Respected Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- April 2023 Edition

@just bee wrote:

@rnmom 

After my summer surgery, it was suggested that I get off the stick, get a PCP and catch up on all the annual exams I'd been avoiding for twenty years.

All my labs and exams were perfect except one.  I had my first colonoscopy last Monday and they found a large malignant mass.

The Cancer Center doctors are reviewing patient charts today so I should be hearing something from them this week. 

Don't know how long it's been there but it's large and they knew it was cancer even before the biopsy.

@just bee - Oh no! I cannot tell you how sorry I am to hear that! I know that I have been MIA the last year or two and it's been hard for me to keep up with the thread. I will definitely try to check in every few days because I need to know how you are doing. Please keep posting so I can follow. 

Honored Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@rnmom 

After my summer surgery, it was suggested that I get off the stick, get a PCP and catch up on all the annual exams I'd been avoiding for twenty years.

All my labs and exams were perfect except one.  I had my first colonoscopy last Monday and they found a large malignant mass.

The Cancer Center doctors are reviewing patient charts today so I should be hearing something from them this week. 

Don't know how long it's been there but it's large and they knew it was cancer even before the biopsy.

@just bee - Oh no! I cannot tell you how sorry I am to hear that! I know that I have been MIA the last year or two and it's been hard for me to keep up with the thread. I will definitely try to check in every few days because I need to know how you are doing. Please keep posting so I can follow. 

@rnmom 

One of my patients said: I'm fluctuating through life.  For some reason that resonated with me.

This is just another fluctuation.  I'll post updates as I get them.Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Deakin & Francis Sterling Silver Bumble Bee Cufflinks | Harrods SE

Bee cufflinks at Harrods.

How cool are these?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Honey bee ornament pysanka egg hand painted bumble bee | Etsy | Egg gifts, Bee gifts, Easter egg ...

Honored Contributor

Happy Easter Peeps! #bees #easter #sunday #egg #celebrate | Painted rocks craft, Painted rocks ...

Honored Contributor

Bumble bee Easter egg Pysanky eggs Ukrainian hand painted | Etsy

Honored Contributor

Bees in Pysanka, Happy Easter! To see more Easter and Bees ~ Follow:Historical Honeybee Articles ...

Honored Contributor

Label Art

This is a new one.  I'd like to try it.

Honored Contributor

@KaySD wrote:

Hi, justbee and geezerette and all,

Saw your names and stopped by to say hello. It's been a long time! Life is good, better, best, and I'm glad to still be here. Glad to see you are, too!

Wishing you well. Be well!

@KaySD 

Well, hello!  It's been a while.  👋

Nice to hear from you and glad that your life is going well.  ❤️

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@aprilskies 

You sound like a medical mystery!

But stress does do a number on our health, especially when combined with lack of sleep and a poor diet.  And we don't always bounce back when the stress is gone--the gift that keeps on giving.🙁  Those "always nothing" problems sometimes can turn into a "something" problem.  

Do take care of yourself.  We miss you here! 

❤️

@aprilskies 

Sounds crazy (and I know crazy!), but purging will definitely help you deal with the stress.

I still have no idea why I accumulated so much stuff but now that it's gone, it's like some spiritual renewal or something.  Don't get me wrong -- I like stuff.  I never wanted to live in an empty box.  But I do appreciate BH's minimalist esthetic.

I just don't feel the weight.  And now it's easier for me to part ways with things.

Home has become that sanctuary I always wanted.  It's peaceful here.

You won't miss the things you are letting go. 

Travel light, my friend.  Concentrate on the things you love and that bring you joy.  The rest is just... stuff.

@just bee 

@aprilskies 

As I'm listening to interviews with the people that were directly impacted the worst from our recent storms, they all seem to echo that same cliche: "We're just grateful to be alive.  Everything else can be replaced.  It's just 'stuff'".

Sure, we all need some basic stuff.  And I think what we consider "basics" now is a lot more than even what, say, our parents (my parents, anyway) considered basic.  But I've been of the mind for years now that our society has become too dependent on consumption.  I don't think it was a good thing, and I don't see how it can continue.  

That's my deep thought for the day.  And probably the only one I'll have today...🥱