Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- January 2023 Edition

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

That thing looks like a prairie dog in one this year's shaggy sherpa coats.

Are Golden Retrievers the ONLY dogs?

@Kachina624 

@Briskyhas two -- one's an English Cream.

They tend to be photogenic. Heart

But other breeds show up here, too.

We actually saw two Bassets at the bosque this morning.  Think they're making a comeback?

Basset Hound - Dog Breed history and some interesting facts

@just bee 

Oh that little one is adorable!🥰

I had a friend years ago that had two males.  I had never realized until I was around hers how robust they actually are.  And heavy, too!

@geezerette 

My mother loved Bassets and finally got a red and white like this one.  Named him Humphrey.

He was a character.  Heavy?  Yes!  Found that out when I was running to an emergency clinic on Memorial Day weekend with him in my arms.

@just bee 

That must be a popular Bassett name.  One of my friend's dogs was named Humphrey too.

Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

That quokka is the cutest marsupial I have ever seen!  I do not think I have ever heard of one!💕

My youngest daughter and son in law got a Vizsla puppy for Christmas.  Her name is Stella and she is gorgeous.  Dark blond/tannish fur and green eyes,  I had never heard of this breed and had no idea doggies could have green eyes.  This is not Stella, but she will look like this when she grows up.💕

9859A500-6A4A-4AE8-BE19-438F8D3E786E.jpeg

@4kitties 

Vizsla pup

I hope your daughter and her husband are active, outdoorsy types because this breed has lots of energy!

We saw two at the bosque here in Albuquerque last week and they were running off leash.  They are FAST.  Really fast.

Love the name Stella. Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@4kitties wrote:

That quokka is the cutest marsupial I have ever seen!  I do not think I have ever heard of one!💕

My youngest daughter and son in law got a Vizsla puppy for Christmas.  Her name is Stella and she is gorgeous.  Dark blond/tannish fur and green eyes,  I had never heard of this breed and had no idea doggies could have green eyes.  This is not Stella, but she will look like this when she grows up.💕

9859A500-6A4A-4AE8-BE19-438F8D3E786E.jpeg

@4kitties 

Vizsla pup

I hope your daughter and her husband are active, outdoorsy types because this breed has lots of energy!

We saw two at the bosque here in Albuquerque last week and they were running off leash.  They are FAST.  Really fast.

Love the name Stella. Heart

Vislas seem to be becoming popular.  I've even seen a few around here.

The puppies are too cute!

But then, I don't think I've ever seen a puppy of any breed that wasn't cute.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

That thing looks like a prairie dog in one this year's shaggy sherpa coats.

Are Golden Retrievers the ONLY dogs?

@Kachina624 

@Briskyhas two -- one's an English Cream.

They tend to be photogenic. Heart

But other breeds show up here, too.

We actually saw two Bassets at the bosque this morning.  Think they're making a comeback?

Basset Hound - Dog Breed history and some interesting facts

@just bee 

Oh that little one is adorable!🥰

I had a friend years ago that had two males.  I had never realized until I was around hers how robust they actually are.  And heavy, too!

@geezerette 

My mother loved Bassets and finally got a red and white like this one.  Named him Humphrey.

He was a character.  Heavy?  Yes!  Found that out when I was running to an emergency clinic on Memorial Day weekend with him in my arms.

@just bee 

That must be a popular Bassett name.  One of my friend's dogs was named Humphrey too.

@geezerette 

Not surprised at all.  What's a more perfect name for a Basset?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes.  My daughter is a runner and son in law hunts.  This is a good breed for both!

she is just the sweetest thing.  They brought her here on Christmas Day and I told them I was having a hard time letting them take her home!  She just kept licking my cheek!💕💕💕. We have no pets at the moment and I am soooo tempted to get one of her siblings.  Those green eyes just captivated me.  

Exited to add:  They also live in the country and have have a huge yard for her to run.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

Yes.  My daughter is a runner and son in law hunts.  This is a good breed for both!

she is just the sweetest thing.  They brought her here on Christmas Day and I told them I was having a hard time letting them take her home!  She just kept licking my cheek!💕💕💕. We have no pets at the moment and I am soooo tempted to get one of her siblings.  Those green eyes just captivated me.  

@4kitties 

Sure sounds like it! Woman LOL

I can see why it would be tempting to have a littermate.

Vizsla Puppies Texas Adoption - librodelpasado

Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

They also live in the country and have have a huge yard for her to run.

@4kitties 

Even better!

Honored Contributor

Making linguine and clams tonight.

No, it didn't happen last night.  Long story.

Honored Contributor

All done! I’m free!🤣
A bit of sadness, too. Trying not to think about it too much. The level of exhaustion I’m feeling confirms I had to get out while I could still walk without needing assistance. The staffing level keeps tanking.
Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
All done! I’m free!🤣
A bit of sadness, too. Trying not to think about it too much. The level of exhaustion I’m feeling confirms I had to get out while I could still walk without needing assistance. The staffing level keeps tanking.

@bikerbabe 

Blog - Honeycomb

It definitely takes its toll.  You can't afford to be incapacitated.

Staffing is getting to be a real issue here.  We have all these nursing students but, as soon as they get that degree, they're packing their bags and leaving the state.

Give yourself time to think about what you'd like to do next.  Until then, take advantage of the time off.

And enjoy it. Heart