Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- April 2024 Edition

hey all

wonder what is in the air ? I have had some super bad anxiety attacks since friday. the anxiety has finally begun to lesson.

dh picked up the rental car for next 2 weeks or so. our toyota is in for repairs from that backed (the person who backed into us just kept going) into accident back in Jan 2024. this all depends on how long it takes to get parts in pretty much the front grille will have to be replaced.

we had to move the fridge in the computer room (it is the spare fridge) this morn. what a chore that was.can't get the mat moved on the carpet so it is now sitting funny 

today is a super soaker-i mean a soaker-at noon it began in buckets of rain. still drizzling now. thunder storms are in the area too.

well guys not much else. later all

Honored Contributor

@viva923 

Seeing a lot of patients with higher anxiety levels lately.  They can't sleep.

I figure there's a lot to be stressed about.  Too many changes coming at us too quickly and too much information to process.  News doesn't help because it's mostly bad.

All I can do is concentrate on what's going on at home.  Is it a place where I can relax, eat healthy food and get some decent sleep?

If home can be therapeutic, then we have an edge.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

And speaking of sleep...

Better get a nap before I have to go to work.

Later!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@viva923 

I figure there's a lot to be stressed about.  Too many changes coming at us too quickly and too much information to process.  News doesn't help because it's mostly bad.

All I can do is concentrate on what's going on at home.  Is it a place where I can relax, eat healthy food and get some decent sleep?

@just bee 

Saw a story on the news about that recently.  It's become/becoming a huge problem with the general population, not just kids now.

I think people are bringing stress into their homes in a lot of ways, some unavoidable.

I'm biased because of my personality and age, but I agree it's too much change too quickly.  I don't have a problem with much of the goals of society today, but I do disagree with the way in which it's (trying to) come about.

Honored Contributor

IMG_8637.jpeg

Told DH I'm re-doing his bathroom. 
He needs shag carpet in the latrine. 
And a blue bathtub. 🛁 

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Icelandic Provisions Vanilla Skyr Yogurt, 5.3 oz - Smith's Food and Drug

I'm revising what I bring to work for snacks.  Tonight I'll be auditioning this.

@just bee 

Never heard of or seen the brand (not surprising here), but the packaging looks good!🙂

Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:

IMG_8637.jpeg

And a blue bathtub. 🛁 

@bikerbabe 

That looks like one of my old bathrooms, except I never did use blue in a house.  I think mine was either purple or orange.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@viva923 

@just bee 

Saw a story on the news about that recently.  It's become/becoming a huge problem with the general population, not just kids now.

I think people are bringing stress into their homes in a lot of ways, some unavoidable.

I'm biased because of my personality and age, but I agree it's too much change too quickly.  I don't have a problem with much of the goals of society today, but I do disagree with the way in which it's (trying to) come about.

@geezerette 

I'll drink to that.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@bikerbabe wrote:

IMG_8637.jpeg

And a blue bathtub. 🛁 

@bikerbabe 

That looks like one of my old bathrooms, except I never did use blue in a house.  I think mine was either purple or orange.

@geezerette 

@bikerbabe 

When this house was first built we were surprised that both bathrooms were carpeted.  Was this a New Mexico thing?

BH actually removed the carpeting in the guest bath and installed tile.  He had never done tiling in his life, but it was perfect.  Even better than our current tile, installed by "professionals."

I don't like blue in or on houses.  Weird, because my favorite color was blue at one time.

Now I dislike carpeting.  We ditched it when the house was rebuilt.

I just picture someone puking -- or worse -- all over that blue shag.

Honored Contributor

Home again Home again, Jiggity Jog.

Had a great day with loved ones in Philly today.

We actually went to U of Penn Hosp as my BIL had a follow-up appointment.   We went in with positive thoughts and thank goodness we had positive results.  Was time to celebrate.  Food is good enough for me for celebrating!

Back home and in my jammies.  Husband is back at my dad's.  He is so attached to my dad, it's going to be awful for both when he comes home Saturday.  Everyone is so thankful that he was able to stay with my dad and make a nice dinner and serve my father.

My other sister will be there on Monday.

Catching up with my favorite taped news show.