Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- June 2022 Edition

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Ever wonder how you spend your time?

I feel like I'm the only person who didn't watch the Trial of the Century.  And now I'm not watching the Platinum Pomp.

How are you spending your days lately?

The World's First Bee Influencer Is Trying To Raise Funds To Save Her Species | Same Something Wow

@just bee 

I haven't either.  In fact, I don't even know to whom or what your second example refers.

I continue to watch reruns.  And I've been catching up on some of my recorded shows that ended weeks ago while I was engrossed in reruns.

@geezerette 

Some Anglophile you are!

The Platinum Jubilee celebration for the Queen.  A four-day holiday in the U.K.  Today's the final day.

I found out it was happening because Harney & Sons sent me an email about the commemorative tea.  Turns out Elizabeth and I both like bergamot and lavender in our cup...

@just bee 

I confess that I am not.

@geezerette 

I confess I watched a couple minutes this morning and it was... strange.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Ever wonder how you spend your time?

I feel like I'm the only person who didn't watch the Trial of the Century.  And now I'm not watching the Platinum Pomp.

How are you spending your days lately?

The World's First Bee Influencer Is Trying To Raise Funds To Save Her Species | Same Something Wow

@just bee 

I haven't either.  In fact, I don't even know to whom or what your second example refers.

I continue to watch reruns.  And I've been catching up on some of my recorded shows that ended weeks ago while I was engrossed in reruns.

@geezerette 

Some Anglophile you are!

The Platinum Jubilee celebration for the Queen.  A four-day holiday in the U.K.  Today's the final day.

I found out it was happening because Harney & Sons sent me an email about the commemorative tea.  Turns out Elizabeth and I both like bergamot and lavender in our cup...

@just bee 

I confess that I am not.

@geezerette 

I confess I watched a couple minutes this morning and it was... strange.

@just bee 

I get my fill of all that here.

Honored Contributor

This is one of the things that drives me nuts living here.

In this morning's news:

Rio Grande Valley Celtic Festival returns

The Rio Grande Valley Celtic Festival is celebrating everything Scottish and Irish at Balloon Fiesta Park this weekend. The two-day event features animals, exhibits, and some tasty treats.

There are also Celtic music groups performing – including the Black Donnellys, who traveled all the way from Dublin for the event. The Celtic Festival wraps up Sunday, the cost to attend is $15.

Since this is Monday morning, one would assume the festival is going to happen on June 11 and 12.  No.  It ended yesterday.  On the 5th.  It's over.

For almost 30 years now, we find out about events after the events.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

hey all

beautiful day here, sunny and comfy.did not hang out,doc appoint at 1pm,don't know how long this appoint will last,want to fold and put away before i leave for appoint.

did morn walk

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

In this morning's news:

The Rio Grande Valley Celtic Festival is celebrating everything Scottish and Irish at Balloon Fiesta Park this weekend. The two-day event features animals, exhibits, and some tasty treats.

There are also Celtic music groups performing – including the Black Donnellys, who traveled all the way from Dublin for the event. The Celtic Festival wraps up Sunday, the cost to attend is $15.

Since this is Monday morning, one would assume the festival is going to happen on June 11 and 12.  No.  It ended yesterday.  On the 5th.  It's over.

@just bee 

That sounds like here too.  Sometimes I have to do a double take and scratch my head.  Is there another of the same event or a continuation?  Nope.  It's over.  The "Breaking News" is broken.😖

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

In this morning's news:

@just bee 

That sounds like here too.  Sometimes I have to do a double take and scratch my head.  Is there another of the same event or a continuation?  Nope.  It's over.  The "Breaking News" is broken.😖

@geezerette 

Mind-boggling, isn't it?

After a two-year absence (thanks, COVID!), it would have been nice to have the choice of attending.

Have gone in the past because of the bagpipes, dogs and kilts.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

In this morning's news:

@just bee 

@geezerette 

Mind-boggling, isn't it?

After a two-year absence (thanks, COVID!), it would have been nice to have the choice of attending.

Have gone in the past because of the bagpipes, dogs and kilts.

@just bee 

There is little nowadays that does not boggle my mind.

Respected Contributor

Brisk back in the hive....
I missed the Jubilee events but saw the Queen on the balcony. She does look good for 96 years of age.
I confess that's all I saw. I guess if we were British we would love this stuff. 🙂

Where I live we celebrate Mike the chicken who survived for quite awhile after he was decapitated. I find it kind of sick actually but it's the truth.🤐 yes, it is odd.... and we don't go for that.🙃

Hope all is well....I am hanging loose today but need to go to the store to pick up a few things. It will cost me alot to come out of the grocery store with only two bags😖😖 I just don't feel like eating Ramen forever🤣🤣🤣
Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
I missed the Jubilee events but saw the Queen on the balcony. She does look good for 96 years of age.
I confess that's all I saw. I guess if we were British we would love this stuff. 🙂

Where I live we celebrate Mike the chicken who survived for quite awhile after he was decapitated. I find it kind of sick actually but it's the truth.🤐 yes, it is odd.... and we don't go for that.🙃

Hope all is well....I am hanging loose today but need to go to the store to pick up a few things. It will cost me alot to come out of the grocery store with only two bags😖😖 I just don't feel like eating Ramen forever🤣🤣🤣

@Brisky 

Yup.  It's the only part I saw, too.

Platinum Jubilee Pageant: Queen Elizabeth II makes appearance at ...

Yes... Mike.  He was a legend among the Wyandottes.  Forgive me if I don't post a photo.

Too graphic.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Brisky wrote:

@Brisky 

Yup.  It's the only part I saw, too.

Platinum Jubilee Pageant: Queen Elizabeth II makes appearance at ...

Yes... Mike.  He was a legend among the Wyandottes.  Forgive me if I don't post a photo.

Too graphic.

@just bee 

There's a reason there's a saying about "running around like a chicken with your head cut off".  They do.  For a while.  It's...gross.