Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- February 2022 Edition

@geezerette wrote:

For me for the next few days it will be just more hoping and praying that I don't lose power this week.

Our weather forecasts change with each different meteorologist, but the one thing that remains consistent with each of them is that I'm in the area that stands to get the most ice--possibly 1".  Which means the highest chance of power going out.

There isn't much I can do about it now, other than make sure my devices are charged. We used to be lucky in that a lineman lived in the neighborhood so if our power went out we got restored ASAP.   But he does have that job anymore.☹️

The good news is that it won't last more than a day, and by the weekend it will be sunny and above freezing.  I just hope nothing disastrous happens before it melts.

@geezerette 

I like four seasons and I don't want to live where there aren't four distinct seasons.

But, like Goldilocks, I don't want it too hot or too cold.  I want it just right.

I still have fantasies about moving to another state, but the reality is that I won't be able to function in some climates.

I think I'm stuck here.

I saw one forecast that said Wednesday night will feel like -4 degrees.  I'm fine with that.  But I worry about the plants and animals that aren't.

Keep us updated!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Our storm will kick in tonight and then we'll have snow and rain -- I like to call it snain -- all day Wednesday into Thursday.  Then it will just be cold.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@geezerette 

I don't know if the landscaping crew felt weird about not showing up when promised, but they ended up trimming more than we'd discussed.

They trimmed everything in the yard including my container plants.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette 

I don't know if the landscaping crew felt weird about not showing up when promised, but they ended up trimming more than we'd discussed.

@just bee 

I hope WGD was in the house!

Honored Contributor

341CBD68-7238-4426-8A4F-3AF5B3B8811B.gif

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette 

@just bee 

I hope WGD was in the house!

@geezerette 

Of course! Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@just bee    You may need to consider this TSV for Friday which comes in a cute bee motif.

Screenshot_20220201-104711_kindlephoto-1462747959.png

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

That's cute as can bee! Heart

And if I still carried a purse I'd be in trouble because there are some really great color options here.

Tempting, but I don't want to get back into the purse habit.  I tossed way too many after the house fire!

Honored Contributor

@just bee    How do you carry all of your "stuff"?  I usually leave my handbag at home and use a small Lori Grenier magnetic pouch that attaches to my waistband.  That leaves me hands-free and not likely to get mugged.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@geezerette
Fingers crossed you don’t lose power.

I carry a tote to work. Nothing fragile or expensive for obvious reasons. 🤪 Everyday, I use a clutch since I don’t usually carry much with me. If I’m doing much walking/shopping I switch to a purse with a strap for a bit more security.

We’re headed to the beach for the upcoming weekend.