Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- April 2023 Edition

@geezerette 

Watching the tornado coverage this morning.

Anxiety Treatment -- Susan B. Saint-Rossy - Ashburn, VASusan Saint-Rossy, LCSW - Relationship ...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee 

Wynne got decimated--again.  It's been hit before.  It's in the traditional tornado belt.  Little Rock and the surrounding Metro areas that were affected yesterday are not.  Plus there is a just a lot more people in those areas so they naturally get a lot of news coverage.

That, and the fact that the area that got hit is where many of the local celebrities and politicians live and shop so that is getting a lot of coverage even though Jacksonville may have suffered more damage.

I'm already getting sick of the dramatic interviews:  "How did you feel?"  "Uh, how do you think I felt when I saw that my home and all my belongings were decimated?"😡

I think some of these reporters are vying for Oscar nominations.😏

Honored Contributor

I truly detest cat eye frames. That’s what I got in kindergarten when I first started wearing glasses and I was called four eyes and teased mercilessly. 😭
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee 

Wynne got decimated--again.  It's been hit before.  It's in the traditional tornado belt.  Little Rock and the surrounding Metro areas that were affected yesterday are not.  Plus there is a just a lot more people in those areas so they naturally get a lot of news coverage.

That, and the fact that the area that got hit is where many of the local celebrities and politicians live and shop so that is getting a lot of coverage even though Jacksonville may have suffered more damage.

I'm already getting sick of the dramatic interviews:  "How did you feel?"  "Uh, how do you think I felt when I saw that my home and all my belongings were decimated?"😡

I think some of these reporters are vying for Oscar nominations.😏

@geezerette 

The plucky "little people."

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
I truly detest cat eye frames. That’s what I got in kindergarten when I first started wearing glasses and I was called four eyes and teased mercilessly. 😭

@bikerbabe 

Vintage 50s / 60s Blue Cat Eye Glasses Frames with Rhinestones

Classic.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, no thanks.

Reporters are sometimes clueless.
Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
Yeah, no thanks.

Reporters are sometimes clueless.

@bikerbabe 

How 'bout these?

Are Cat Eye Sunglasses Good For Round Faces | www.tapdance.org

Honored Contributor

I really shouldn't blame the reporters.  They're a lot like QVC hosts--they have a job to do and have to grab the viewers' attention.

It's just that after a while it gets to be too much.  People are tired, hot, dirty, and worried.  They're trying to sift through a rubble of stuff to see if there is anything salvageable, then try to clean the whole mess up and figure out what to do and where to go next.  And they've got some clueless twit shoving a microphone in their face asking them how they "feel".

Why not pick up a shovel and help instead?

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

I really shouldn't blame the reporters.  They're a lot like QVC hosts--they have a job to do and have to grab the viewers' attention.

It's just that after a while it gets to be too much.  People are tired, hot, dirty, and worried.  They're trying to sift through a rubble of stuff to see if there is anything salvageable, then try to clean the whole mess up and figure out what to do and where to go next.  And they've got some clueless twit shoving a microphone in their face asking them how they "feel".

Why not pick up a shovel and help instead?

@geezerette 

Can't shovel and hold a microphone at the same time.

Honored Contributor

EA7130C5-667E-4CD9-A663-47E154730CF9.jpeg