Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- March 2021 Edition

Okay, so it hasn't been scientifically proven that whistling will stop the bees from stinging you.

I love when I see bees, of course, but it's when I can't see one, you know it's still there buzzing around, just out of sight--that I get that scared-y cat feeling.

I can whistle (even the loud shrill whistle with my fingers), but my dad can whistle like a song bird.  Any song---beautifully.  Most you wouldn't even know the songs, I think he makes up songs.  A few days ago he was whistling the sax solo of Jungleland (Springsteen) and it was so beautiful.

Honored Contributor

@NAES1   I don't think I've ever pan fried fish before.  I'd lose half of it to the pan.  My husband isn't wild about salmon and I have to admit I cook a very unhealthy version for him, but have only done it twice.  Maybe 3 times.  I would wrap it in tinfoil (big no no--I know!) with a big dollup of Thousand Island dressing on top and bake for whoknowshow long.  Only way he'd eat it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@NAES1   I don't think I've ever pan fried fish before.  I'd lose half of it to the pan.  My husband isn't wild about salmon and I have to admit I cook a very unhealthy version for him, but have only done it twice.  Maybe 3 times.  I would wrap it in tinfoil (big no no--I know!) with a big dollup of Thousand Island dressing on top and bake for whoknowshow long.  Only way he'd eat it.

@Lucky Charm , 

Woman Surprised absolutely had no idea how 'this' was going to turn out.

I used a tsp, of olive oil in a non stick skillet.

> Said to fry on high for 3 minutes,

then turn over for 5 minutes, but the spatter of oil was everywhere.Grabbed a lid !!

So,,,,,,,,,,, turned the heat to low and did the a -15 extra. I'm trying your bake idea...less smell & hopefully no greasy clean up.

I do have some very fine lemon, lime butter I can coat this next time.  I find cooking from scratch time consuming and boring. Really thinking about the Meal Service that delivers.  I know zero about those. 

It's called I  l o v e  my  husband day, or I would have had  canned soup.  Never ID me as NAES in the kitchen.  I'll do the tin foil adventure if there's a soon to be next time.  Ahh, thank you for the suggestion. What a sweet HELP ME OUT friend.  

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Oh I'm a cheap date.  I can get a case of Frey Natural Red for $122.

Theyyyy sayyyy you're supposed to limit yourself to 5 oz a day.  Just read that this past week.  I did it for 3 nights and then I had too much( or too little?) left in the bottle tonight so I said *Oh hell---why not?*.

@Lucky Charm 

Ah, so you like California wine.  I limit myself to Italian and Sicilian reds.  I don't limit myself to five ounces.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@NAES1 wrote:

Hello ~ Woman Happy 

I enjoy new and creative ideas, ` just bee`.

Actually, I am moving slowly coming back on from last May, again once in November, then read all of my notifications one day this January. 

Your idea will be quite welcomed 'fun' by many, I am sure.

Today was something new for me..... I pan fried salmon for the first time.

Man Happy Cat Happy Haaaa, and no one dropped off, so far.

I'm not a chef by any means, but beamed when my husband said, 'the best I've ever eaten'.

Our very picky eater cat, Sashay ate almost one side; that's a badge of honor for me.

"....Oh, thank you so much for the photos / movie/ The Long Hot Summer".. !!

I hope that my wonderful friend, Pam sees this and joins in. One beautiful lady, and probably wonders where I have been. Hope to be here again, very soon.

Love the MOVIES with Heart ((@oznell)).

She's very dear to me. 

@just bee , 

@PamfromCT 

@NAES1 

Welcome back!  I'm a big fan of @Oznell , too. Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Okay, so it hasn't been scientifically proven that whistling will stop the bees from stinging you.

I love when I see bees, of course, but it's when I can't see one, you know it's still there buzzing around, just out of sight--that I get that scared-y cat feeling.

I can whistle (even the loud shrill whistle with my fingers), but my dad can whistle like a song bird.  Any song---beautifully.  Most you wouldn't even know the songs, I think he makes up songs.  A few days ago he was whistling the sax solo of Jungleland (Springsteen) and it was so beautiful.

@Lucky Charm 

My stepfather and sister were both very good whistlers.  I wonder if it's becoming a lost art.  I can't remember the last time I heard someone whistle. Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

Who is Virtual Bee Influencer "B"? — VirtualHumans.org

Signing off for the night -- see you in the morning.

New month, new thread.

Esteemed Contributor

Whistling, yes, we have someone.

My husband whistles out the tune as I am trying for 'when' remembering, i.e, a jazz sound if I have forgotten. He was for many years a professional musician.  I had mentioned that about 3-4 years ago.

He studied under, not with group... a well known musician, and I believe that Sweetbay is the only one whom I told that to. 

I thought by naming would not be considerate; he may not have wanted to be in mention on here.

Opposites do attract: I have no ability to whistle, read music, nor play any instrument or read music.

Sax:

Alto and Soprano. Flute and piano. 

Trivia from the past.

Believe most musicians possibly could, or do when composing music. @just bee 

Honored Contributor

Goodbye February - Hello March! | Hello march quotes, Hello march, Hello  march images

Respected Contributor

Good Morning to all fellow bees!

The sun is shining brightly and almost every trace of snow is melted and gone.  We are to have nice enough temps this week and I can walk outside again!  👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

I have a large greenhouse type window over my kitchen sink and early this morning I saw an eagle flying over toward the river!  Made my day!

Not too much planned for today.  I have a grocery run this morning and then will be doing some cooking.  I have really restricted what I eat to try to help my acid reflux issue and maintain my weight.  What I eat is not necessarily what Mr 4kitties wants to eat so I make some stuff for me and have it in the fridge as planned leftovers.  

Hope everyone reading here will have a great day!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward