Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- June 2023 Edition

Talk about cleaning closets and purging!  

Honestly, I purged too much of some nicer clothes and I'm kicking myself.

We just got back from a really nice dinner/dance party at the yacht club.  We've known about this for months.  Yet, we don't start getting ready till about an hour and a half before.  

Not good planning!

I'm looking for a silver blouse--or a black flowered blouse, my husband is looking for his casual shoes. 

I'm inside a closet that's inside a closet, bent over, blindly hurling boxes of Christmas decorations at my husband behind me.  

The whole upstairs hall is tore up with boxes, bags, shoe boxes and a black crow (that's freaking the cats out--Halloween decoration.

I'll have to get to it tomorrow.  I'm starved and eating now (big No No--it's late--too bad!)

My point is.  I got rid of things that I shouldn't have.

Honored Contributor

Something goes untouched or forgotten for potentially years.

I’m tired of looking at stuff I don’t use.

I finally get rid of it.

I decide I now want it. 🙄🤨
Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

That last picture made me think of the Joan Rivers bee pins. Some were just beautiful. I wonder if people still wear them. Mine just sit in my jewelry armoire (also purchased from QVC). There aren't many dressy occasions we attend. Our next party is for a high school graduation in a park.

@AuntG 

You may be shocked to hear this, but I, too, have bee pins in an armoire.

What's even more shocking is that I didn't collect more of them.  There are still JR bee pieces that I think about but never purchased.  Probably a good thing because I wouldn't be wearing those, either.

I've collected a lot of bee pins and bee jewelry over the years but stopped early because I knew there would always be more to collect.

As it is, I have too much jewelry in general, some pieces never worn, that I have to start thinking about getting rid of.

Don't know where to start.

But a party in a park sounds like the perfect opportunity to wear a bee pin. Woman Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
Something goes untouched or forgotten for potentially years.

I’m tired of looking at stuff I don’t use.

I finally get rid of it.

I decide I now want it. 🙄🤨

@bikerbabe 

I kept some things after the fire and I still haven't unpacked the boxes.  Now I can't remember what I kept.

Sounds like I better take a look.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Good morning @just bee !

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Talk about cleaning closets and purging!  

Honestly, I purged too much of some nicer clothes and I'm kicking myself.

We just got back from a really nice dinner/dance party at the yacht club.  We've known about this for months.  Yet, we don't start getting ready till about an hour and a half before.  

Not good planning!

I'm looking for a silver blouse--or a black flowered blouse, my husband is looking for his casual shoes. 

I'm inside a closet that's inside a closet, bent over, blindly hurling boxes of Christmas decorations at my husband behind me.  

The whole upstairs hall is tore up with boxes, bags, shoe boxes and a black crow (that's freaking the cats out--Halloween decoration.

I'll have to get to it tomorrow.  I'm starved and eating now (big No No--it's late--too bad!)

My point is.  I got rid of things that I shouldn't have.

@Lucky Charm 

Reminds me of all the black crows I lost after the fire.  All my Halloween decorations.  I dressed up as a scary scarecrow and sat in a chair outside the house.  Had crows all over me.  Didn't move until the kids got really close...

I kept a lot of my dressy clothes and haven't worn one single item.  But I hate to part with them because the quality of the clothing is so much better than what I see in stores today.

I'll hang onto them and donate when the time comes.

Now that I've lost so much weight, I might wear a couple of those long dresses.  If we ever go anywhere.

Honored Contributor

Happy Monday Pictures, Photos, and Images for Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, and Twitter

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Good morning @just bee !

@Lucky Charm 

Mornin'!

I like the idea of wearing a big pin on a jacket.

That's another thing I've collected.  Pins.  Lots of them.  And some are really cool.

Ah, back in the day when I accessorized...

Honored Contributor

@just bee   That's hysterical---a scary scare crow!  We used to rake up a big pile of leaves and fill up a pair of husband's old jeans, an old plaid flannel and worn out work boots and use a pumpkin for a head and sit that on the porch.  It would be there from mid Oct til right before Thanksgiving.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@just bee   That's hysterical---a scary scare crow!  We used to rake up a big pile of leaves and fill up a pair of husband's old jeans, an old plaid flannel and worn out work boots and use a pumpkin for a head and sit that on the porch.  It would be there from mid Oct til right before Thanksgiving.

@Lucky Charm 

I like that idea!  Very clever...