Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- April 2024 Edition

@just bee wrote:

@bikerbabe wrote:
I still need to figure out my tea order. 🤓

Have you tried any of their ice tea pouches? I drink a lot of iced tea in summer, plain, no sweetener.

@bikerbabe 

I haven't.  Which flavors are you considering?

Blood orange 

Peach

Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@bikerbabe wrote:
I still need to figure out my tea order. 🤓

Have you tried any of their ice tea pouches? I drink a lot of iced tea in summer, plain, no sweetener.

@bikerbabe 

I haven't.  Which flavors are you considering?

Blood orange 

Peach

@bikerbabe 

Peach should be all right, but blood orange can be tricky.

Several years ago I tried the one from NM Tea Company (Black Tea, Orange Peel, Rose Hips, Apple Pieces, Safflowers, and Rose Petals, with Natural and Artificial Flavoring).

I drank it hot and it was a tad tangy.

Harney ingredients: Apple pieces, orange peel, rosehips, hibiscus, orange flavor, beetroot, raspberry flavor, grapefruit flavor, blood orange flavor, safflowers, marigold petals. Contains natural flavors.

This version, to me, would probably be even more tangy.  Might make a good iced tea, though.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@just bee 

You are in for a treat! My husband makes a mean carnita. He originally started by following David Lebovitz's recipe, but since has put his own spin on it.  

I'm afraid I've lost sight--are you having yet another procedure this week? If so, I hope all goes well. And be sure to freeze some of the leftover carnitas!

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@just bee 

You are in for a treat! My husband makes a mean carnita. He originally started by following David Lebovitz's recipe, but since has put his own spin on it.  

I'm afraid I've lost site--are you having yet another procedure this week? If so, I hope all goes well. And be sure to freeze some of the leftover carnitas!

@magicmoodz 

Oh, I know!  He makes a great carne adovada, too!  The day our house burned, he was preparing machaca -- and we never got any! 

Woman Mad

Yes, lucky me, I'm on a clear diet tomorrow with no food or water after midnight for a procedure that will be happening in the afternoon.  No water, two enemas.

Can you say dehydrated?

It's a flexible sigmoidoscopy.  My surgeon wants to take another look at what the MRI is detecting.

I was supposed to be awake for the last one, but as soon as they gave me Versed and fentanyl I was gone.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

IMG_8513.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Versed and fentanyl and I’d be out. 🤣
Honored Contributor

BH has to shred all that pork, so WGD and I are going to take a slow walk around the neighborhood.

It'll give me the chance to check the mail and talk myself into working on my taxes today.

Or not...

Respected Contributor

Brisk, back in the hive...
Having trouble posting! 😕
Sorry to hear about WGD ♥️ There is never a good time to hear bad news about best friends in life. Keeping you all in my thoughts.

We are getting new lines for Internet. When I try to post it has been kicking me straight out🙄

I will get this fixed soon I hope..
Hang loose everybody .... Hope this posts!
Esteemed Contributor

WeRe: The Bee Hive -- April 2024 Edition

@just bee wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@just bee 

I'm afraid I've lost site--are you having yet another procedure this week? If so, I hope all goes well. And be sure to freeze some of the leftover carnitas!

@magicmoodz 

Oh, I know!  He makes a great carne adovada, too!  The day our house burned, he was preparing machaca -- and we never got any! 

Woman Mad

Yes, lucky me, I'm on a clear diet tomorrow with no food or water after midnight for a procedure that will be happening in the afternoon.  No water, two enemas.

Can you say dehydrated?

It's a flexible sigmoidoscopy.  My surgeon wants to take another look at what the MRI is detecting.

I was supposed to be awake for the last one, but as soon as they gave me Versed and fentanyl I was gone.

@just bee 

I don't even know what those díshes are, but now I want to go to the mercado for some authentic Mexican food. Do you use a lot of hatch chilies? My brother-in-law who used to live in Albuquerque uses them and since moving back, friends in NM send them to him.

With your medical background, would you rather be awake so you are aware of everything going on or fall asleep for the procedure? I hope all goes well and I am sure BH will have a wonderful meal for you after it's all over.💕

Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
Brisk, back in the hive...
Having trouble posting! 😕
Sorry to hear about WGD ♥️ There is never a good time to hear bad news about best friends in life. Keeping you all in my thoughts.

We are getting new lines for Internet. When I try to post it has been kicking me straight out🙄

I will get this fixed soon I hope..
Hang loose everybody .... Hope this posts!

@Brisky 

It did! Woman LOL

Thanks for the support! Heart  Just hope we can keep him around as long as possible.  And if he should get an extra treat or two... not a problem.