Trusted Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- June 2023 Edition

Dagnabbit!  I forgot to say "Rabbit, Rabbit"!  

Honored Contributor

@River Song wrote:

Dagnabbit!  I forgot to say "Rabbit, Rabbit"!  

@River Song 

I realized the same thing at about twenty minutes after midnight.

Rabbit communication: rabbits don't hold back, so listen up! - | Your #1 Source for Timothy Hay

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

I guess I could get some extra exercise by cleaning the house once in a while.

The cat was just jumping in the air playing with a floating clump of cat hair...🫣🤫

@geezerette 

WGD is blowing his coat and it looks like the floor is moving.

We refer to them as "fluffaloes."

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

It took me until now to realize this thread is supposed to be about healthy lifestyles. One thing I eat (as a result of learning about it on the QVC forums) is Manuka honey. When cold & flu season starts, I stir it in my cup of hot tea.  A few years ago, some posters talked about oil pulling (or some such wording). You'd take olive oil or coconut oil and slosh it around your mouth for 15-20 minutes to promote good teeth and gum health. I tried it, but my mouth muscles couldn't handle it; I got up to seven minutes and quit. It probably had its merits. Well, that's all I can offer about healthy  living. I could talk endlessly about comfort foods that aren't so healthy.

@AuntG 

Oil pulling and oil cleansing.  We've done it all here.  Briefly and without conviction. Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
@AuntG

I’m not sure we stick very closely to the supposed purpose of this thread. 🤣 Frozen dinners. Little Debbie honey buns.

I made a berry crumble tonight. 😜

@bikerbabe 

Was there ice cream involved?

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@AuntG 

Actually, now this thread is only supposed to be about whatever we want to talk about--within the parameters that the mods let us.🤭

Originally! @just bee started it as a beauty Compacting thread at a time when many of us were finding we had amassed way too many beauty products.  Then it sort of morphed into the idea of compacting our lives in general, over and above just beauty products.  

Then, we started talking about our lifestyles and discovered many of us thought it would be a good idea to get healthier, and so the Healthy Eating aspect took hold, which still is a big part of what we post about.

But as @bikerbabe said, we talk about anything and everything, often irreverently and sarcastically.  So, fair warning. 😉🙂

@geezerette 

@AuntG 

That about sums it up. Woman LOL

And we do "talk" about a variety of things.  And everyone is invited to join in. Heart

Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
Good morning!

It’s the first. Almost halfway through the year. 😱 My mom used to say that as she got older, the passage of time was like slipping down the hill on a banana peel, and it just picked up steam.

Berry crumble was blueberry, strawberry, blackberry. I am always obsessed with berries, and I eat them every day in my oatmeal with walnuts and cinnamon, no sweetener.

I was looking back at myself since the first of the year frustrated that I haven’t really lost much in the way of weight but the fact that I’ve maintained a 65 pound weight loss, I consider a win. I’m still sitting wanting to lose another 25. It’s easier to focus on losing in hotter weather.

I keep saying I need to go through my closet again. Hoping for o actually do it by this weekend. I think I need to buy a few things again. I am still wearing stuff that is too big. 🥸

@bikerbabe 

Definitely.

It's an admirable goal and I'm convinced you'll do it.  Why?  Because you know you'll feel better and you know you can do it.

Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

IMG_1429.jpeg

@4kitties 

This one has remained in my top ten favorites. Heart

I'm reminded of it every day when I see people and their dogs together.  They're rambling on and on and their dogs are just looking at them.

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

Well, I did buy a bottle of the Synergy Gingerade that @just bee has mentioned here.  I found four flavors of Synergy at Aldi.  I had not ever seen them at Aldi before, they are either new or I had just missed them in the past.  I am scared to taste it however.  I had a little sample cup of kombucha at Costco a few weeks ago, and it tasted a bit strange.  But I know it is healthy so........

I very foolishly bought the ginormous jar of Jelly Belly jelly beans at Costco around Easter time.🤦‍♀️ 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️.   I do have a palm full of them every so often.  Should last me several years or so.  I did resist the ginormous bags of my addiction, Skinny Pop.  That stuff is evil.  A seemingly healthy snack, labeled as skinny, but with just as much fat as potato chips.😈😈😈😈😈

Healthy eating.  I sometimes wonder if it is even possible in these times.  I do try to avoid the ultra processed foods and eat more veggies and fruits, some organic, if it is possible to find them.  We rarely eat out as restaurant food is loaded with sodium and fat.  But I think I probably fall short of healthy many times.

I have managed to maintain the weight I lost about 7 years or so ago.  I do walk, briskly, for about an hour every day I can get outside.  When it is too hot or too cold, I walk inside for about 30 minutes.  But I do not do weight training.  Just cannot get into it and my doctor recommended it.

@4kitties 

It's very gingery!  But if you ever feel a little queasy, ginger really helps settle things down.

Lemme know what you think of it.

Honored Contributor

No diet or cooking tonight!

Turkey sandwiches on cracked wheat sourdough. Potato chips.
NBA finals!
I’m more excited than DH. He will watch of course, but he’s pretty much all football all the time. I’m totally football first, but I love all kinds of sports. Basketball is second to football.

Bear is a fluffaloe kitty. 🥸

No ice cream last night but I bought some for tonight. 🤣

I never did the oil pulling. Not convinced it does anything plus is sounds gross. Like bullet coffee. Who wants butter or coconut oil in their coffee. 🤢 Can you tell I couldn’t do keto. High fat, blech.

👋