Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- June 2023 Edition

@geezerette wrote:

Hot and dry here.  Mid 90s.  After too much rain for the first four months of the year, it's now abnormally dry according to the weather service.  Chance of afternoon pop up showers the next couple of days and then a dry front coming through bringing dew points down to what they normally are in winter.

Farmers and cattle owners are already having a rough time, but that low humidity will be disastrous if it stays for any length of time.  

@geezerette 

I don't know how farmers and ranchers manage these days.

Do the dry spells help with your migraines at least?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

Hot and dry here.  Mid 90s.  After too much rain for the first four months of the year, it's now abnormally dry according to the weather service.  Chance of afternoon pop up showers the next couple of days and then a dry front coming through bringing dew points down to what they normally are in winter.

Farmers and cattle owners are already having a rough time, but that low humidity will be disastrous if it stays for any length of time.  

@geezerette 

I don't know how farmers and ranchers manage these days.

Do the dry spells help with your migraines at least?

@just bee 

Yes, they do.  But not until they actually arrive.  The migraines come beforehand when different weather patterns are colliding.  Changes in barometric pressure. 

A lot of small farmers and ranchers here are folding up.  If they have a job in town, which most have to have nowadays, they're drastically reducing their herds.  The larger row crop farmers in the Delta just kind of go with the flow.  

It's a lifestyle, not an occupation to get rich, that's for sure.  And they're tough people used to a lot of tragedy and disappointment.

Honored Contributor

My family comes from generations of sheep ranchers and farmers depending on which side of the family. Always at the mercy of the weather. Drought or floods.
Honored Contributor

IMG_6721.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:

IMG_6721.jpeg

@bikerbabe 

Oh, that's a good one. Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
My family comes from generations of sheep ranchers and farmers depending on which side of the family. Always at the mercy of the weather. Drought or floods.

@bikerbabe 

I think WGD's family had some history with sheep, too.

The Kelpie (Photo via AWDRI) | Images cachées

Honored Contributor

Fairy Riding Bumble Bee Premium Poster at Art.com | Bumble bee art, Bee art, Sale artwork

Honored Contributor

90 Happy Tuesday ideas | happy tuesday, cute animals, animals

Honored Contributor

Cute bee comic by tuesday alissia | Cute comics, Funny comics, Funny

Honored Contributor

Remembering D-Day: June 6, 1944 - James Pack