Honored Contributor

The Bee Hive -- June 2021 Edition

Welcome to The Bee Hive!

What's the buzz about Slovenian AZ beehive? - MyBeeLine

We already have a Bird’s Nest and a Back Fence here, so we thought the addition of a beehive would be appropriate.  To maintain the current two-word format, we chose The Bee Hive.

It’s a place where all are invited to chat about almost anything.

Join us! 🐝

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- June 2021 Edition

Hey, all you HEPcats and HEPdogs!  We had discussed making the Healthy Eating thread a monthly jam session, so I just went ahead and did a little improvisation.

This is an invite to our crazy crib where you can come and break it down! I say we go 18 karat on this and really swing.  If healthy eating’s not your bag, no problem.  But if it is, I dig.

It’s cool, I’m booted, let’s jump!

SNEAK PEEK: "Dogville Barkies"

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Just a reminder that it's a new month so, if there's any item that needs to be tossed and replaced, now's the time to do it.

I use a Magic Eraser to address the tea stains in my mugs and today I noticed that it was completely brown.  Dark brown.

Gee, what's my sturdy black tea doing to my teeth? Woman Embarassed

Anyway, tossed it and replaced with a new one.

Honored Contributor

Wow!

If you get a chance, check out the Weather thread on Community Chat.  Kachina624 posted a photo of our storm today.

Yes -- that's hail.

Honored Contributor

@just bee I hope this is okay  to post here, looks like fun.

I have to confess a habit I've had for many years and my late DH thought it was funny (in a kind way): I absolutely MUST make my bed before I get dressed.

I can't remember when it started but even today I started to get dressed and stopped because I hadn't made the bed! I laugh at myself for this but I figure it's not hurting anyone, right? Feel free to laugh, it's ok!

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@just bee I hope this is okay  to post here, looks like fun.

I have to confess a habit I've had for many years and my late DH thought it was funny (in a kind way): I absolutely MUST make my bed before I get dressed.

I can't remember when it started but even today I started to get dressed and stopped because I hadn't made the bed! I laugh at myself for this but I figure it's not hurting anyone, right? Feel free to laugh, it's ok!

@Love my grandkids 

That actually sounds like a good habit!  It's as if your brain is instructing you to start your day organized.  Straighten things out right away so you don't have to deal with them later.

Keep doing what you're doing. Heart

(And welcome to the Hive!)

Respected Contributor

Hello Ladies! I can't believe it's June already!
In 14 days I will be in Vegas!

Saw your hail and that was quite a mess! We do get hail once in awhile but nothing that heavy. We seldom get anything!

Been up early doing laundry and other things. Really got most things already done.
Seems like a Monday to me!
Brisk going off to make and Omelet....be back later....

Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
Hello Ladies! I can't believe it's June already!
In 14 days I will be in Vegas!

Saw your hail and that was quite a mess! We do get hail once in awhile but nothing that heavy. We seldom get anything!

Been up early doing laundry and other things. Really got most things already done.
Seems like a Monday to me!
Brisk going off to make and Omelet....be back later....

@Brisky 

So often, any turbulent weather will skip our neighborhood.  This time, we got nailed.  My plants are shredded and I wouldn't be surprised if our roof is damaged.

And it rained again this afternoon.

Can't complain about the rain, but I've never been a fan of hail.

Honored Contributor

I can’t remember when we last got rain. I just looked up my zip code. 5 inches since July 1, 2020. 😢
Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
I can’t remember when we last got rain. I just looked up my zip code. 5 inches since July 1, 2020. 😢

@bikerbabe 

Yikes.  Albuquerque probably gets 9 inches a year.  I thought we were crispy.