Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- February 2022 Edition

@Brisky wrote:
I have never heard on a special day for Goldens! They are good sales dogs for vacuums🤣 They should arrive at birth with a vacuum.🙂

Sounds like a road trip to get to work😐
You will need that wine after that night!
Hope your furnace has small glitch!

@Brisky 

It was a small gas valve that went bad.  Nice having a plumber in the neighborhood.  Unfortunately, we'll be losing him to the Hill Country. Woman Sad

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

As I was crawling to work last night, watching people trying to drive on the "islands" and others just abandoning their cars in the snow, I couldn't help notice all the out-of-state plates around me.

I wonder what these people were thinking.

Maybe the same thing I've been thinking for the past 27 years.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

I'm looking at our daily temperatures for the month and that g_______d rodent might just be right! Woman Mad

Groundhog's Day is seriously underrated - The Collegiate Live

Honored Contributor

New Mexicans enjoy a snow day Thursday

Two of the neighborhood kids were sliding down the hill as I was driving up the hill this morning.

No school and no work for many here.

Doesn't apply to hospitals, although several could NOT get to work last night and I WAS ALONE.

Yup.

Respected Contributor

You are obviously very dependable! Sounds like a mess.
I actually turned on the news today. I have been doing news black outs lately.
Just trying to avoid the insanity! It works for a little While!
I watched and turned it off again..

Try to hang loose....
Brisk out and be careful everybody....
Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
I have never heard on a special day for Goldens! They are good sales dogs for vacuums🤣 They should arrive at birth with a vacuum.🙂

Sounds like a road trip to get to work😐
You will need that wine after that night!
Hope your furnace has small glitch!

@Brisky 

There is now a "special" day for everything!

Funny you should mention Goldens coming with a vacuum.  I've often thought how wonderful it would be if Carla would allow me to just vacuum her when she comes in from rolling in the dead grass.  What a mess!  Why she doesn't roll in the grass in the summer when it won't stick to her coat is beyond me.  Thank goodness I don't have a new house or I'd be out of my mind trying to keep it clean just from her.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

As I was crawling to work last night, watching people trying to drive on the "islands" and others just abandoning their cars in the snow, I couldn't help notice all the out-of-state plates around me.

I wonder what these people were thinking.

Maybe the same thing I've been thinking for the past 27 years.

@just bee 

They used to just close down I-40 when there was a big snowfall.  Even had those wooden arms to go across the road like they have at railroad crossings.  I had never seen that before.  

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Two of the neighborhood kids were sliding down the hill as I was driving up the hill this morning.

Doesn't apply to hospitals, although several could NOT get to work last night and I WAS ALONE.

Yup.

@just bee 

Pretty much everything was closed here yesterday and will be closed again today.

We have at least 3" of ice under a bit of snow that needs to melt before people can get out safely.  And in my case, all the stuff that dripped off the roof, which is about a foot of ice in front of my garage door.  It's not even going to get above freezing until after noon today, then down into possible single digits tonight and tomorrow night.  

I won't be going anywhere for several days.

Honored Contributor

hey all

temps are falling high of 60 at 8am, down to 45 now. still rain, winds shifted out of northwest.

have a 1pm tax appoint today get'er done is my motto.

not much else.

ok later guys

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Yup.

@just bee 

Pretty much everything was closed here yesterday and will be closed again today.

We have at least 3" of ice under a bit of snow that needs to melt before people can get out safely.  And in my case, all the stuff that dripped off the roof, which is about a foot of ice in front of my garage door.  It's not even going to get above freezing until after noon today, then down into possible single digits tonight and tomorrow night.  

I won't be going anywhere for several days.

@geezerette 

Next time our city shuts down because of a couple inches of snow, I will be better prepared.

Oatmeal Little Debbie Cookies | Oatmeal creme pie, Little debbie snack cakes, Debbie snacks

Oatmeal is good for you. Heart