gale force winds

looks like rain/very overcast

got walk in this afternoon

that has been my day

ok guys later

@viva923 

aka "STEALTH923"

Where are you?

We were having wretched winds yesterday in the Albuquerque area.  See, we just get wind and blowing sand and sharp leaves.  No rain. Woman Sad

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive – Autumn 2020 Edition

Does anyone remember the Peanut Butter Crisis of 1980?

I'll spare you the details, but the crisis had unintended consequences.  It affected the outcome of the presidential election and it affected the price of peanut butter.

The price of peanut butter has never returned to its "normal" price range: Affordable.

Have you noticed prices increasing on many of the items you regularly purchase?

A couple weeks ago I realized I was overdue on a hair cut so I started to schedule an appointment.  I noticed her prices for a basic cut had increased significantly.  I rationalized this.  She's an independent stylist, working in a one-person salon.  She's divorced and trying to survive out there alone.  She was shut down and needs to make up lost income.

Now the salons will be closed again.  I'm willing to pay the increase if and when they reopen.  However...

Do you think the price increases we're seeing are now permanent?

I do.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

I ordered some things today.

I noticed that the last time I ordered Lumene CC cream was over a year ago and I'm getting to the end of the tube.  Bought two.

Don't have a backup tube of mascara.  Paranoid that I'll drop the wand in the toilet or something and I'll be without mascara, I ordered another tube.

I'd bought four new longsleeve shirts to wear under my scrubs when I bought new scrubs the other week.  Their in-store selection was limited, so they ordered them for me.  Said they'd be ready to pick up in a couple days.  Not the case.

Getting desperate.  I wanted those to replace the shirts I've been wearing to work and start using the older work shirts as my days-off shirts.

I can't wait any longer.  My shirts are really getting tacky and a couple are ready to be tossed.

Ordered 3 black and 3 gray longsleeve tees to wear this fall and winter and to replace the cleaning rags I've been wearing.

I bet they arrive before the shirts I ordered on the 6th are ready for pick-up.

Honored Contributor

@rnmom 

Looks like you're shutting down again.  I'd avoid Community Chat for a while if I were you.

Honored Contributor

We had discussed making more peanut butter truffles because we had so much leftover chocolate from the first batch.  While we were walkng the dog through the bosque it occurred to me that I really didn't want more truffles but I really didn't want to waste all that chocolate, either.

Solution:

We came home, heated up the chocolate and drizzled it over my biscotti.  We still had too much chocolate, so we started dipping the biscotti.

BH is definitely trying to kill me.

Respected Contributor

Test

Respected Contributor

I need help

Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:

I need help

@Brisky 

I'm hoping you're referring to technical difficulties related to either your device or this forum.

What's going on? Heart

Respected Contributor

Re: @Re: The Bee Hive – Autumn 2020 Edition

@just bee wrote:

@rnmom wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

Okay people.  I didn't mean for this thread to be hijacked into a pity party for me.

What have the rest of you ladies been doing lately?  

Our weather finally turned a little more seasonal, so Carla and I have resumed our tree/bush trimming.  She's actually a lot of help.  I cut a branch, hand the end to her, and she digs in and pulls it out and away from all the other branches and vines it's entangled in.  It's quite hilarious how seriously she takes her "job".  Reminds me of those elephants in Asia that they use to clear the jungles.

The only minor glitch in my system is that after I've tossed the unwanted branch onto a pile, more often than not she jumps in and drags it back out!😩😄

@geezerette - What have I been doing?

Well, kids have been back home doing virtual schooling for the last week and a half again, they are home until the end of the mohth. So that's been tons of fun trying to make sure they are doing what they are supposed to be doing and having them underfoot every day again. Hubby is a teacher and I'm just waiting for him to get the word that he has to go back to virtual in his district too. 

I'm going to try to start working from home too, I started 2 days last week actually. It's going pretty well so far, it would be a lot easier if I were home alone, but I'm making it work. It was nice not having to drive into work. I know it's only going to be temporary, but I'll take it while I can. I'd work from home permanent if they'd let me.

I've been trying to get a bit of a head start on some holiday shopping, I've placed a couple of orders and need to do some more. I'm having a hard time feeling festive at all, but I'm trying to keep some things the same for the sake of my kids. I even already picked them each up a chocolate Advent calendar, I get them one every year.

I'm getting more into cooking and baking and  I'm having fun trying some new things. We had several pumpkins from the garden here and I actually scooped out the seeds and rinsed then off and roasted some. They were pretty darn good if I do say so, and that's something that I never do. So I'm having some fun with things like that. 

It's hunting season so there's "guy stuff" out all over the house, garage, pole barn, basement, etc for hunting and processing deer. So I'm just trying to keep up with the routine stuff without losing my mind. 

Aren't you glad you asked? 

@rnmom 

I'm at the point where working from home would be just fine with me.

But I also know that if I worked from home I would become a hermit and never leave the house.  

I go out because the dog requires a social life.  And there's the occasional errand.

Working outside the home forces me to mix and mingle.

At least most of what you're doing sounds pretty normal.  That can't be too bad.  A little crowded, maybe, but normal. Woman Wink

@just bee -we were offered the opportunity to work from home back in March and I didn't want to back then because everyone else was home and I wanted to pretend like something was still "normal", and that was going to work.

I'm to the point now where I jumped at the chance to work from home and I'm just fine being a hermit right now. I honestly don't care to see anyone outside of close friends and family at this particular time, people that I choose to see. 

Everything that I'm doing may sound normal, but I feel far from normal. Just trying to keep up some appearances I guess.