Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- January 2023 Edition

@just bee 

Yep, time does have a way of passing without our realizing how swiftly.

I've been frustrated with so many things around this place needing repair or replacement until I realize that I've lived in this house longer than any other except for the home I grew up in.  And in another couple of years that will be surpassed too.  So I shouldn't be surprised.  But I am.

It's funny how some days (and nights) go by so slowly, yet it seems like the months and years are speeding...🤨

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee 

Yep, time does have a way of passing without our realizing how swiftly.

I've been frustrated with so many things around this place needing repair or replacement until I realize that I've lived in this house longer than any other except for the home I grew up in.  And in another couple of years that will be surpassed too.  So I shouldn't be surprised.  But I am.

It's funny how some days (and nights) go by so slowly, yet it seems like the months and years are speeding...🤨

@geezerette 

My days off go by very quickly...

We've lived in Albuquerque longer than anywhere else.  At this address longer than anywhere else.  I've worked at my hospital longer than anywhere else.

And that's weird.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee 

I come from a family that stays put.  But after I got together with the OG, we moved every few years, even if it was only to a different house in the same area. 

But as we aged and things everywhere started to change, the idea of moving was more intriguing than when we faced the actual act of doing so. 

Sort of like I feel now, except I don't want to deal with this place either.  Tired of staying, too tired to move.😄

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee 

I come from a family that stays put.  But after I got together with the OG, we moved every few years, even if it was only to a different house in the same area. 

But as we aged and things everywhere started to change, the idea of moving was more intriguing than when we faced the actual act of doing so. 

Sort of like I feel now, except I don't want to deal with this place either.  Tired of staying, too tired to move.😄

@geezerette 

I look at the prices of houses and the thought of moving seems unrealistic.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

I should start thinking about a nap before work but I'm cold and just want to get under my furry blanket.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee 

@geezerette 

I look at the prices of houses and the thought of moving seems unrealistic.

@just bee 

Oh man, have they!  Even here in boonieville.

I keep track of what's for sale in my little town, most especially the places that I might want to buy.  In the past year a couple of possibilities have gone up for sale with what I thought were totally unrealistic prices.  While they didn't sell immediately, all were gone within 60 days of listing.  Yikes.

I had planned on being able to bank some money from this place when I sell it and downsize.  Now I'm not so sure I'll be able to break even if prices stay this high.

Honored Contributor

hey all

heavy rain again. also very chilly.

was able to get washer cleaned for the month. got both walks in and did my chores, very busy day.If you go to page 1262 in what are you doing today. I wrote a small post of what I did. am exhausted from my combining boxes and boxes of foot items.

later guys

Honored Contributor

Pouring here right now.  I mean it is hitting the side of the house so hard!  Right behind where I'm sitting.  Gives me shivers just hearing it!  But it's in the 50s.

DIdn't start till about one pm.  So I got my 10K steps in starting at 9:30 am.  Came home and raked the yard.  Just little piles of leaves that gathered here and there.

Watched the rest of Peyton Place (the movie) tonight.  Read a little bit about Lana Turner afterwards.  Googled her...lol.  Talk about life imitating art or visa versa.....

Supposed to see the sun again tomorrow.  It peeked out a few times this morning.

Honored Contributor

hey all

have a doctor check at 1pm today have much to do so got to shove off later all

Honored Contributor

Hard to believe January will be over in a blink of the eye!  I hope February goes just as fast. 

Then things can go in *s l o w  m o t i on*  for the rest of the year.

Have a long drive on Saturday morning.  Hope to get a nice early start.  Will be missing beautiful sunny weather here and headed for Siberia.

Used to love driving across PA, the hillsides and pastures.  But now I realize how many of these farms have veal crates and it totally ruins my day.