Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- April 2024 Edition

@just bee wrote:

I had to restrain myself.  There's a Cher thread on another forum and I was this close...

@just bee 

I see that didn't last.  Apparently your restraint needs to be restrained.😉😆

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz 

I never liked the taste of coffee itself, but I did like the effect and the cream.😊  So any coffee alternatives held no attraction for me.  

Besides that, I got tired of the whole brewing routine for coffee.  With the exception of instant (which was like drinking water from a mud puddle to me), you need some sort of additional appliance to make it.  With tea, I can just use the microwave.  I admit that I'm a tea heathen, but it works for me.

And with regular caffeinated tea, I can drink it any time of the day and not be affected by sleeplessness at night.

I'm really hoping I can eventually eliminate the tea altogether too.  But as @just bee likes to say, I think it's the ritual that keeps me hooked in with something.  And it gives me enough of a sugar kick that I can space throughout the day so I can keep off the heavy duty sugary foods.🤞

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

I had to restrain myself.  There's a Cher thread on another forum and I was this close...

@just bee 

I see that didn't last.  Apparently your restraint needs to be restrained.😉😆

@geezerette 

What can I say?  I'm a rogue elephant.  A loose cannon.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@magicmoodz 

I'm really hoping I can eventually eliminate the tea altogether too.  But as @just bee likes to say, I think it's the ritual that keeps me hooked in with something.  And it gives me enough of a sugar kick that I can space throughout the day so I can keep off the heavy duty sugary foods.🤞

@geezerette 

That's precisely why I drink wine.

Yeah, that's it...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@geezerette 

BH seems genuinely surprised but it's what I expected.  Our boy may very well have prostate cancer.

We'll be watching and waiting for any signs of further decline.  Will need to make sure he's still urinating normally.

She says he has three to six months.  Maybe less, maybe more.  We'll just keep an eye on the situation and check in with her as needed.

Just when I thought 2023 was in the lead for worst year ever, 2024 pulls ahead in the downhill.

Honored Contributor

@just bee 

Aw geez.  What can I say?💞

Keeping him comfortable is the main thing.  And you know full well, doctors and tests can be more pessimistic than reality.

No matter how long we have them, it's not long enough though.😢

Esteemed Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@geezerette 

I know there is caffeine in lots of teas, but if you need an extra jolt, maybe one of these?  I can't drink Starbucks coffee because it is so acidic.Best-Low-Acid-Coffee-Inset-13032019.jpg

@magicmoodz 

Yikes!  Talk about a slippery slope!

I have caffeine tablets I can add when I need that little extra 'oomph'. 

One of the problems with more caffeine of any type is that caffeine itself bothers my system.  I probably shouldn't be having any at all, but I'm such a slug nowadays.  

@geezerette 

For me caffeine is definitely an addiction. I can get severe headaches when I try to go cold turkey. That addiction is also habitual. I love sitting down with a hot cup of coffee. And by hot, I mean if it doesn't burn my tongue it's not hot enough. I think that's why I have trouble with tea. it seems to cool off so fast (or is that my imagination?😂)

Honored Contributor

Oh, @just bee ,  and @geezerette ,  so sorry to hear.  Was hoping very hard it would be something else.  WGD is a sweetheart who will have a lot of love and exquisitely attentive care over the next while, as he has had up to now....  It's always so hard to be in view of the end.  Hoping he and you have as much comfort as possible, as long as possible.   Sending hugs. 

Esteemed Contributor

@just bee 

Oh I am so sorry you were delivered such difficult news. It's never easy. Love him up as much as you can each and every day. If it's not too intrusive, I would love if you would post a picture of WGD! @geezerette You too! I love Rotties and would love to see Carla!

Honored Contributor

I’m sorry, 🐝💕

Did the vet mention adding an NSAID?