Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- January 2023 Edition

@just bee 

Luckily I've avoided driving much at night for years.  

Those new headlights are tough even in the daylight.  And you can flash your headlights at the high beam users and most of them have no idea what you're doing nowadays.

Are you in an area with many streetlights, or is Albuquerque a city that's trying to "preserve the night sky"?

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee 

Those new headlights are tough even in the daylight.  And you can flash your headlights at the high beam users and most of them have no idea what you're doing nowadays.

Are you in an area with many streetlights, or is Albuquerque a city that's trying to "preserve the night sky"?

@geezerette 

I don't think we're trying to preserve anything here besides the criminal element.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee 

@geezerette 

I don't think we're trying to preserve anything here besides the criminal element.

@just bee 

In that case, it sounds like you're doing a pretty good job of it.  Although I can't talk.  A few weeks ago our little town was headlining the local news with two murders at McDonalds.  Along with two drive-by shootings at a couple of apartment buildings.  Sounds like it might be safer out here in the boonies.

On a lighter note...

Are you getting snow in your area?  Half of our state is supposed to get snow tomorrow, but it's 'iffy' as to where exactly and how much exactly.  It looks like it's coming due east from New Mexico.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@just bee 

In that case, it sounds like you're doing a pretty good job of it.  Although I can't talk.  A few weeks ago our little town was headlining the local news with two murders at McDonalds.  Along with two drive-by shootings at a couple of apartment buildings.  Sounds like it might be safer out here in the boonies.

On a lighter note...

Are you getting snow in your area?  Half of our state is supposed to get snow tomorrow, but it's 'iffy' as to where exactly and how much exactly.  It looks like it's coming due east from New Mexico.

@geezerette 

Hey, at least we have a goal.

To break last year's homicide record.

According to Accuweather, we should be getting snow any moment.  But they might be referring to the Sandias and areas east of the river.

Just checked the radar map and it looks like there's a big blue blob coming from the west.  We may get some snow, after all.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Well, I think I might be done posting photos of various favorite actresses on the other thread, so maybe it's time to take a shower and pour some wine.

But I did just notice If It's Tuesday, This Must Be Belgium is on cable.

So It Goes...: Thanks Ian McShane; My Adventure From Charity Shop To Profit

Always been quite fond of Ian McShane.

Honored Contributor

Ian McShane🥰

The wind today. 😱🫡
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

GEE got a message from st. francis hospital about the upcoming surg on the 30th, it was normal stuff name,rank,serial number type stuff. then I read that was going to be done. if I read it correctly. doctor is going to fuse the entire toe,cut something to align the toe properly, use a filler for ??? something. i hope i read the info correctly and understood what was written. I will be wearing my blue shoe boot for 6 plus weeks/no showers for 3 weeks of foot only so a huge supply of duct tape/the huge 55 gallons garbage bags.

Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
Ian McShane🥰

The wind today. 😱🫡

@bikerbabe 

Windy all day here. Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

GEE got a message from st. francis hospital about the upcoming surg on the 30th, it was normal stuff name,rank,serial number type stuff. then I read that was going to be done. if I read it correctly. doctor is going to fuse the entire toe,cut something to align the toe properly, use a filler for ??? something. i hope i read the info correctly and understood what was written. I will be wearing my blue shoe boot for 6 plus weeks/no showers for 3 weeks of foot only so a huge supply of duct tape/the huge 55 gallons garbage bags.

@viva923 

YIKES!

Honored Contributor

The experts were wrong again.  Where was this supposed white wave in New Mexico?

Some snow on the Sandias but no snow in our area.