Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- December 2021 Edition

Vintage Bear in the Bee Hive illustration download ...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Goodbye November Hello December Quote Pictures, Photos ...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Happy December, Ladies. I may be the only one who still keep a paper calendar for appts., etc. instead of on my phone. 

I flipped the page to December and not much there  except a few doc appts. ( I kept putting off the dentist 😒). There are a few lunches with friends and that's it.

With Hanukkah soon over and not celebrating Christmas, basically empty "month at a glance".

Anyone else find they're doing much less than pre-pandemic?

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

F761807B-C759-4855-9D85-866E636B87CB.jpeg

@Lucky Charm 

@geezerette 

Okay, you've ruined it for me.

@just bee 

What, you don't think Soupy was a hunk? ...

2CE191AE-E5B4-4BFA-8F4A-6E8097939E22.jpeg

358CF105-181F-42C6-9FD4-7C245894B11D.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Happy December, Ladies. I may be the only one who still keep a paper calendar for appts., etc. instead of on my phone. 

I flipped the page to December and not much there  except a few doc appts. ( I kept putting off the dentist 😒). There are a few lunches with friends and that's it.

With Hanukkah soon over and not celebrating Christmas, basically empty "month at a glance".

@Shanus 

You most definitely are not the only one that still uses a paper calendar.  In fact, I use several.  I'm a paper person.  My brain thinks in paper, not digital.

Like the dinosaurs, I use my cell phone mainly as a phone.  

Novel concept.🤷‍♀️

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

F761807B-C759-4855-9D85-866E636B87CB.jpeg

@Lucky Charm 

@geezerette 

Okay, you've ruined it for me.

@just bee 

What, you don't think Soupy was a hunk? ...

2CE191AE-E5B4-4BFA-8F4A-6E8097939E22.jpeg

358CF105-181F-42C6-9FD4-7C245894B11D.jpeg

His hair (longer) reminds me of Gene Simmons (Kiss).  

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus 

You most definitely are not the only one that still uses a paper calendar.  In fact, I use several.  I'm a paper person.  My brain thinks in paper, not digital.

Novel concept.🤷‍♀️

@geezerette   So glad I'm not the only one. I still enjoy hand writing thank you notes and keeping in touch with written letters instead of emails. I think it's more personal. I send paper cards and/or invitations, too. I have a drawer full of stationary and note cards. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus 

Novel concept.🤷‍♀️

@geezerette   So glad I'm not the only one. I still enjoy hand writing thank you notes and keeping in touch with written letters instead of emails. I think it's more personal. I send paper cards and/or invitations, too. I have a drawer full of stationary and note cards. 

@Shanus 

I used to do the same, but not so much lately simply because I no longer have the people in my life that I used to.  The last few years I've donated much of my stationary and cards, but I keep some around.

I agree that a hand written note is much more personal than something typed on a computer.  But frankly, I'll take an email thank you note over none at all any day!

Honored Contributor

I'm channeling my inner @viva923 today.

I washed throw rugs and the old towels I use to dry the dog and car.  I hung those outside since it's such a beautiful warm and sunny day.  I don't have a clothes line anymore, but I put them over the dog pen fence and that works great.

I also washed my bath rugs, but those are going in the dryer since I like them nice and soft.  I think they get stiff when dried outside.

And I vacuumed and mopped the floor too.

I'm pooped.🥵  I don't know how Viva does this every day!🥱

Honored Contributor

97B37CD0-E0F0-4CBE-BEA9-96264E10F44F.jpeg

Unfortunately that's also how I look!🥺