Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- June 2022 Edition

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

So, here's my blooper of the day:

Early this morning I'm half asleep as usual and in the process of feeding the cats and see that Carla is waiting at the door.  So I let her out to do what she has to do.

I continue to putter around with my usual morning routine.  After a bit I look at the doors and no Carla.  I go outside in the back, look around and call.  No Carla.  I go outside in front, look around and call.  No Carla.

About this time I'm fuming because I imagine she's well into the woods after a rabbit.  As I'm walking back to the door I happen to glance in the window and see Carla calmly sitting inside watching me.

Duh! 🤦‍♀️😂

@geezerette 

12 Reasons You Must Be Thankful To Have Your Rottweiler In Your Life

@just bee 

The poor girl was totally confused.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Talk about weird weather...

Albuquerque Hourly Forecast

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@just bee 

Now that's an extreme change!  😵‍💫

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@just bee 

Now that's an extreme change!  😵‍💫

@geezerette 

Or someone doesn't know the difference between AM and PM.  These are not our current temperatures, yet this is on our local news.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@geezerette 

What's really disturbing to me is that the bizarre forecast was on the website this morning and you would think by now it would be corrected.

Nope.

So, according to this forecast, I should expect rain in 40 minutes.  Yeah, like that's going to happen.

Honored Contributor

@viva923   I had an eye dr appt too for the visual field test and some other weird test where they look at the back of your eye and the optic nerve.  I get checked by an opthamologist--have never been to a regular eye dr.  He operated on my son after an auto accident and I really liked him, so I started going to him.  Any ways, my mother has gluacoma.  I guess I could say *not bad* glaucoma, if that's possible.  It's been pretty much the same for about 20 years now.  But still I want to be checked out to see that I don't have it.  I do wear readers, but not glasses all day long.

Honored Contributor

Going to do some serious Chalk painting this weekend.  Done it dozens of times, but am trying the *Ombre Effect*.  Wish me luck.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette 

What's really disturbing to me is that the bizarre forecast was on the website this morning and you would think by now it would be corrected.

Nope.

So, according to this forecast, I should expect rain in 40 minutes.  Yeah, like that's going to happen.

@just bee 

Oh man--those errors on the news drive me nuts!  At least our meteorologists are pretty good about seeing when they've made a mistake and have it corrected by the next forecast airing.

But those "crawls" on the bottom of the screen are forever wrong.  And I mean forever.  The same mistakes are there for days because they don't seem to update the subject lines either.

I think they figure that it's the computer's fault.  I had thought when computers started to be commonplace things would get better since there would be fewer human errors.  Now there are just computer errors instead.

Honored Contributor

@viva923 We're over here now!Heart

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette 

Nope.

@just bee 

Oh man--those errors on the news drive me nuts!  At least our meteorologists are pretty good about seeing when they've made a mistake and have it corrected by the next forecast airing.

But those "crawls" on the bottom of the screen are forever wrong.  And I mean forever.  The same mistakes are there for days because they don't seem to update the subject lines either.

I think they figure that it's the computer's fault.  I had thought when computers started to be commonplace things would get better since there would be fewer human errors.  Now there are just computer errors instead.

@geezerette 

Garbage in, garbage out.

Nice that we humans can blame the computers now.  But we like to shift the blame to objects these days.