Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- April 2023 Edition

@bikerbabe wrote:
I’m officially losing it. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 And old.
Losing track of time and years and what year is it. 😆

On another thread, I mentioned a longtime boyfriend before DH and I met and started dating.
I said we were together until 2016.
It was 2 0 0 6. 😆😆🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

It was a typo.
Yeah, that’s it. A typo.
On my phone.

🙌
🙈 😳

@bikerbabe 

That's funny.  Usually it seems the woman is on top of *important* dates like that.  Not me.  I constantly hear my husband tell people how many years we've been married and that's really the only way I know how long it's been.

I'm having a terrible time remembering how old my grandchildren are or the years they were born.

My dad has always had a mental block about my birthday/birthdate.  Whaaaa???

Honored Contributor

In my defense, I’ll claim prolonged significant sleep deprivation. 💤
Respected Contributor

Brisk back in the hive......
The fuse to my box for watering the yard blew up and I need and electrician. Calling tomorrow.
I can't weed and feed my yard till the water is turned on. Big set back but I got over it pretty quickly. I guess🤨 I want what I want NOW!🤣
I actually have weeds and not the type you smoke🤣

Spent the day outside with 8 golden retievers instead!
DH and I had alot of fun as they can get around now.
Lordy, they are lookers.! Will update photos soon.

My son actually asked out a girl he actually likes and she said yes. He is definitely starting to come out of his shell! Finally!
He also seems happier in general this year. I think he knows his school years are over and right now I think he is going to work in Frankfurt Germany. He has three options open so we will see.

I hope everybody is doing alright and trying to hang loose...
I am going to get my own laptop but I really have been busy. Yes, still reading everything backwards.🙃

Anyway, I want to watch the coronation. Never seen one and I hope I can stay awake....Hey, it's a British thing I know but still want to watch....🙃

Hang loose ...Brisk out on a WARM Sunday....
Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@rnmom 

I have a coworker who means well, but she's depressing the ____ outta me.

I'm trying to manage the cancer and work and she keeps telling me that there's no way I can go through the treatment and keep working.  I'll need to go on short-term disability.

The side effects will be so bad that I'll suffer with debilitating neuropathy the rest of my life.

The expense of the treatment will use all my savings and I'll be left with nothing.

She's had cancer twice, her sisters have had cancer and now her DIL has cancer.

Let's just say I was not in the best mood when I got home from work yesterday.  I was considering just saying no to the treatment plan.  Which isn't even a plan yet.

So last night I watched YouTube videos of flash mobs gathering to play classical music, and then I watched favorite opera pieces.

I felt much better.

And then I turned on the TV and the WH Correspondents' Dinner was on.

I think I just need to listen to more music.

@just bee - I am so sorry that your co-worker is being less than helpful. I've known many people who have had cancer and each person's experience has been different. Some people have negative side effects and others can't even hardly tell they're getting treatment. And I don't know anyone who has lost their life savings, or their home, or anything else for that matter.

I'm sure it's difficult but please try not to let her get you down and just take one day at a time.