use them for picking my lottery no#. Throw them out there and I will catch them...
Brisk busy today... have a good day and hang loose..🙂
Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
I always have plenty of bees in my front yard. I have two butterfly bushes off of my front patio too. So we have hummingbirds too.
Hoping to see Spencer the Gardner snake come back to keep the bugs away. Spencer, is a she, as she had offspring. So now we call her lady Spencer...I do like gardner snakes....not rattlers.🙂
Another pretty day here...

If any of you have special numbers to share with me I could use them for picking my lottery no#. Throw them out there and I will catch them...
Brisk busy today... have a good day and hang loose..🙂

@Brisky 

Lady Spencer!  Now that's cute.

We have some new butterfly bushes and I'm seeing some green on them.  Can't wait to see the "red" one they planted.

Miss Molly' - Butterfly Bush - Buddleia x | Proven Winners

Do you ever look at the clock and see the same time over and over again?  For years I've been seeing 11:14.

You can use 11 and 14 if you like. Heart

Honored Contributor

@KaySD 

I caved and bought some more tea.  I need something without caffeine that I can drink on the first day of my workweek because I need to at least try to nap before work.  But I still want tea in the morning when I wake up.

Been drinking African Autumn but I'm getting low so I thought I'd try a couple new flavors.

Always a risk.  I used to order a lot of different teas -- whatever sounded interesting -- but they didn't always taste as great as they sounded.

And, after mentioning Tropical Green yesterday, I remembered how much I liked that pineapple scent.

Honored Contributor

"...“The Cat in the Hat,”... will continue to be published for now...."  (AP)

Gee, that's comforting.  

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

"...“The Cat in the Hat,”... will continue to be published for now...."  (AP)

Gee, that's comforting.  

@geezerette 

And six books won't be.  Six.  For now.

I thank God every day for two things:

1. That I decided not to teach high school English and Theatre after I graduated with my teaching credential.

2. That I decided not to have children when I was in kindergarten.

Don't have to burn books anymore.  You just don't have to publish them.