Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- June 2022 Edition

@just bee wrote:

@rnmom wrote:

Hi everyone! 

Just stopping in to say hello! I haven't been around in ages because I just can't keep up with reading all of the pages on this thread so I give up. But June is just starting, so maybe I can stay up with this one. Or not, work usually gets in the way. 

Plus we've been so busy, wrapping up the school year with the kids and hubby, working outside, getting gardens around, etc. Life sure doesn't seem to be slowing down around here much. 

I wish I had some good things to report, but really it's just the same old, same old, only now it costs 3x as much. That's if you can even get what you need. We've been trying for months to get someone to look at our roof and see if a leak this winter did any damage and we keep getting put off by the roofer. I guess it's time to look for someone else and hope the roof doesn't cave in while we wait.

I try to stay upbeat, but it's a challenge for sure, when you're faced with it almost daily. 

But anyway, nice to stop in and say hello!

@rnmom 

How 'bout them gas prices? Woman Wink

BH was on the phone with a friend who lives in Nevada and he's paying close to $6 a gallon.

Looking at items that have doubled in price in the past year.  If I don't need it, I won't buy it.

Still looking at a move?  Not that any homes are affordable right now...

They said this would happen and nobody wanted to listen.

Hope you get a little break this summer...

@rnmom 

Good to see you again!👋  Sounds like you've got plenty to occupy your time, so if you're busy you all must be well.  Stop back when you can. No need to read each post.  I usually skip to the last one when I haven't been here for a bit.  And work backwards as far as I can.

@just bee 

I was so smart last week--not.  Our gas had gone over $4 for the first time ever the last time I had filled up ($4.03).  Then it went down to $3.97.  I didn't really need gas then (naturally).  So when I was in town last I thought I'd fill up before it jumped back up.  

But in two days it had gone from $3.97 to $4.26!  I just couldn't bring myself to stop, and apparently no one else could either since the place was deserted.  I'll take my chance when I really need the stuff.  

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Bee Heard. Go Vote. on Behance

I missed early voting so it looks like I'll be in line this Tuesday.  Unfortunately, the line will be short.

Numbers so far are dismal.  Is it just too much effort to take an interest in those who are running your life?

I have my sample ballot, I've researched the candidates, I've made my choices.

I'm ready to go...

@just bee 

Yes.

They're too busy arguing about them with each other on social media.

Respected Contributor

Brisk back in the hive....
I guess a bee is a fish? Well, I never knew! Sounds fishy to me!
Been to Ouray and back and had a climbing time.
It is a dogs world up there and Marigold had a great time!

DH leaves for Colorado Springs this morning for summer camp. The students look forward to it and have some fun.

2nd daughter is coming into town again with her son this time🙂 Goodness, he is adorable 💙

New puppy can't fly in Cargo because of heat restrictions. We are thinking of how to get him here. Always something 🙄 plan B ...we will figure it out...
Pick him up when we go to Tennessee...

Better get off here because I need to mow the back yard!
No news is good news....
Brisk always remembers to vote over here....I hope they count it...
Have a great day everybody.....
Brisk out to mow.....
Respected Contributor

PS, gas is now $4.70 and climbing 💩
Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:

DH leaves for Colorado Springs this morning for summer camp. The students look forward to it and have some fun.

2nd daughter is coming into town again with her son this time🙂 Goodness, he is adorable 💙

New puppy can't fly in Cargo because of heat restrictions. We are thinking of how to get him here. Always something 🙄 plan B ...we will figure it out...

No news is good news....
Brisk out to mow.....

@Brisky 

Yep.  Although there are flying fish.  Not sure they do much pollinating though.  Except for each other.🐠

That's as good an excuse as I've heard for a vacation--got to pick up your puppy.  Driving back cross country with a puppy should be a lot of 'fun'!🤭

Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
PS, gas is now $4.70 and climbing 💩

@Brisky 

And you're another state that has lots of wells.  But then, some of it has to do with the amount of state tax.

I keep hearing on our news that we are the second cheapest state for gas.  Which doesn't mean much because I think we also are probably the second cheapest state for wages.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

"Confused Bee" Sticker by Milkyprint | Redbubble

@just bee 

Or

"To fish, or not to fish?"

And it's just the beginning...😵‍💫😳

@geezerette 

Free to be fish or bee.  Or wombat.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Bee Heard. Go Vote. on Behance

I missed early voting so it looks like I'll be in line this Tuesday.  Unfortunately, the line will be short.

Numbers so far are dismal.  Is it just too much effort to take an interest in those who are running your life?

I have my sample ballot, I've researched the candidates, I've made my choices.

I'm ready to go...

@just bee 

Yes.

They're too busy arguing about them with each other on social media.

@geezerette 

We really need to start talking with one another again.  If you aren't receiving information, your brain makes assumptions.

For instance...

We've been in this neighborhood for almost 30 years and I've watched it evolve.  It's become much more diverse.  It's a human smorgasbord.

There's a house a few doors down that has a variety of "statement" flags in front of it and I've been able to identify most of them.  Based on these flags and a couple of their bumper stickers, I've made an assumption about their world view.

Haven't met these people.

So today, as we were driving past this house, I darned near got whiplash when I saw a political sign in their front yard.

Wait a minute... I'm voting for that guy!

Gettin' weirder out there all the time.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Did I just hear that baby formula made with goat's milk will be made available?

Funny, because I said weeks ago that we should just give these kids goat's milk.

My mother always gave it to our puppies and they thrived on it.

#RallyTogether with these goat GIFs

(Probably a good thing I didn't have children.)

Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:

No news is good news....
Brisk out to mow.....

@Brisky 

Road trip!!! Woman LOL