Respected Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- April 2022 Edition

Hi all,  just dropping in to say hello.  Same ole same ole here, just a different day. 

I hope you are all doing well and hanging in there. 

Today is a super beautiful day. I hope we get many more of these. Makes me want to be outside. 

My big dilemma is right now if I should make a quick run to Costco’s to get a box of the fruit bars that are in sale.  Hmmmm....  I have been wanting some cool and refreshing other than fruit. 

Respected Contributor

Hello to all in the hive...
Nice day here and just chilling out. Just doing some laundry and BORED to tears🤣

Please tell me something exciting!!
I am in need of some fun.

Maybe I should get a new hobby but what would I do?
I could paint like Monet🤣 well, maybe not. I could rival Rembrandt. Ok maybe not. I could go back to school. Like Rodney Dangerfield did, actually that might be fun!
I could blow smoke up all those professors ass and give them some advice.
Help me before I run to McDonalds and beg them for a job.
What do you all 🤔
Marigold is too calm and I have ran out of children....
All advice would be appreciated 🙂
Respected Contributor

Come on I need suggestions. I don't want to stay home anymore....
Respected Contributor

Where is everybody in my hour of despair?
Respected Contributor

Ok, school is my go to I guess. I will study English and buy a real computer....
Respected Contributor

Where is everybody....I hope you all are having fun! I am soon lonely 🙁
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

I guess I'm a little cranky.  It appears that many who are still collecting paychecks have joined The Great Resignation but have not yet contacted HR.

They're being paid for sitting on their _____ and playing with their phones.

Didn't realize that was a career path.

Can you tell I'm fed up?

@just bee 

I keep asking people where all the workers went that used to do all the jobs that now have no people to fill them.  Nobody seems to know.

The majority don't seem to have moved to other positions.  So how do they live?  Did everyone retire?

943EEDBE-F8C6-471F-B609-F072BB89AC72.gif

@geezerette 

Mysterious, isn't it?

No visible means of support, yet they're out there... surviving.  All we hear is that the average American is living paycheck to paycheck and has nothing in savings.

Well, some of us did sacrifice and plan and save and now we can watch the value of those dollars shrink.

Soon we'll find out how it's done.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

Hi all,  just dropping in to say hello.  Same ole same ole here, just a different day. 

I hope you are all doing well and hanging in there. 

Today is a super beautiful day. I hope we get many more of these. Makes me want to be outside. 

My big dilemma is right now if I should make a quick run to Costco’s to get a box of the fruit bars that are in sale.  Hmmmm....  I have been wanting some cool and refreshing other than fruit. 

@aprilskies 

What flavor did you get? Woman Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
Hello to all in the hive...
Nice day here and just chilling out. Just doing some laundry and BORED to tears🤣

Please tell me something exciting!!
I am in need of some fun.

Maybe I should get a new hobby but what would I do?
I could paint like Monet🤣 well, maybe not. I could rival Rembrandt. Ok maybe not. I could go back to school. Like Rodney Dangerfield did, actually that might be fun!
I could blow smoke up all those professors ass and give them some advice.
Help me before I run to McDonalds and beg them for a job.
What do you all 🤔
Marigold is too calm and I have ran out of children....
All advice would be appreciated 🙂

@Brisky 

I've given this some thought.  I think I have a hobby.  Italian reds.

Sometimes I reget dropping my painting class in college.  I went to the first session and the professor spent the entire class telling us what we needed to buy.

The term "starving artist" came to mind.  I was living in a small apartment at the time and was wondering where I was going to store all the supplies.  Paints, brushes, canvases, linseed oil...

I chose to focus on art history and drawing instead.  A piece of charcoal was cheaper and easier to tote around.

But I do envy those who can and do paint.

How 'bout watercolor?

Title: Bumble Bee in Haze Medium: watercolor on paper Size: 6"x9" | Bumble bee tattoo, Bee art ...

Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
Come on I need suggestions. I don't want to stay home anymore....

@Brisky 

More and more, that's what I'd rather do.