Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- January 2023 Edition

beautiful | Rottie, Rottweiler, Happy new

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Happy New Year

Honored Contributor

Happy New Years (Bee)eve! : RealBeesFakeTopHats

I was up later than usual because of the local noise: Neighbors setting off explosives.

I have to ask: What exactly are they celebrating?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

BH called our friend in Nevada, then handed the phone to me.  Ended up talking for several hours, which is unusual because I don't generally chat on the phone unless someone is holding a gun to my head.

He was one of the unfortunate who endured a Southwestern travel nightmare.  Horrific story.  He will never again travel on a holiday.

He ended up stranded and had no other choice than to drive back to Nevada.  In his mother's Mini Cooper.  With his mother in the car.  Who does not allow music in her vehicle.  During a winter storm.  For twelve hours.

Remember: Just when you think your life is at its worst, someone out there has it much, much worse than you.

Honored Contributor

The sun is rising and it looks like there's some powder on the Sandias.  Maybe rain later today.

Honored Contributor

New Year Bee Sweet by uluckygirl on Etsy

Honored Contributor

I had found the perfect illustration for January's Hive over a month ago but when I looked for it last night I couldn't find it to save my soul.

So I ended up with this one:

Pin by Gracie May Johnson on Art | Bear artwork, Wildlife art, Bear paintings

But then it bothered me that the bear wasn't interested in a beehive -- it's more of a hornet's nest.

And that is the last thing I want our Hive to be.

Honored Contributor

Happy New Years (Bee)eve! : RealBeesFakeTopHats

Respected Contributor

Beautiful picture!

Thank you for sharing all of these with us. What a wonderful way to begin the New Year.

All the best to you!

Honored Contributor

@DSD2 wrote:

Beautiful picture!

Thank you for sharing all of these with us. What a wonderful way to begin the New Year.

All the best to you!

@DSD2 

Thank you so much for the kind words.  All the best to you, too! Heart

Incidentally, this is our resident illustrator:

Introducing The World's First Bee Influencer