Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- December 2021 Edition

@Brisky wrote:
Not much fun over there...🤐 normal enough.
Ok, I will try to start to lift weights at beginning of year.Starting small with new video. I need to firm up gently. Arms and legs first. .... need to keep strong when I make my journey to the caves! Yes, I used to work out about ten years ago. I do leg work outs still with my own body weight. But... I think I need a program I like and Stick to it...My new year...build it back up Brisk.....Do better and get a DOG.
I miss my friends. People don't get me...except you all!❤❤

@Brisky 

I really need to get back into Classical Stretch. 

Maybe next year. Woman Embarassed

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

When I was young, really young 🙄 I was into gymnastics! True Story here... My friends and I practiced alot in my neighborhood. I mastered the Chinese splits easily but could never do american splits. Well, one bad day I was still trying to do American splits when I tore my ligaments in my left leg. They tore like a loud dish rag being tore in half. My friends helped me limp home.
Went to doctor and they put me in crutches for quite along time.
Long story short...When I healed I could do the American
splits too!😉 I just had to learn the hard way!🤣
Was it worth it? Absolutely NOT🤣🤣 I was in the 7th grade and determined though!
There were alot of hard lessons I had to learn... but I did learn to limit some activities. Let's just say I made it through my youthful careless adventures intact.🙄🤣
Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
When I was young, really young 🙄 I was into gymnastics! True Story here... My friends and I practiced alot in my neighborhood. I mastered the Chinese splits easily but could never do american splits. Well, one bad day I was still trying to do American splits when I tore my ligaments in my left leg. They tore like a loud dish rag being tore in half. My friends helped me limp home.
There were alot of hard lessons I had to learn... but I did learn to limit some activities. Let's just say I made it through my youthful careless adventures intact.🙄🤣

I never even knew there was more than one kind of "splits".

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Brisky wrote:
Not much fun over there...🤐 normal enough.
Ok, I will try to start to lift weights at beginning of year.Starting small with new video. I need to firm up gently. Arms and legs first. .... need to keep strong when I make my journey to the caves! Yes, I used to work out about ten years ago. I do leg work outs still with my own body weight. But... I think I need a program I like and Stick to it...My new year...build it back up Brisk.....Do better and get a DOG.
I miss my friends. People don't get me...except you all!❤❤

@Brisky 

I really need to get back into Classical Stretch. 

Maybe next year. Woman Embarassed

@just bee 

A coincidence you should mention this.  I just got her Aging Backwards book the other day.

I haven't been using my Pilates machine on a regular basis for a long time.  And when I would use it, it seemed to do more harm than good--which I'm sure is my fault entirely.  Long story short, I decided the machine was no longer a good option for me (for various reasons) but I still desperately need to do some sort of exercise.  Anything strenuous is out of the question, and I don't want to become dependent on another machine.

So Classical Stretch came to mind.  I need to start out much slower than the tv show, so I opted for a book.  I'm hoping the stretches will work out for me.

More to the point, I hope I actually do them long enough for them to work for me.

Respected Contributor

Yes, stretching will limber you up. Slowly is the way to go. Just don't push it to hard. My DH taught me alot about exercising myself. Gradually do repetitive motions one day to build muscle tone. Skip next day altogether. Next day just do a little bit more.Skip again.
Consistently...you will increase muscle tone..

DH still keeps up his military routine and he taught me alot.
Basically, everything in moderation is key. Otherwise you can hurt yourself.

I am ready to go home now! I feel like I am and invader here.
My mother is doing well in the nursing home. She calls me that girl all the time. She does remember my little sister sometimes. It's so strange when your own mother doesn't recognize you. I am used to it by now. Wouldn't want dementia! Memories just slowly leaving you.
I think that is the hardest thing. You just have to accept it and go with it.
Thing is, she is happy there except for late afternoons when she gets sundowners.
We visit in the morning hours...

Anyway, beautiful day here....no snow even on the Mesa!
Not a good year for skiing! Typical for our area. We have great years and the bad years for as long as I can remember.

Hang loose everybody.....
Brisk out to walk to E road and up to different subdivision. ....
Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:

@Brisky 

I think that successfully communicates the horror of this story.

I'm surprised how many of us actually survive childhood.  Really, all I can say is...

AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I just hate seeing tore and ligaments in the same sentence.

B, are you a Sagittarian?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@Brisky wrote:

I never even knew there was more than one kind of "splits".

@geezerette 

Oh, yes.  Some hurt more than others.

Honored Contributor

I'll be back in a bit.  We're going to look for Starlink tonight.

Respected Contributor

Yes, Sagittarius here.
Hope you all had a better day then I did.
Walked up to E road to see the neighborhood where we rode bikes alot as kids. Honestly, not much has changed up there.
Came home and took off my shoes at back door. Came in and stubbed my little toe hard on end table. It is now a swollen pretty blue. Can't put my shoe on again. Not broken just painful. Not feeling the love today!

I hope you all had a better day than I did because my little sister called me to tell me my mothers neighbor called my sister to tell me to let Rocko into the house because he was outside all day.
We are being watched by my mothers 89 year old friend from across the street! What and Why?
Rocko goes in and out all day! He is a cat and he definitely tells us when he wants in and out....

Good lord...please Toni get done earlier than later on my house.
My neighbors don't give a flip about this kind of stuff.
Rocko likes his freedom....

Geezerette, after reading give us the scoop.🧐
Brisk out and being watched.
I am not that interesting 🤔....
Respected Contributor

Mygosh, Soupy, I forgot all about him.  He sure does look like Mel. Good call @geezerette 

Throwbacks always leave me stunned. I think I forgot more than I remember.  I forgot all about Laverne and Shirley.  How can I forget about L & S.  I watched that show all the time. And so many other shows.  I should actually sit down and research all of the shows from back in the day. There were so many that I loved.  How about Sanford and Son?   I need to do that. I am having nostalgic (spell?) moments lately. 

Talk about feeling your age. I went gray early in life so I have been coloring my hair for a lifetime. However, my eyebrows didnt turn until recently. Yikes. I dont think I like that.  And I see new white eyebrow hairs everyday. Help!!

Well, I have an order to pickup tomorrow and besides one small additional purchase, I am going to try and stay away from temptations. I am feeling the temptations lately and bad.  I simply do not need nor have the space for the things that are tempting me.  Yes, @geezerette, that saying was right on point - finding a hobby that doesnt require eating or buying anything. Perhaps, exercise? 

Let's try and get in shape all together. I need to start with stretching too. I just dont think I can do much else. 

@Brisky, I am so glad you are all feeling better.  Stay healthy.  

@just bee, How does it feel now with having less stuff since the fire?  Do you find you still miss having it around or have you moved past it?