Is it still snowing out there?

I always loved snow in the desert.☃️

But then, I didn't have to try to drive to work in it.😫

Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive – Autumn 2020 Edition

@geezerette wrote:

@rnmom wrote:

@Brisky wrote:
I'm back and love the bee hive! Let's all TRY to behave!
We must bee better...😆

We got pounded with snow yesterday and lost power.
Built a real fire and about two hours later the power came on.... My mother and I lit our Yankee candles and stayed by the fire. Really pretty snow!
Brisk bee having and out and tired tonight.....
Take care all.....

@Brisky - I will try to behave. Smiley Happy

@rnmom 

Now you, on the other hand, I have serious doubts about!😂

(Along with myself at the top of the list, of course!🤗)

@geezerette 

@rnmom 

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Woman LOL

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee 

Is it still snowing out there?

I always loved snow in the desert.☃️

But then, I didn't have to try to drive to work in it.😫

@geezerette 

It's a Winter Wonderland.  I'd dug up some of that hummingbird bush and potted it, but I left a bit in the ground.  Now that is completely covered with snow.  We have icicles hanging from the roof.

Our local talk show host stayed on the air last night, played Christmas music and kept listeners up to date on road conditions.

We don't get snow like this that often.  And not in October.

But we really needed some moisture.

I'll have to try to get a nap in before work tonight.  Then I'll have to get up early so I can leave early.

Should have taken this week off! Woman LOL

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@SoX wrote:

https://www.google.com/search?ei=IiOYX5HJPIOltQb9lZ-QCA&q=the+birds+and+the+bees+sam+cooke&oq=the+bi...

@SoX 

That's a great photograph! Heart

image.png@SoX 

@just bee 

Oh my gosh!  I can't bee-lieve this!  My hummingbirds would never do this.  As soon as any type of insect--flying or crawling--comes around they are scared off.  Bees and wasps are their worse fears.

I had a pair of praying mantises show up during fall migration this year and they parked themselves on one of my hummy feeders and wouldn't leave.  The birds absolutely refused to use that feeder.  I had to remove the mantises, but they kept finding their way back to the feeder!  I finally took them to a totally different area of the yard to keep them away from the hummingbirds.

@geezerette 

I hate to bee the bearer of bad news, but the mantis will eat a hummer.  Those hummers are smart to keep their distance.

Don't Google it.  It's graphic.

image.png

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@SoX wrote:

https://www.google.com/search?ei=IiOYX5HJPIOltQb9lZ-QCA&q=the+birds+and+the+bees+sam+cooke&oq=the+bi...

@SoX 

image.png@SoX 

@just bee 

Oh my gosh!  I can't bee-lieve this!  My hummingbirds would never do this.  As soon as any type of insect--flying or crawling--comes around they are scared off.  Bees and wasps are their worse fears.

I had a pair of praying mantises show up during fall migration this year and they parked themselves on one of my hummy feeders and wouldn't leave.  The birds absolutely refused to use that feeder.  I had to remove the mantises, but they kept finding their way back to the feeder!  I finally took them to a totally different area of the yard to keep them away from the hummingbirds.

@geezerette 

I hate to bee the bearer of bad news, but the mantis will eat a hummer.  Those hummers are smart to keep their distance.

image.png

@just bee 

😱

Apparently the hummers had already Googled it, because they weren't getting anywhere near that feeder!

And the mantis couple were determined.  If I took the male away, the next day the female was on the feeder.

But they got theirs.  At least the male did.  I found him at the bottom of Carla's water bowl.

I think some of the hummers had formed a vigilante group before they left for the winter...🤠

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Just thought I'd introduce HEP to some of the new Hive dwellers.  We have a lot of posters who have been taking control of their health by changing a few eating habits.  Some have been more active and they're seeing some real changes.

But now that the season is changing and the weather will be turning colder, old habits might make change harder.

It's cold!  And still snowing!  I want stews and soups and pasta!

A long walk today?  I'm not even sure how I'm going to drive to work tonight!

Because we're all going to face some challenges (cooler temperatures, holiday treats), I figure the Hive could keep us on the Healthy Eating path.

@just bee 

Healthy Eating at the Hive!  It has a nice ring to it.

I'm ashamed to admit that I've slipped back into those old, easy, and awful eating habits.  I was right there with @Oshare-girl and @rnmom doing so  well.  Down to my goal weight, clothes fitting well, feeling human at least some of the time.  But then I succumbed to the "just one last splurge" and I was done for--yet again.😭  Am I ever going to learn?

It's a fine line to walk for me.  I can't keep any of my trigger foods in the house.  But my weak point is when I go out, usually on my regular grocery days.  I need some sort of junk.  If I don't buy it, I just scrounge around the house and start binging trying to ease that craving.  So, I've decided I can get just enough treats to last that one day for when I get home.  Pick whatever I'm having a craving for, but only get enough to polish off in one day.  If I'm in shape, one day won't mess me up.  It's the day after day that does me in, and makes all that much harder to get back on track.  

No, it's not rocket science.  But some days it seems that hard!😫

@geezerette 

There seems to be a few related threads on this forum.  I saw some good advice on one of them earlier.

Maybe we need to focus on that this season.  I definitely need to get back on track.  I haven't even been eating apples!

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@SoX wrote:

@SoX 

image.png@SoX 

@just bee 

@geezerette 

image.png

@just bee 

😱

Apparently the hummers had already Googled it, because they weren't getting anywhere near that feeder!

And the mantis couple were determined.  If I took the male away, the next day the female was on the feeder.

But they got theirs.  At least the male did.  I found him at the bottom of Carla's water bowl.

I think some of the hummers had formed a vigilante group before they left for the winter...🤠

@geezerette 

This is why I avoid nature shows.  It always ends badly.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@SoX wrote:

@SoX 

image.png@SoX 

@just bee 

@geezerette 

image.png

@just bee 

😱

@geezerette 

@just bee 

Me too.

When I was a kid I couldn't watch the Disney nature episodes.

Ironic, because I live in the midst of nature at its basic.  It's not always sweet little fawns in the spring.  

The hawk has already started checking out my songbird feeders.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

A moment in the fun...

image.png

I had fun this week discussing a new thread with some of my favorite posters.

And that discussion led to the creation of The Bee Hive.

And a lot of you found your way to the Hive! Heart

Your turn!

@just bee 

This is my moment in the fun!  It makes me laugh every time.😂

I need to laugh.

@geezerette 

We all need more fun.

But why does it have to be so much work? Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@SoX wrote:

@SoX 

image.png@SoX 

@just bee 

@geezerette 

image.png

@just bee 

😱

@geezerette 

@just bee 

Me too.

When I was a kid I couldn't watch the Disney nature episodes.

Ironic, because I live in the midst of nature at its basic.  It's not always sweet little fawns in the spring.  

The hawk has already started checking out my songbird feeders.

@geezerette 

Hawks have to eat, too. Heart