Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- July 2022 Edition

Inflation is finally good for something.  My bank interest doubled since last month.

It's up to a whopping half percent now. 🎉🤑😑

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

Inflation is finally good for something.  My bank interest doubled since last month.

@geezerette 

My toothpaste is now over $7 a tube.

It's cheaper to brush my teeth with gasoline.

I can't pay that for toothpaste.  I'm going have to start looking for a sale.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@geezerette 

My toothpaste is now over $7 a tube.

It's cheaper to brush my teeth with gasoline.

I can't pay that for toothpaste.  I'm going have to start looking for a sale.

@just bee 

I'm cutting down and cutting out a lot of things.  Like three pumps of shower gel instead of four, same with shampoo and conditioner.  It sounds silly, but every little bit adds up.

I don't know how that's going to work with my supplements, but we'll see if they've actually been doing anything.  They were always high and I take a lot, but now they're getting to be unsustainable.  I've also got to stick to only what's on my list when I get into a store.

I have limits.  Some things are important enough to keep, but other things will have to go.  Priorities.

Honored Contributor

@just bee 

And lately I've begun to feel guilty because I'm counting the years that Carla may have left and how long I'll have to keep paying for all her stuff.

That sounds really horrible, doesn't it?🥺

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee 

And lately I've begun to feel guilty because I'm counting the years that Carla may have left and how long I'll have to keep paying for all her stuff.

@geezerette 

What's worse is wondering how much Cosequin and Heartgard we should have on hand because he might not need it.  I really thought he was a goner when he hurt his back.

And then I think: How much stuff should I be stocking for myself?  Anything's possible...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee 

@geezerette 

What's worse is wondering how much Cosequin and Heartgard we should have on hand because he might not need it.  I really thought he was a goner when he hurt his back.

And then I think: How much stuff should I be stocking for myself?  Anything's possible...

@just bee 

What's worse is looking at that possibility as a good thing...

Honored Contributor

And now we're paying for that rain shower we got yesterday.

The air temperature is 98, but the "feels like" temperature is 111. 🥵

Boy, am I glad I replaced the a/c a couple of years ago!👍

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

And now we're paying for that rain shower we got yesterday.

The air temperature is 98, but the "feels like" temperature is 111. 🥵

Boy, am I glad I replaced the a/c a couple of years ago!👍

@geezerette 

BH was just talking to our friend in Missouri and he's dealing with similar temperatures and humidity.  Not quite as bad as yours, but bad.

Which explains why we didn't move to the Kansas City area.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee 

@geezerette 

@just bee 

@geezerette 

Speaking of short-timers, I have to go sweep up all the dead June bugs in front of the house.

Opened the door yesterday and discovered a large bag of fast food had been delivered to us.

We didn't order it.

Somebody, who did, didn't receive it.  Checked the delivery time and it had been dropped at our door in the morning.  Sat there all day attracting ants.

Be back in a few...

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee 

@geezerette 

@just bee 

@geezerette 

Speaking of short-timers, I have to go sweep up all the dead June bugs in front of the house.

Opened the door yesterday and discovered a large bag of fast food had been delivered to us.

We didn't order it.

Somebody, who did, didn't receive it.  Checked the delivery time and it had been dropped at our door in the morning.  Sat there all day attracting ants.

Be back in a few...

@just bee 

Ewww🤧