Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- August 2022 Edition

@bikerbabe wrote:
Morning,

Thinking of bee. 🐝

I feel like something snapped in me this past week. Feeling a bit broken.

Kitty is responding well to the prednisolone ( kitty version of prednisone). I think she’s out some weight back on and she’s definitely feeling better and more active, chatty, snuggly. So it’s at least buying some time and helping her.

It’s August. It’s hot. What else is new?🤨🥵

I have a bit of time off this week trying to get my head back on straight. DH also has a bunch of doc appointments this week. I went off the rails with emotional eating the past few days which is very unlike me for the past year. I was down 62 pounds but I’m up a couple. I did prep healthy food for us yesterday and got rid of some junk.

Some household stuff to focus on this week along with my side job responsibilities (prop mgr).

@bikerbabe 

Side job???  You already have two side jobs: Caregiver and full-time worrier for DH and the cat.

You're not turning into @viva923 , are you?

I have calls out today and I'd still like to know if I have C. diff.  The past three days have been a major rough patch and BH was threatening to take me back to the ER.  I told myself if I felt as bad today I'd go.  I feel slightly better, which gave me the energy to make phone calls and beg for information.

I even asked if the doctor wanted to schedule another blood draw to check my white cell count.  They have assured me someone will return my call in 24 to 48 hours.

I don't even know what to tell staffing at work.  Doc says I can go back (with C. diff?  Whaaaaa?) but I'm not allowed to lift, push or pull until September.

What do I do with that?

Take the time off this week to rebuild, rejuvenate.  Stick with the healthy food choices.  You've worked too hard to fall back into old habits.  I felt so bad yesterday that I told BH I had to watch something funny or else.  Thank goodness for Ricky Gervais.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
Feeling sweaty here and. It's hot. Got up early for chores. I confess when DH is here I actually do less house work. Then when he's working I snap out of it.

@just bee, could you call the doctors office and getting somebody to look at you? Have you had the follow up appointment?
Is their puss at incision site?
Stay in touch with the Dr's office.It could save you from going to the ER.
Go with your instict...

I have laundry, dishes and general cleaning.

I am looking forward to fall already!
Take care everybody....
Brisk out to do chores....

@Brisky 

If they could just call me back...  Desperate, I told BH to pick up some Pedialyte for me.

Have you ever tasted that stuff?  It's revolting!

At least we got some rain last night.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Howz @just bee  doing today?Heart

@Lucky Charm 

Struggling a bit.  Don't feel right and I wish my surgeon had called me back before the weekend.

Would like to get back to normal but have this nagging feeling that it's not going to happen.

@just bee 

That doesn't sound encouraging at all.☹️

I hope you hear from your doctor's office today, otherwise you may have to start camping out on their doorstep to get some answers.  

I agree with the others--trust your gut, pun intended.  I'm sure you're back and forth about the whole c diff possibilities given your personal history with it, but you know you (I've come to hate that phrase, but in this instance it's perfect).  If you suspect something is not right with your recovery, don't let it pass.  And don't let it get to the point of needing the emergency room.

We need our Fearless Leader back at 100%.  And I'm sure you're sick of feeling bad by now.

❤️

@geezerette 

You wanna know how sick?  I'd rather be back at work than feeling like I'm going to have to go back into the hospital.  I wish they hadn't given me that IV potassium before I went home.

After the lunch hour, I'm going to start making calls again.  I'm just afraid that what I gave them wasn't a viable specimen and instead of letting me know, I'm sitting here in limbo.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Brisky wrote:
Feeling sweaty here and. It's hot. Got up early for chores. I confess when DH is here I actually do less house work. Then when he's working I snap out of it.

@just bee, could you call the doctors office and getting somebody to look at you? Have you had the follow up appointment?
Is their puss at incision site?
Stay in touch with the Dr's office.It could save you from going to the ER.
Go with your instict...

I have laundry, dishes and general cleaning.

I am looking forward to fall already!
Take care everybody....
Brisk out to do chores....

@Brisky 

If they could just call me back...  Desperate, I told BH to pick up some Pedialyte for me.

Have you ever tasted that stuff?  It's revolting!

At least we got some rain last night.

@just bee 

I don't see how you could go back to work if you're not eating solid foods by now.  Especially if you're feeling bad enough to know it's not normal.

Maybe if you tell your superiors that you can't come back until you can find out what's going on with you they'll get you in to see someone!

😡

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Howz @just bee  doing today?Heart

@Lucky Charm 

Struggling a bit.  Don't feel right and I wish my surgeon had called me back before the weekend.

Would like to get back to normal but have this nagging feeling that it's not going to happen.

@just bee 

That doesn't sound encouraging at all.☹️

I hope you hear from your doctor's office today, otherwise you may have to start camping out on their doorstep to get some answers.  

I agree with the others--trust your gut, pun intended.  I'm sure you're back and forth about the whole c diff possibilities given your personal history with it, but you know you (I've come to hate that phrase, but in this instance it's perfect).  If you suspect something is not right with your recovery, don't let it pass.  And don't let it get to the point of needing the emergency room.

We need our Fearless Leader back at 100%.  And I'm sure you're sick of feeling bad by now.

❤️

@geezerette 

You wanna know how sick?  I'd rather be back at work than feeling like I'm going to have to go back into the hospital.  I wish they hadn't given me that IV potassium before I went home.

After the lunch hour, I'm going to start making calls again.  I'm just afraid that what I gave them wasn't a viable specimen and instead of letting me know, I'm sitting here in limbo.

@just bee 

That sounds entirely feasible.  Especially with all the staffing shortages now.

Honored Contributor

You have no business even contemplating going back to work yet and your doctor is full of it… I’ll get back to that in a moment.

If you can’t get some help today get your tush over to the ED because at least they will be forced to address your situation you can get some labs drawn. You need to know if you’ve got C diff and you need to know if you’ve got an infection brewing.

No you don’t need to go back to work if you got suspected C diff. Don’t think your colleagues, as much as they love you, would want you there either. 😉

No, you don’t want to work BH, intake/trauma/ED?, if you can push, pull or lift! 😂 Because your patients are always calm and compliant. 🥴

And you don’t need to be working when you can’t really even eat yet.

Yeah. Let’s focus on establishing what’s going on with your recovery first. 💕
Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
You have no business even contemplating going back to work yet and your doctor is full of it… I’ll get back to that in a moment.

If you can’t get some help today get your tush over to the ED because at least they will be forced to address your situation you can get some labs drawn. You need to know if you’ve got C diff and you need to know if you’ve got an infection brewing.

No you don’t need to go back to work if you got suspected C diff. Don’t think your colleagues, as much as they love you, would want you there either. 😉

No, you don’t want to work BH, intake/trauma/ED?, if you can push, pull or lift! 😂 Because your patients are always calm and compliant. 🥴

@bikerbabe 

See, that's what I thought...

Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:

@bikerbabe 

@just bee 

Yeah!  All that!!!  ⏫

Trusted Contributor

@just bee ,

Ok, I didn't want to mention this, but, my late husband's incision from his emergency appendectomy got infected when he came home from the hospital.  

You know something's not right and you feel terrible.  You should not be suffering like this.  Please, please, go to the ER so someone will take a look at you.  Do not wait another 48 hours for the doctor's office to call you back.

Respected Contributor

I agree bee, you know your body the best. If you can't eat there is something off. If all was well you would be feeling better. Time to go.... just worried.
Take care and let us know...
Brisk out....