Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- June 2023 Edition

hey all

am finally in june thread

Honored Contributor

@viva923

I saw your other post. So glad to hear you’ve been released from the foot doctor! 🎉
Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

hey all

@viva923 

The gang's all here! 👍

Respected Contributor

I was looking back at myself since the first of the year frustrated that I haven’t really lost much in the way of weight but the fact that I’ve maintained a 65 pound weight loss, I consider a win. I’m still sitting wanting to lose another 25. It’s easier to focus on losing in hotter weather.

@bikerbabe, I agree with others, 65lb is really admirable. It is hard enough to take it off and even harder to keep it off. I have had my ups and downs but just recently, my old habits came back with a vengeance. I definitely thought I was going to gain it all back but I have managed to at least keep it even, give or take 2 or so lbs. 

While I dont fit into all of my clothes just yet, I definitely can wear more pants now without feeling like a stuffed sausage, and that is a great feeling. I really dont want to go back up but I will say, when the vengeance hits, it hits hard.  The wonderful part is, this is the most I have lost in years - year!   

I am down 19lbs so far, I have 16 more to go.  I am trying to focus on 5 lb goals.  

I am also trying to add a bit of exercise. Not going so well because of time constraints but I am trying.

@AuntG, you can do it too. I have not given anything up or changed my diet in any way.  Diets are not something I have ever been able to do.  I simply just reduced the amount I was consuming a day, and allowing myself to have bad days and/or weeks.

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@bikerbabe 

Enjoy! Woman LOL

I came home from work and did something I usually don't do.  SLEPT!

Didn't even have something to eat.  Checked The Hive and thought: "I think I'll just get on the couch for a couple minutes..."

Gone.

Time to get ready to do it all over again.

@just bee sometimes those kind of "sleeps" are the best when you dont even know you fell asleep.  Sometimes I wake up not realizing what time or day it is. 

Respected Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

IMG_2120.jpeg

@geezerette enlightening!!  However, why does it take a lifetime to figure that out. 

Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

hey all

@viva923 

Support for AWS Application Load Balancer in the Honeycomb AWS Bundle |  Honeycomb

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

I was looking back at myself since the first of the year frustrated that I haven’t really lost much in the way of weight but the fact that I’ve maintained a 65 pound weight loss, I consider a win. I’m still sitting wanting to lose another 25. It’s easier to focus on losing in hotter weather.

@bikerbabe, I agree with others, 65lb is really admirable. It is hard enough to take it off and even harder to keep it off. I have had my ups and downs but just recently, my old habits came back with a vengeance. I definitely thought I was going to gain it all back but I have managed to at least keep it even, give or take 2 or so lbs. 

While I dont fit into all of my clothes just yet, I definitely can wear more pants now without feeling like a stuffed sausage, and that is a great feeling. I really dont want to go back up but I will say, when the vengeance hits, it hits hard.  The wonderful part is, this is the most I have lost in years - year!   

I am down 19lbs so far, I have 16 more to go.  I am trying to focus on 5 lb goals.  

I am also trying to add a bit of exercise. Not going so well because of time constraints but I am trying.

@AuntG, you can do it too. I have not given anything up or changed my diet in any way.  Diets are not something I have ever been able to do.  I simply just reduced the amount I was consuming a day, and allowing myself to have bad days and/or weeks.

@aprilskies 

@AuntG 

That's it in a nutshell.  The reduction of calories.  You can take in fewer calories or burn more of them.

But forcing yourself to give up favorite foods isn't always the best way to do it.  There are a few things I've eliminated or I've found substitutes that I actually prefer.

Smaller portions are helpful.  They allow room for the special treats.

I can't remember anyone saying, "I've lost ten pounds and I feel just awful!"

Shedding a few usually feels pretty good. Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Anne Taintor Magnet Hmmm…I Know I Walked Into This Room For A Reason |  Happy Clam Gifts

Honored Contributor

Internet - Anne Taintor Magnet – GYFTZ