Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- December 2021 Edition

This is a few days late, just like my brain...

07FFABD7-DCDA-40D7-8E61-287A2938826C.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

F761807B-C759-4855-9D85-866E636B87CB.jpeg

@Lucky Charm 

@geezerette 

Okay, you've ruined it for me.

@just bee 

What, you don't think Soupy was a hunk? ...

2CE191AE-E5B4-4BFA-8F4A-6E8097939E22.jpeg

358CF105-181F-42C6-9FD4-7C245894B11D.jpeg

@geezerette 

Okay...

Celebrities Who Smoke Cigars | List of Famous People Smoking Cigars (Page 13)

You've made your point.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

I'm channeling my inner @viva923 today.

I washed throw rugs and the old towels I use to dry the dog and car.  I hung those outside since it's such a beautiful warm and sunny day.  I don't have a clothes line anymore, but I put them over the dog pen fence and that works great.

I also washed my bath rugs, but those are going in the dryer since I like them nice and soft.  I think they get stiff when dried outside.

And I vacuumed and mopped the floor too.

I'm pooped.🥵  I don't know how Viva does this every day!🥱

@geezerette 

I've got to tackle this floor.  We still haven't found the best way to clean a non-carpeted house.  Swiffer worked in the rental, but our vinyl flooring has a slight texture.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

I washed throw rugs and the old towels I use to dry the dog and car.  I hung those outside since it's such a beautiful warm and sunny day.  I don't have a clothes line anymore, but I put them over the dog pen fence and that works great.

I also washed my bath rugs, but those are going in the dryer since I like them nice and soft.  I think they get stiff when dried outside.

@geezerette 

I've got to tackle this floor.  We still haven't found the best way to clean a non-carpeted house.  Swiffer worked in the rental, but our vinyl flooring has a slight texture.

@just bee  Just 2 words.....Room BAH!

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Happy December, Ladies. I may be the only one who still keep a paper calendar for appts., etc. instead of on my phone. 

I flipped the page to December and not much there  except a few doc appts. ( I kept putting off the dentist 😒). There are a few lunches with friends and that's it.

With Hanukkah soon over and not celebrating Christmas, basically empty "month at a glance".

Anyone else find they're doing much less than pre-pandemic?

@Shanus 

You most definitely are not the only one that still uses a paper calendar.  In fact, I use several.  I'm a paper person.  My brain thinks in paper, not digital.

Like the dinosaurs, I use my cell phone mainly as a phone.  

Novel concept.🤷‍♀️

@geezerette   So glad I'm not the only one. I still enjoy hand writing thank you notes and keeping in touch with written letters instead of emails. I think it's more personal. I send paper cards and/or invitations, too. I have a drawer full of stationary and note cards. 

@Shanus 

I used to do the same, but not so much lately simply because I no longer have the people in my life that I used to.  The last few years I've donated much of my stationary and cards, but I keep some around.

I agree that a hand written note is much more personal than something typed on a computer.  But frankly, I'll take an email thank you note over none at all any day!

@geezerette 

@Shanus 

I collected stationery, cards and calendars for decades.  One of the casualties of the house fire.  I kept track of my personal history on calendars and then I had to pitch them all.  Now I can't remember what I did for the past 40 years.

I still keep a pocket calendar and jot down things.

I use my phone as a phone.

I've told the story before about how I gave a nurse one of those calendars that keeps track of all your kids' and pets' appointments and events.  She regifted it right in front of me, saying that she didn't need it because her whole life was on her phone.

Which she lost on the bus the very next day.

And, yes, we are doing less.  No more events, no concerts, no restaurants, no farmers markets, no theatre, no festivals.  Not going to show my papers to get into any of them.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@geezerette 

@Lucky Charm 

I was considering it just to keep up on all the dog hair.  But then I saw all the stories about them bursting into flames.

Still a little sensitive about combustion.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@geezerette 

@Lucky Charm 

I was considering it just to keep up on all the dog hair.  But then I saw all the stories about them bursting into flames.

@just bee I never heard about them bursting into flames!  But I'm always here when the things are running.  I have one on each floor. 

I can see your point as you've experienced the house fire.  Totally understand.  (I'm afraid of the clothes dryer and hang all my wash outside.  I only use a dryer about a dozen times a year!)

When I had a linoleum kitchen floor, I washed it with soapy hot water after I vacuumed w/o the roller bar going.  Always came up nice.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@geezerette 

@Lucky Charm 

@just bee I never heard about them bursting into flames!  But I'm always here when the things are running.  I have one on each floor. 

I can see your point as you've experienced the house fire.  Totally understand.  (I'm afraid of the clothes dryer and hang all my wash outside.  I only use a dryer about a dozen times a year!)

When I had a linoleum kitchen floor, I washed it with soapy hot water after I vacuumed w/o the roller bar going.  Always came up nice.

@Lucky Charm 

Now that you mention it, my parents' dryer burst into flames when I was in high school.  No major damage -- just the dryer and the fuzzy bathrobe inside it.

But I can't leave the house with an appliance running.  Well, I give the fridge a pass...

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

This is a few days late, just like my brain...

07FFABD7-DCDA-40D7-8E61-287A2938826C.jpeg

@geezerette 

I saw one of those online slideshows: Dog Breeds That Senior Citizens Should Avoid At All Costs!

The Rottweiler was one.  But they were all breeds I like!  Even Greyhounds were on the list.

Disqualifiers were things like size, energy level and ability to shed whole dogs in a day.  I guess Greyhounds are prolific shedders.

Honored Contributor

Strathcona Beekeepers: December 2011