Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- February 2022 Edition

@geezerette wrote:

Weather forecast for my area does not look good.  They're flat-out telling us to "expect" power outages, possibly for days.  Wind, freezing rain (starting tonight, continuing all day tomorrow), sub-freezing to single digit temps until at least Saturday.

I'm scr*wed.  

Trying to savor the 60 degree temp we have now.

@geezerette 

Compared to ours, your area has been balmy.  Yet I don't think I could put up with constant weather changes.  We have them here, but they're not drastic.

It's why we decided not to move to the Kansas City area.  Ice storms, tornadoes.  Not interested in battling Mother Nature.

Maybe I'm meant to live in the high desert.

I'll keep my eye on your weather and keep my fingers crossed.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Groundhog Day 2022: Punxsutawney Phil Makes Winter Prediction

Pennsylvania's most famous groundhog emerged from his burrow on a cold Wednesday morning and saw his shadow, declaring there would be six more weeks of winter.  Punxsutawney Phil made his annual prediction as another major winter storm is expected to bring heavy snow, ice and freezing rain to a large portion of the country.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Cartoonist's Take | Groundhog Day 2022 - Santa Cruz Sentinel

Respected Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

Weather forecast for my area does not look good.  They're flat-out telling us to "expect" power outages, possibly for days.  Wind, freezing rain (starting tonight, continuing all day tomorrow), sub-freezing to single digit temps until at least Saturday.

I'm scr*wed.  

@geezerette Ugh, good luck and stay warm.  Fingers crossed you don’t lose power. I hope you stocked up on your Haagen daz.  

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

I'm scr*wed.  

@geezerette 

Compared to ours, your area has been balmy.  Yet I don't think I could put up with constant weather changes.  We have them here, but they're not drastic.

It's why we decided not to move to the Kansas City area.  Ice storms, tornadoes.  Not interested in battling Mother Nature.

@just bee 

I can't either.  It was a toss up whether or not we'd come here, let alone stay for any length of time.  But once we moved all the way cross country, it was too much of a hassle to move again.  So be careful about about wanting to be somewhere else.  Every place has its good points and its bad points.  

I may get somewhat of a break on the weather.  I just watched the noon newscast and the excessive freezing rain line seems to have moved just a touch so that I'm on the border of perhaps getting more sleet/snow than freezing rain.  

That would be better since the chances of losing power go down.  But I still could get frozen stuff and maybe 4" of snow.  I'm cool with that if I can keep my electricity on.  Might be inside for a few days until it melts, but I bought enough groceries to last.  

(If I keep my power on, I can bake that frozen pizza I bought to help keep the house warm.😉☺️)

And I wonder why I can't lose weight...🤨

Actually, I don't 'wonder' at all.  I know exactly why!🤭

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

I'm scr*wed.  

@geezerette Ugh, good luck and stay warm.  Fingers crossed you don’t lose power. I hope you stocked up on your Haagen daz.  

@aprilskies 

Too cold for that.  I don't eat ice cream in the winter.  I substitute cream and sugar in my coffee instead.  (I think this might have even more calories than the Haagen Daz!😳)

Thanks.  You keep warm and dry too.  Some of this is headed your way.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

I'm scr*wed.  

@geezerette 

@just bee 

I can't either.  It was a toss up whether or not we'd come here, let alone stay for any length of time.  But once we moved all the way cross country, it was too much of a hassle to move again.  So be careful about about wanting to be somewhere else.  Every place has its good points and its bad points.  

I may get somewhat of a break on the weather.  I just watched the noon newscast and the excessive freezing rain line seems to have moved just a touch so that I'm on the border of perhaps getting more sleet/snow than freezing rain.  

That would be better since the chances of losing power go down.  But I still could get frozen stuff and maybe 4" of snow.  I'm cool with that if I can keep my electricity on.  Might be inside for a few days until it melts, but I bought enough groceries to last.  

(If I keep my power on, I can bake that frozen pizza I bought to help keep the house warm.😉☺️)

And I wonder why I can't lose weight...🤨

Actually, I don't 'wonder' at all.  I know exactly why!🤭

@geezerette 

I'm watching the snow come down.  It's a freakin' blizzard and I have to be on the road in a couple hours.  New Mexicans can't drive in snow.  Rain is a challenge.  It's 23 degrees and, depending on which website you're looking at, it feels like 7 or -5 degrees.

The wind is impressive.

Probably should have postponed all that trimming this week.

Honored Contributor

I'm going to leave for work early.

Why didn't we get this storm on my day off?  I'll need to speak with someone about that.

Later! Heart

Respected Contributor

WOW! Your weather stinks compared to mine! Hoping you don't get hit hard!
I can't say weather hits this hard in Fruita. We seldom get rain or much snow. That is the reason many people retire here.
It's not a pretty town but the weather is mild and you always can see the mountains. So it is pretty in those areas.
Don't miss the Tornado scares.
Be careful and stay safe!

PS, I like dogs better then puppies!🙂 The traing is the hardest part....She is a work in progress 🤔 Goldens are easier then some other pups though. Rocko doesn't like other animals but Marigold is trying hard to impress him.
She likes him.....He glares at her.🙄 I think he will get used to her, I hope!
Take care all and get ready to bundle up!
Brisk out on ground hog day.......
Respected Contributor

I take that back... Fruita is actually pretty. Lots of cows and horses over here. It's and old Town but quaint and small. The people are pretty nice too. Honestly not a bad place.
Just small......
They also enforce law and order....OK, good town!🙂