Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- July 2022 Edition

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette 

Well, this is awkward.

Just checked out some news sites to see if anything was happening that I should know about.

Had no idea about the Highland Park incident today which makes the Mel jokes particularly inappropriate.

@just bee 

I think I'll just be posting something like this from now on...

🙈🙉🙊

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette 

Well, this is awkward.

Just checked out some news sites to see if anything was happening that I should know about.

Had no idea about the Highland Park incident today which makes the Mel jokes particularly inappropriate.

@just bee 

🙈🙉🙊

@geezerette 

Yeah.  For everything.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette 

Well, this is awkward.

@just bee 

🙈🙉🙊

@geezerette 

Yeah.  For everything.

@just bee 

Get used to it.

Honored Contributor

It's hotter than blazes here, and going to get hotter by the end of the week.  Over 100 air temps tomorrow, with loads of humidity to boot.  

But the good thing has been no rain.  That means the grass stops growing and is turning a lovely brown.  I know, that sounds weird to those of you that live in subdivisions or actually like green grass, but to me, it's great because it means less mowing and fewer bugs.

Until yesterday afternoon when one lone rain shower parked over my place for about an hour and dumped over an inch of rain.  This morning it's still as hot as it's been, but the humidity is even higher because everything is wet.  And it's getting green again. 😞

Honored Contributor

@geezerette 

Yesterday was not a good day.  For several reasons.

But I can now believe in miracles.  Our dog can hear again!

It sounded like everyone in neighborhood decided to gather in front of our house last night to blast bad music and fire mortars and toss hand grenades.

The dog could definitely hear it all.  From early evening (still light) to one AM, when I finally fell asleep, it sounded like WW III.

Any plan I had to watch the professional display at Balloon Fiesta Park from the front patio was shelved.  Stayed in the house and we baked cookies for our friend in Missouri.

Our holiday.  Another thing to add to the long list of what I used to look forward to and now dread.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

It's hotter than blazes here, and going to get hotter by the end of the week.  Over 100 air temps tomorrow, with loads of humidity to boot.  

But the good thing has been no rain.  That means the grass stops growing and is turning a lovely brown.  I know, that sounds weird to those of you that live in subdivisions or actually like green grass, but to me, it's great because it means less mowing and fewer bugs.

Until yesterday afternoon when one lone rain shower parked over my place for about an hour and dumped over an inch of rain.  This morning it's still as hot as it's been, but the humidity is even higher because everything is wet.  And it's getting green again. 😞

@geezerette 

I read on Accuweather that Albuquerque "has received over 335% of normal precipitation since the beginning of June."

Really?

I was hoping for rain last night, but no luck.

Humidity here is supposedly 59%.  We're usually in the single digits.

Eww.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette 

Yesterday was not a good day.  For several reasons.

But I can now believe in miracles.  Our dog can hear again!

It sounded like everyone in neighborhood decided to gather in front of our house last night to blast bad music and fire mortars and toss hand grenades.

The dog could definitely hear it all.  From early evening (still light) to one AM, when I finally fell asleep, it sounded like WW III.

Any plan I had to watch the professional display at Balloon Fiesta Park from the front patio was shelved.  Stayed in the house and we baked cookies for our friend in Missouri.

Our holiday.  Another thing to add to the long list of what I used to look forward to and now dread.

@just bee 

There you go.  Find optimism in the face of misery.  Especially when you're outnumbered.

I'm kind of surprised that you had that much activity though.  What with your drought and your general state's official mindset I would think that explosives of any kind would be taboo.  Do as I say and not as I do, perhaps?

I was actually surprised to learn that our state has a limited time that fireworks are allowed.  Much of the month of July.  Not that that stops anybody from shooting them off the rest of the year.  They just have to stock up right now.

I was surprised that it was relatively tame around here last night.  I had fallen asleep and was awakened just before 10 by fireworks or a headache, I'm not sure which came first.  Fireworks were done by 10pm.

I still have the headache though.😡

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@geezerette 

I read on Accuweather that Albuquerque "has received over 335% of normal precipitation since the beginning of June."

Really?

I was hoping for rain last night, but no luck.

Humidity here is supposedly 59%.  We're usually in the single digits.

Eww.

@just bee 

I wish our humidity was only 59%!

It's always amazes me that it can rain in the desert with such low humidity, yet it can be 90% here and not a drop.

Except for the sweat dripping off everyone.

Honored Contributor

hello all

did go to fireworks last night.it was ok got bored we drove home we stayed about half hour.

sheet day. sheets went out early this morn,good wind so they dried quickly,all folded and put away

2nd load is on lines now.

not much else. did normal chores, did morn walk, later guys

Honored Contributor

0369C2BA-7AB7-4C7C-8E0C-5B5EF329B05A.jpeg