Respected Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive – Autumn 2020 Edition

@Oshare-girl wrote:

Whoops, went to the old place but found my way to the hive. Yay! Feels so fresh here. Looking forward to it.

It was so hot here that the bees were hanging out at our little fish pond. They were buzzing just over the surface of the water. So cute to see them cooling off.

Can't wait for our "fall weather" to arrive. I can fit into my old pants and sweaters now. I'm officially 10 lbs lighter. @aprilskies I'm hitting the scale too so I can keep on track. My last measured weight was at last year's gyn appointment and I know I gained a few during the first stay-at-home order. So unofficially I think I lost about 13-15 lbs. In any case, it has really been motivating. Now I'm up for a walk, even when it's raining. Before I would find any excuse to not go walking. Self control is stronger too. There's a bag of Halloween candy in the house but I only had a few pieces over the weekend. Knowing all that sugar is floating around in my bloodstream makes the candy-eating experience not as fun.

@Oshare-girl, that is great.  13-15 lbs is definitely an accomplishment. And you shouldnt consider that unofficial. Looks like I am bringing up the caboose on HEP. Slowly but steady I will get there. My first step is not to gain back the 5 lbs. oy vey.  But the scale does help so I will continue to use is as tool. 

And it looks you got self control under control.  That is my biggest enemy.  I just have too much around and it is hard.  But slowly, it is getting better. Right now I am out of chips and I will try and not bring any more in. I dont rest until the bag (s) are gone. So, no more having them around unless it is a small bag for a one time treat. @geezerette

I dont know what the end of the year brings, but if I have to go back in the office, I will be worse off than before.  Getting dressed was a nightmare and I dont want to start going back with dread. 

Honored Contributor

Old habits do die hard.  

I keep automatically clicking on the Beauty forum first thing.

Got a lot of those old habits to kick...

And replace with new and better ones!👍💪

Honored Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@rnmom wrote:

@Brisky wrote:
I'm back and love the bee hive! Let's all TRY to behave!
We must bee better...😆

We got pounded with snow yesterday and lost power.
Built a real fire and about two hours later the power came on.... My mother and I lit our Yankee candles and stayed by the fire. Really pretty snow!
Brisk bee having and out and tired tonight.....
Take care all.....

@Brisky - I will try to behave. Smiley Happy

@rnmom 

Now you, on the other hand, I have serious doubts about!😂

(Along with myself at the top of the list, of course!🤗)

@geezerette - I know, I know, I don't blame you one bit. I have been known to have my mouth get me in trouble once or twice. Must be that German temper that I have. 

@rnmom 

You know I was only kidding (I hope!).🤞

I only skewer the ones I love!😳😄❤️

Honored Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@rnmom wrote:

@Brisky wrote:
I'm back and love the bee hive! Let's all TRY to behave!
We must bee better...😆

We got pounded with snow yesterday and lost power.
Built a real fire and about two hours later the power came on.... My mother and I lit our Yankee candles and stayed by the fire. Really pretty snow!
Brisk bee having and out and tired tonight.....
Take care all.....

@Brisky - I will try to behave. Smiley Happy

@rnmom 

Now you, on the other hand, I have serious doubts about!😂

(Along with myself at the top of the list, of course!🤗)

@geezerette 

@rnmom 

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Woman LOL

@just bee  you too, stay out of trouble!

@just bee 

@rnmom 

Good one!😄

She gotcha there, @just bee!

Frequent Contributor

Good morning 🌅 I thought I would buzz on over this morning because I am going to be a busy bee 🐝 today!
I love the idea of HEP like I have read from many I too struggle with digging in to a healthy salad this time of t! Normally that's my go to but not when the weather turns. Working at home or living at work which ever way you ltat it, it's a long time in the same place with a stock of food....lol
Honored Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Just thought I'd introduce HEP to some of the new Hive dwellers.  We have a lot of posters who have been taking control of their health by changing a few eating habits.  Some have been more active and they're seeing some real changes.

But now that the season is changing and the weather will be turning colder, old habits might make change harder.

It's cold!  And still snowing!  I want stews and soups and pasta!

A long walk today?  I'm not even sure how I'm going to drive to work tonight!

Because we're all going to face some challenges (cooler temperatures, holiday treats), I figure the Hive could keep us on the Healthy Eating path.

@just bee 

Healthy Eating at the Hive!  It has a nice ring to it.

I'm ashamed to admit that I've slipped back into those old, easy, and awful eating habits.  I was right there with @Oshare-girl and @rnmom doing so  well.  Down to my goal weight, clothes fitting well, feeling human at least some of the time.  But then I succumbed to the "just one last splurge" and I was done for--yet again.😭  Am I ever going to learn?

It's a fine line to walk for me.  I can't keep any of my trigger foods in the house.  But my weak point is when I go out, usually on my regular grocery days.  I need some sort of junk.  If I don't buy it, I just scrounge around the house and start binging trying to ease that craving.  So, I've decided I can get just enough treats to last that one day for when I get home.  Pick whatever I'm having a craving for, but only get enough to polish off in one day.  If I'm in shape, one day won't mess me up.  It's the day after day that does me in, and makes all that much harder to get back on track.  

No, it's not rocket science.  But some days it seems that hard!😫

@just bee - Thanks for bringing back HEP! I have to admit, for a long, long time it just wasn't a priority for me and I just didn't pay any attention to it. But as you all know, this year I have been trying to make a change and I'm really trying improve my eating habits.

And you are absolutely right, as the weather gets cooler and I'm inside more it will be more difficult to keep up with the healthy eating. I will admit, the thought of a nice crisp salad when it's 30 degrees out isn't nearly as appealing as when it's 80. I want warm, comfort food for sure. I've definitely been baking more already the last month and I expect it to continue. So continuing to eat better will be more challenging for sure.

@geezerette - It is so easy to slip back into the old eating habits for sure! I'm already noticing that because I don't feel like I need to lose any more weight that my eating habits are starting to slip a bit. Not a lot, but a bit. It's becoming more of a challenge to continue to eat healthy and not give into the cravings. 

I find that it's more of a "chore" to make a salad or eat fruit, whereas before, I seemed to get more pleasure out of it. Maybe it is the season like @just bee said, I enjoyed the fresh fruits and veggies we were getting from the garden this summer. It's just lost some of it's appeal now that the weather is cooler.

But at least you are aware of the problem and can make changes to get back on track. I ignored it for a very long time and let my weight get really out of control. That's what I want to try avoid this time around. If I find myself slipping, I'd like to catch it after 5lbs or so and get back on track. 

@rnmom 

Too true about the change of seasons also bringing a change in our eating habits.  I guess it's just natural, especially if you're living in a cold climate.  Your body is craving heavier 'comfort' food and just won't be satisfied with a fruit salad.  I've noticed that eating lighter will also leave you colder, at least it does with me.  Great in the summer, not so much in winter.

And if you can't get out and move around because of the weather, it's even harder to keep in shape.  Although trudging around in the snow with heavy clothes will use up a lot more calories than strolling around in your shorts in the middle of summer!

Like you say, keeping vigilant and not letting it get too far off track is key.

Honored Contributor

@Caffeina wrote:

I'm a little beehind, but I'm here!

@Caffeina 

Glad you made it!👍

Don't bee a stranger! 🐝

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette 

One last thing before I try to nap...

ksnow20.jpg

@just bee 

❤️❤️❤️

@geezerette @just bee, love the pup.  Wow, did you really get that much snow.  I smell a snow day coming up. 

@geezerette 

@aprilskies 

That's WGD at the Petroglyph National Monument!

And I didn't nap. Woman Sad

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@MeriH wrote:
Wow today took a dark turn between peeing bees and devoured hummingbirds...lol
Wish I hadn't been working 🤣

@MeriH 

Welcome to the dark side....

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Caffeina wrote:

I'm a little beehind, but I'm here!

@Caffeina 

Ar, ar, ar, ar! Heart