Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- July 2022 Edition

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

And now we're paying for that rain shower we got yesterday.

The air temperature is 98, but the "feels like" temperature is 111. 🥵

Boy, am I glad I replaced the a/c a couple of years ago!👍

@geezerette 

BH was just talking to our friend in Missouri and he's dealing with similar temperatures and humidity.  Not quite as bad as yours, but bad.

Which explains why we didn't move to the Kansas City area.

@just bee 

No place is paradise.  And even if you move, there's no guarantee that it won't change into something you don't like after you get there.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@geezerette 

BH was just talking to our friend in Missouri and he's dealing with similar temperatures and humidity.  Not quite as bad as yours, but bad.

@just bee 

No place is paradise.  And even if you move, there's no guarantee that it won't change into something you don't like after you get there.

@geezerette 

And that would really tick me off.  If I left my job and sold this house and moved to a different state -- and paid to have eveything moved there -- and then discovered that it was just like what I'd left, I'd be very disappointed.

It's inevitable. 

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@geezerette 

@just bee 

@geezerette 

And that would really tick me off.  If I left my job and sold this house and moved to a different state -- and paid to have eveything moved there -- and then discovered that it was just like what I'd left, I'd be very disappointed.

It's inevitable. 

@just bee 

It might not change into what you left behind, but it would change from what you wanted when you moved there.  

People are on the move.  And the funny thing is, they say they want one thing, but then they move to a state that does exactly the opposite.  And then they try to change it into what they left behind.  Makes zero sense to me.🤪

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@geezerette 

@just bee 

@geezerette 

It's inevitable. 

@just bee 

It might not change into what you left behind, but it would change from what you wanted when you moved there.  

People are on the move.  And the funny thing is, they say they want one thing, but then they move to a state that does exactly the opposite.  And then they try to change it into what they left behind.  Makes zero sense to me.🤪

@geezerette 

What doesn't make sense to me is that they can't seem to connect the dots.  You created the problem in the state you left and now you're re-creating it.  Zero self-awareness.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@geezerette 

@just bee 

@geezerette 

It's inevitable. 

@just bee 

@geezerette 

What doesn't make sense to me is that they can't seem to connect the dots.  You created the problem in the state you left and now you're re-creating it.  Zero self-awareness.

@just bee 

Exactly.  A bit like the current gas prices.

People would move to the desert for the dry climate and lack of bugs, among other things.  Then they'd immediately install grass lawns and swimming pools, and in a few years wonder why the area was running out of water.

When we first moved out there none of the vets had heartworm medication because the dogs didn't need it there.  Several years before we left I was giving it to my dog because the disease had followed the mosquitoes out there.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@geezerette 

@just bee 

@geezerette 

It's inevitable. 

@just bee 

@geezerette 

@just bee 

People would move to the desert for the dry climate and lack of bugs, among other things.  Then they'd immediately install grass lawns and swimming pools, and in a few years wonder why the area was running out of water.

When we first moved out there none of the vets had heartworm medication because the dogs didn't need it there.  Several years before we left I was giving it to my dog because the disease had followed the mosquitoes out there.

@geezerette 

I don't understand why people can't do the research.  They move to a place and then seem surprised when they discover what it's really like.

We have the Internet.  Sure, there's a lot of make-believe on it but, if you know where to look, you can find a few facts.

Wherever I go, I watch the local news, listen to local radio, read local publications and talk to the local people.  And that's just a small percentage of the information you need before you make a stupid decision.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@geezerette 

@just bee 

@geezerette 

It's inevitable. 

@just bee 

@geezerette 

@just bee 

@geezerette 

I don't understand why people can't do the research.  They move to a place and then seem surprised when they discover what it's really like.

We have the Internet.  Sure, there's a lot of make-believe on it but, if you know where to look, you can find a few facts.

Wherever I go, I watch the local news, listen to local radio, read local publications and talk to the local people.  And that's just a small percentage of the information you need before you make a stupid decision.

@just bee 

That's because you're logical and have common sense.

Obviously that's a misnomer.  "Common" sense.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@geezerette 

@just bee 

@geezerette 

It's inevitable. 

@just bee 

@geezerette 

@just bee 

@geezerette 

@just bee 

@geezerette 

And I still moved here.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@geezerette 

@just bee 

@geezerette 

It's inevitable. 

@just bee 

@geezerette 

@just bee 

@geezerette 

@just bee 

@geezerette 

And I still moved here.

@just bee 

But consider where you moved from.  It's all relative.

And the thing is, you never know what those other places you might have moved to would be like by now.  You might dislike them just as much.  Probably for different reasons, but perhaps with the same intensity.

When I get down on myself for my current situation, I will often ask myself where would I go if I could go anywhere?  And I probably actually could go anywhere if I really wanted to.  

And then I think of this place or that, and I always come up with a dozen reasons why any of those places would s*ck. And I also know there would be another dozen reasons that I don't know about now that I'd find out about after I went to all the trouble and expense of moving.

At least I'm familiar with what's wrong with this place.  

The devil you know...😈

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@geezerette 

@just bee 

@geezerette 

It's inevitable. 

@just bee 

@geezerette 

@just bee 

@geezerette 

@just bee 

@geezerette 

And I still moved here.

@just bee 

But consider where you moved from.  It's all relative.

And the thing is, you never know what those other places you might have moved to would be like by now.  You might dislike them just as much.  Probably for different reasons, but perhaps with the same intensity.

When I get down on myself for my current situation, I will often ask myself where would I go if I could go anywhere?  And I probably actually could go anywhere if I really wanted to.  

And then I think of this place or that, and I always come up with a dozen reasons why any of those places would s*ck. And I also know there would be another dozen reasons that I don't know about now that I'd find out about after I went to all the trouble and expense of moving.

At least I'm familiar with what's wrong with this place.  

The devil you know...😈

@geezerette 

Exactly.

And I now know, after living so many years in the West, that I can't live without mountains.  I have no sense of direction anymore and need landmarks like mountains to tell me where I am.