Honored Contributor

The Bee Hive -- March 2021 Edition

Welcome to The Bee Hive!

Izzabella Beez Painted Hives on Etsy | Bee hives boxes, Painted bee hives,  Bee hive

We already have a Bird’s Nest and a Back Fence here, so we thought the addition of a beehive would be appropriate.  To maintain the current two-word format, we chose The Bee Hive.

It’s a place where all are invited to chat about almost anything.

Today we’ll change from a seasonal thread to a monthly thread.

Join us! 🐝

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- March 2021 Edition

@just bee wrote:

Welcome to The Bee Hive!

Izzabella Beez Painted Hives on Etsy | Bee hives boxes, Painted bee hives,  Bee hive

We already have a Bird’s Nest and a Back Fence here, so we thought the addition of a beehive would be appropriate.  To maintain the current two-word format, we chose The Bee Hive.

Join us! 🐝

I love that sign!  Is it true to whistle?  Will that send a bee on it's way?

Honored Contributor

Hey, all you HEPcats and HEPdogs! We had discussed making the Healthy Eating thread a monthly jam session, so I just went ahead and did a little improvisation.

This is an invite to our crazy crib where you can come and break it down! I say we go 18 karat on this and really swing. If healthy eating’s not your bag, no problem. But if it is, I dig.

It’s cool, I’m booted, let’s jump!

dog GIF

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Welcome to The Bee Hive!

Join us! 🐝

I love that sign!  Is it true to whistle?  Will that send a bee on it's way?

@Lucky Charm 

What's painted on that hive was inspired, I assume, by this:

“She reminded me that the world was really one bee yard, and the same rules work fine in both places. Don't be afraid, as no life-loving bee wants to sting you. Still, don't be an idiot; wear long sleeves and pants. Don't swat. Don't even think about swatting. If you feel angry, whistle. Anger agitates while whistling melts a bee's temper. Act like you know what you're doing, even if you don't. Above all, send the bees love. Every little thing wants to be loved.”

— Sue Monk Kidd, "The Secret Life of Bees," 2003

I've never tried whistling at a bee.  But then I'm a terrible whistler. Woman Embarassed

Honored Contributor

Okay, I'm sitting here with a tad bit more than my 5 oz of red wine.  I had a handful of roasted (in shell) peanuts.  It's like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich without the bread.  Healthy?

Honored Contributor

@just bee Pictures are so nice! What are we allowed to discuss here? I have something kinda dumb that I'm glad about but it might sound really stupid!

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Okay, I'm sitting here with a tad bit more than my 5 oz of red wine.  I had a handful of roasted (in shell) peanuts.  It's like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich without the bread.  Healthy?

@Lucky Charm 

First, who limits herself to five ounces?

Second, what kind of red wine?  Dry?  Domestic?  Italian?

As someone who still consumes peanut butter, I say that this -- red wine and peanuts -- is a healthy snack.

Mainly because I was having a glass of Montepulciano d'Abruzzo with cashews earlier. Woman Embarassed

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@just bee Pictures are so nice! What are we allowed to discuss here? I have something kinda dumb that I'm glad about but it might sound really stupid!

@Love my grandkids 

You can refer to The Bee Hive seasonal threads to get some idea of what has been discussed.  We've covered just about everything.

Discuss away! Heart

Honored Contributor

Oh I'm a cheap date.  I can get a case of Frey Natural Red for $122.

Theyyyy sayyyy you're supposed to limit yourself to 5 oz a day.  Just read that this past week.  I did it for 3 nights and then I had too much( or too little?) left in the bottle tonight so I said *Oh hell---why not?*.

Esteemed Contributor

Hello ~ Woman Happy 

I enjoy new and creative ideas, ` just bee`.

Actually, I am moving slowly coming back on from last May, again once in November, then read all of my notifications one day this January. 

Your idea will be quite welcomed 'fun' by many, I am sure.

Today was something new for me..... I pan fried salmon for the first time.

Man Happy Cat Happy Haaaa, and no one dropped off, so far.

I'm not a chef by any means, but beamed when my husband said, 'the best I've ever eaten'.

Our very picky eater cat, Sashay ate almost one side; that's a badge of honor for me.

"....Oh, thank you so much for the photos / movie/ The Long Hot Summer".. !!

I hope that my wonderful friend, Pam sees this and joins in. One beautiful lady, and probably wonders where I have been. Hope to be here again, very soon.

Love the MOVIES with Heart ((@oznell)).

She's very dear to me. 

@just bee , 

@PamfromCT