Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- June 2022 Edition

What I want to know is where were all these shirtless photos of the men mentioned in the other thread when I was young?  

I know that was back in the Dark Ages before internet and Google search, but some of these guys have been dead for decades and I'm finding all these half nude photos of them.

I'm not complaining, mind you...just curious.🔥🥰🤷‍♀️😂

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Did I miss all the D-Day threads?

@just bee 

I saw one reference.

I'll just leave it there.  No sense beating a dead horse.

What I have noticed lately is how fortunate we all are to be consistently b*tching about all the stupid little things that get posted around here.  And I don't mean casual observations or light chitchat.  

It's great insight into why we are where we are in this country right now.

I'm done.🤐

@geezerette 

I just got home from... voting! Woman LOL

No one in line.

The good news is that when we left, a line was forming.

Oh, and we parked next to a truck with Arkansas plates.

@just bee 

And they're probably voting in your New Mexico election.

Maybe that explains why we have one of the lowest voter turnouts in the country.

@geezerette 

I'll be interested to see the final numbers here.

Freaky.  Not a mention of the election at work.  People have to know because there are signs and my mailbox has been stuffed for weeks.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

What I want to know is where were all these shirtless photos of the men mentioned in the other thread when I was young?  

I know that was back in the Dark Ages before internet and Google search, but some of these guys have been dead for decades and I'm finding all these half nude photos of them.

@geezerette 

Amazing how many photos there were of Robert Conrad without shirt or pants.

Hey, someone had to do the research.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@geezerette 

Amazing how many photos there were of Robert Conrad without shirt or pants.

Hey, someone had to do the research.

@just bee 

CEFC6629-EC5A-4F1A-A324-31326093FA7B.gif

Honored Contributor

Getting toasty here so we've decided to stop baking cookies and switch over to gelato.

That means putting the dog in the car and driving across town to what we call "Prairie Dog Park" near the gelato shop and then picking up a few pints.

The park did not disappoint.  Huge number of critters today.  WGD was thrilled.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Getting toasty here so we've decided to stop baking cookies and switch over to gelato.

That means putting the dog in the car and driving across town to what we call "Prairie Dog Park" near the gelato shop and then picking up a few pints.

@just bee 

Last week a friend sent me photos of prairie dogs in Wyoming.  They had just stopped in a rest area and there were dens all over.  Her dogs are almost as small as the prairie dogs and were headed down the holes after the little guys.🤦‍♀️

Carla would love them.  

Gelato sounds delicious.  It's supposed to get near 100 here next week.  I hope it burns off some of this humidity and rain or it's going to be unbearable.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@just bee 

Last week a friend sent me photos of prairie dogs in Wyoming.  They had just stopped in a rest area and there were dens all over.  Her dogs are almost as small as the prairie dogs and were headed down the holes after the little guys.🤦‍♀️

Carla would love them.  

Gelato sounds delicious.  It's supposed to get near 100 here next week.  I hope it burns off some of this humidity and rain or it's going to be unbearable.

@geezerette 

This park is near an open lot and the prairie dogs inhabit both areas.  My only concern is the holes/tunnels that are not only a hazard but a danger to the trees in the park.

But then the beavers are doing a real job on the trees in the bosque.

And our neighbor has had a crew at the house all day taking out an enormous tree in the backyard.

There's a theme here...

We actually haven't had any gelato in months.  Haven't been to the shop or at the park since last year and the number of prairie dogs is astounding.  And boy are they vocal.

No rain here...

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@just bee 

Carla would love them.  

@geezerette 

This park is near an open lot and the prairie dogs inhabit both areas.  My only concern is the holes/tunnels that are not only a hazard but a danger to the trees in the park.

And our neighbor has had a crew at the house all day taking out an enormous tree in the backyard.

There's a theme here...

We actually haven't had any gelato in months.  Haven't been to the shop or at the park since last year and the number of prairie dogs is astounding.  And boy are they vocal.

No rain here...

@just bee 

Maybe that's why the trees are coming down.

I'm surprised your beavers haven't packed up and moved to the Pacific Northwest.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@just bee 

Carla would love them.  

@geezerette 

There's a theme here...

No rain here...

@just bee 

Maybe that's why the trees are coming down.

I'm surprised your beavers haven't packed up and moved to the Pacific Northwest.

@geezerette 

They have plenty to chomp on in the bosque.  As long as the trees aren't on fire...

Respected Contributor

Brisk back in the hive....
Taking a break from more yard work! We are hot and sweaty here and very windy. No rain drops probably for another year. We could use some water here. Definitely felt the rays today!

My fingernails are green and dirty brown🤨 I wear gloves
but it doesn't seem to help.

Prairie dogs are all over vacant lots here. I remember trying to catch them when I was a kid. Thank God they are faster then I was. I would have been sorry if I caught
one!

Haven't been keeping up with news so I'm just feeling better about all the bad things going on......Avoidance actually works!

I am wondering about Ukraine though. So I will watch some news later. Just think we could have done more🤐
That's about all I will say. Guess I'm not the leader of the not as free world as I would like to be.🤨
Remind me who is in charge? Right, don't answer that one.

Hang loose everybody or try too....
Brisk out and dirty again.....