Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- March 2021 Edition

@NAES1 wrote:

Whistling, yes, we have someone.

My husband whistles out the tune as I am trying for 'when' remembering, i.e, a jazz sound if I have forgotten. He was for many years a professional musician.  I had mentioned that about 3-4 years ago.

He studied under, not with group... a well known musician, and I believe that Sweetbay is the only one whom I told that to. 

I thought by naming would not be considerate; he may not have wanted to be in mention on here.

Opposites do attract: I have no ability to whistle, read music, nor play any instrument or read music.

Sax:

Alto and Soprano. Flute and piano. 

Trivia from the past.

Believe most musicians possibly could, or do when composing music. @just bee 

@NAES1 

Same here.  I sang in our high school choir but I think they just needed a warm body.  Tried guitar and piano.  Can't sing, can't play an instrument.

How lucky we are that your husband can.  And jazz, too?  The older I get the more I like jazz.

EL GATO GOMEZ PAINTING RETRO 1950S JAZZ CAT MID CENTURY MODERN BEATNIK  BONGO MOD | Jazz cat, Cat art, Cat artwork

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@4kitties wrote:

Good Morning to all fellow bees!

The sun is shining brightly and almost every trace of snow is melted and gone.  We are to have nice enough temps this week and I can walk outside again!  👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

I have a large greenhouse type window over my kitchen sink and early this morning I saw an eagle flying over toward the river!  Made my day!

Not too much planned for today.  I have a grocery run this morning and then will be doing some cooking.  I have really restricted what I eat to try to help my acid reflux issue and maintain my weight.  What I eat is not necessarily what Mr 4kitties wants to eat so I make some stuff for me and have it in the fridge as planned leftovers.  

Hope everyone reading here will have a great day!

@4kitties 

That's the one feature I want in a kitchen: A window over the sink.  We have one, but it's useless.  No view.  Wrong side of the house.

I miss doing dishes and having something interesting to look at.  And it sounds like you definitely have something interesting outside your window.

We see eagles here and they always take my breath away.  I think it's a sign.

I bet your river is better than our river.  Right now we don't have a whole lot of water in the Rio Grande.

Watermelon Mountain Design Works - Custom Home Design, Architecture

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@just bee Pictures are so nice! What are we allowed to discuss here? I have something kinda dumb that I'm glad about but it might sound really stupid!

@Love my grandkids 

You can refer to The Bee Hive seasonal threads to get some idea of what has been discussed.  We've covered just about everything.

Discuss away! Heart

@Love my grandkids 

What did you have on your mind?  It can't be that dumb.  And even if it is, it can't be any dumber than some of the stuff we've discussed on our previous threads. Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@4kitties 

Instagram's first BEE influencer is fighting the insect's decline | Daily  Mail Online

Are we going to be able to get out and play in the dirt soon?

I keep checking the big box stores' garden sections.  As soon as I start seeing plants outside, I'm going for it.

I have planters to fill!

Honored Contributor

Fundraising Insect Influencers : bee influencer

Just a reminder...

After months of cold weather, lockdown and a steady diet of comfort food, it's time to start thinking about changes in our diets.

Time to reintroduce ourselves to the produce section.

I haven't been eating as many apples lately but I sure like the Halos this year. Heart

What have you been eating?  What are you looking forward to seeing in the grocery store?

Honored Contributor

Pin on Cute

@4kitties  says she's cooking a little differently lately.

Anyone else looking at changing up the menu?

As for me, I'm in need of something green.  I can't remember the last time I had a salad.  Had lots of vegetables in yesterday's mostaccioli, but I really need the crunch of a fresh salad.

Loaded Power Salad - What's Gaby Cooking

Respected Contributor

Hmm, I have stocked up on vitamin supplements because of my milk dud addiction. 🙂 I do hope that counts.
When it comes to stupid things... ask away, I am sure if they can put up with me,well, the door is very wide open....🤐🤣🤣🤣

Beautiful day here. Blue skies and have been doing some clean up from the lazy weekend, I spent...
I will spend this day outside with the dogs. I am the groomer and it's about to get very hairy!
Take care everybody and try to hang loose....
Brisk out.....
Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
Hmm, I have stocked up on vitamin supplements because of my milk dud addiction. 🙂 I do hope that counts.
When it comes to stupid things... ask away, I am sure if they can put up with me,well, the door is very wide open....🤐🤣🤣🤣

Beautiful day here. Blue skies and have been doing some clean up from the lazy weekend, I spent...
I will spend this day outside with the dogs. I am the groomer and it's about to get very hairy!
Take care everybody and try to hang loose....
Brisk out.....

@Brisky 

You're killin' me! Woman LOL

Blue skies here, too, but it's windy.  And cold!  We seem to have these alternating warm and cold days and I wear a jacket on the warm days and a light sweatshirt on the cold days.

I froze on our morning walk.  So much for salad.  I think we're making lasagne tonight. Woman Embarassed

Honored Contributor

Another reminder!

Meet The World's First Bee Influencer On Social Media

Since it's the beginning of a new month, is there anything you need to replace today?  Toothbrush?  Mascara?  Brita filter?

Honored Contributor

Looks like I need the reminder. Woman Embarassed

I keep track of when I use up and replace certain items like mascara, toothpaste, moisturizer, shampoo, conditioner, CC cream...

I date some items with a Sharpie.  I write down these "openings" on a pocket calendar.

Somehow I spaced out changing my mascara in February.  Luckily, I have a new tube that has 2/21 written on it.  I replace my mascara religiously every three months.  Like clockwork.  Been doing it for years.

Apparently I've used this current tube for four months and I haven't died.

@Love my grandkids  See?  I told you we discuss "dumb" stuff here!