Respected Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- February 2022 Edition

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

So, I had a weird experience yesterday.  Now, I know nothing is private and "they" are watching and targeting us all the time, however, I was at walmart yesterday and paid by credit card,I usually use cash. I got home and just happened to check my email and it says my order from today was added to my account for future use. Wow.  I was taken back. I am so tired of not having any privacy from these corporations. When did all of life just become about advertising? 

These big corporations are making me want to go back to small local stores.  We dont have many in this area, but we do have some. 

@aprilskies 

There's an easier way around this.

Just shoplift.

@just bee, that would work. Although, I am sure they will know that too. But, hey, now if it is under $1K, it is all good. 

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

So glad you all made it through the storm okay except for some bumps. This weather is getting dicey. We are expecting freezing rain and sleet.  I hope it is not bad if we get it.  I rather have snow. 

@geezerette, at least you can stay cozy inside. It pays to have your pantry stocked in these situations.  I am trying to keep more on hand for more reasons than one.  I just need to organize a bit differently. 

I am also trying to keep away from the news but havent been doing a great job.  I think I need to take a break from it this weekend. It is so depressiing. But it is hard not knowing what is going on. Crazy world. 

@aprilskies 

There are plenty of people who have absolutely no problem with this.

@just bee, that is amazing to me.

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

I think I need to find a hobby of some sort.  One that doesnt send me down a rabbit hole of spending. Maybe I will take up cooking and baking. I have the ingredients already. It is the motivation of the mess I dont always have.

But, I need to get my mind off of things. 

@aprilskies 

The reason cooking and baking make sense is that you need to have food.  You have to buy it, lug it home and prepare it.  By making this your hobby, you have elevated it.

You will plan a menu, search for interesting recipes, find new places to purchase ingredients.

BH lost his spice collection after the fire.  It had been quite the investment.  But he needed some spices for a curry this week and went to a local shop.  Such variety and much lower prices.

Trying something new stimulates the brain.

Preparing food at home is healthier and less expensive.

When you perfect pizza, let me know how you did it. Woman Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

So, I had a weird experience yesterday.  Now, I know nothing is private and "they" are watching and targeting us all the time, however, I was at walmart yesterday and paid by credit card,I usually use cash. I got home and just happened to check my email and it says my order from today was added to my account for future use. Wow.  I was taken back. I am so tired of not having any privacy from these corporations. When did all of life just become about advertising? 

These big corporations are making me want to go back to small local stores.  We dont have many in this area, but we do have some. 

@aprilskies 

Just shoplift.

@just bee, that would work. Although, I am sure they will know that too. But, hey, now if it is under $1K, it is all good. 

@aprilskies 

Hey, treat yourself to a cart, too.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

So glad you all made it through the storm okay except for some bumps. This weather is getting dicey. We are expecting freezing rain and sleet.  I hope it is not bad if we get it.  I rather have snow. 

@geezerette, at least you can stay cozy inside. It pays to have your pantry stocked in these situations.  I am trying to keep more on hand for more reasons than one.  I just need to organize a bit differently. 

I am also trying to keep away from the news but havent been doing a great job.  I think I need to take a break from it this weekend. It is so depressiing. But it is hard not knowing what is going on. Crazy world. 

@aprilskies 

There are plenty of people who have absolutely no problem with this.

@just bee, that is amazing to me.

@aprilskies 

But is it really surprising?

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies 

An added bonus: You can listen to music while you're preparing food.

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

I think I need to find a hobby of some sort.  One that doesnt send me down a rabbit hole of spending. Maybe I will take up cooking and baking. I have the ingredients already. It is the motivation of the mess I dont always have.

But, I need to get my mind off of things. 

@aprilskies 

The reason cooking and baking make sense is that you need to have food.  You have to buy it, lug it home and prepare it.  By making this your hobby, you have elevated it.

You will plan a menu, search for interesting recipes, find new places to purchase ingredients.

BH lost his spice collection after the fire.  It had been quite the investment.  But he needed some spices for a curry this week and went to a local shop.  Such variety and much lower prices.

Trying something new stimulates the brain.

Preparing food at home is healthier and less expensive.

When you perfect pizza, let me know how you did it. Woman Wink

@just bee, unfortunately, the only time I made good pizza is when I bought premade dough that I didnt need to form.  Otherwise, I dont have the finesse.  I am a better baker than cook and sometime depending on my mood, that is questionable too. 

Yesterday, I did unbox my dutch ovens. I buy these things and they sit in the boxes never used. They become part of the fixtures.  The same as everything else.  Now they are in the way but at least I have a chance on using them. 

I have coconut milk that needs to be used shortly.  I want to make a coconut chicken curry soon. Maybe this weekend if it doesnt get too busy. 

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@aprilskies 

Just shoplift.

@aprilskies 

Hey, treat yourself to a cart, too.

@just bee that could come in handy when I become homeless.

Honored Contributor

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — The New Mexico Department of Health renewed COVID-19 public health orders Friday, including a requirement to wear masks in public spaces.

Under the public health order, the mask requirement applies to all individuals age 2 and older in all indoor public settings – except when eating or drinking. State officials said businesses, houses of worship and other entities may enact stricter requirements at their discretion. The mandate is in effect regardless of vaccination status and with limited exceptions.

To read the renewed public health order, click here. The order will remain in effect through at least March 4. The current order was implemented in August 2021.

@aprilskies 

The sound you hear is my head exploding.

Respected Contributor

@aprilskies 

But is it really surprising?

@just bee, no, but it is depressiing.