Respected Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- December 2021 Edition

PS, I am watching cheesy Christmas movies. I know how they end. Happily ever after sounds good to me right now.
Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
PS, I am watching cheesy Christmas movies. I know how they end. Happily ever after sounds good to me right now.

@Brisky 

Sounds good to me now too.

And it also sounds like a good way to spend a Saturday when you have a cold.  Especially when you worked so hard to clean house.  

I'll bet you'll be feeling better when DS walks in the door.  Nice to be able to spend the holidays together.💕🎄

Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
I told you this was a painful time of year!
Brisk back in the hive with cold... yep, I am not feeling as healthy this year!

Woke up at 4:00 this morning and started cleaning.
DS,will be here soon and I don't want him walking into this germy place! MERRY CHRISTMAS, and here's some Kleenex... you will need them to survive here!😑

I agree,with aprilskies, this was planned effort.

Beautiful day here for sure... I am going to sleep now.
😴.very sleepy...
Take care and everybody be careful out there.......

@Brisky 

Good to get the illness out of the way before the new year and the new pup.

Just remember how good it feels when you get over a cold.

Got any of these?

Halos Clementines Net Bag, 3 Lb - StayHome.store

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:

@Brisky 

I was thinking about watching a few myself this week.  I need an alternate universe.

My idea of the perfect Christmas Tree | Christmas landscape, Beautiful christmas trees ...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

It's cold and rainy here too today, without an ocean.  One of those days that the highest temperature is at midnight and it gets colder during the day.

It's supposed to get back to more normal seasonal weather for at least the next few days.  I hope so, I need a break.  And I have to get out and pick up some groceries before the onslaught of last minute holiday shoppers come out.  I'd rather not do so in the rain.

@geezerette 

It's a chilly weekend here, for sure.  I woke up early from my nap to see the moon rise over the Sandias but it was already way up there at 5:15.

Oh, well.  Felt like a full moon all week.

I feel like hibernation is in order.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

My Whole Foods has these *bake-at-home* chocolate chip cookies---which I love.  But they put too many chocolate chips in them.  For two cookies, I removed 29 choc chips from one and 36 from the other.  There were about a half dozen chips still left in each cookie!  

We ordered out tonight at a favorite restaurant.  I ate like a pig.

But still made the cookies. 

Save me.

Normally I lose weight during the holidays from all the running around, *spring cleaning* and just preparing for company---usually overnighters.  But the last two years I didn't lose an ounce. 

And this year I'm again running around, did the spring cleaning (you should see my poor hands) and will be having overnighters.

I'm pretty much prepared, but will do one last clean before they get here.  I always want things to be perfect.

It's our last Christmas in this house.

@Lucky Charm 

That sounds so sad, but it isn't, is it?

We're both really excited to make this move.  We can come back here as we wish, we'll just be visitors.  We've always been on the move, we just want to settle in one place. 

The RE market has been unbelievable here and so it made it almost stupid for us to not sell.  

We're in love the place we'll be living out our retirement years.

Still close to a lot of family and a bit of a drive for those we're moving from.  But...It's doable!

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

My Whole Foods has these *bake-at-home* chocolate chip cookies---which I love.  But they put too many chocolate chips in them.  For two cookies, I removed 29 choc chips from one and 36 from the other.  There were about a half dozen chips still left in each cookie!  

We ordered out tonight at a favorite restaurant.  I ate like a pig.

But still made the cookies. 

Save me.

Normally I lose weight during the holidays from all the running around, *spring cleaning* and just preparing for company---usually overnighters.  But the last two years I didn't lose an ounce. 

And this year I'm again running around, did the spring cleaning (you should see my poor hands) and will be having overnighters.

I'm pretty much prepared, but will do one last clean before they get here.  I always want things to be perfect.

It's our last Christmas in this house.

@Lucky Charm 

That sounds so sad, but it isn't, is it?

We're both really excited to make this move.  We can come back here as we wish, we'll just be visitors.  We've always been on the move, we just want to settle in one place. 

The RE market has been unbelievable here and so it made it almost stupid for us to not sell.  

We're in love the place we'll be living out our retirement years.

Still close to a lot of family and a bit of a drive for those we're moving from.  But...It's doable!

@Lucky Charm 

Then that's definitely not sad. Heart

I think @Brisky will love her "new" place, too.

Honored Contributor

It's 17 degrees here.

Respected Contributor

@just bee 17 degrees, yikes, it is 37 right now, it will go up a few degrees but tonight it will drop to 21. And I don’t know if that takes the wind into account.  It looks frosty out there. 

Respected Contributor

@just bee @geezerette, I don’t know if I can give up tv either. It was going to be an experiment.  I tried my roku again and it is working so for now I still have it.  But I do need to limit it some. Habits are so hard to break.